Small report forum change

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Acid_Hunter, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Extra option on player report forum

Okay so, every staff member is able to handle chat reports. Wouldn't it be a good feature to add categories for player reports on the forums so other staff members (that aren't a part of the reports team) handle the chat reports that are posted on the forums? A few examples of possible categories: Chat offenses, Bug abuse, or Gameplay offenses (now it's just in-game and forum reports. I know this isn't something that is very important, but it could end up releasing some pressure on the reports team that then focus more on the gameplay offenses & the bug abuse reports. When this happens people will most likely get quicker answers on all of their reports & appeals since now that could take a day or more.

Feel free to +1 this post and leave questions down in the comments!

Yukihira likes this.
  2. ImJared

Eh, I rather make it so staff has to check their appeals everyday instead of every couple days so they won't stack and also reporting isn't that bad right now they don't have any pressure on them atm tbh.. speaking from sb1 side the real issue is Skywars hackers thats pretty much it

3. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    You can't just "make" staff look at their appeals every day.. with this it probably makes it a bit faster either way since the reports team has more time.

4. Darenn

Darenn
    Hello!

The slight issue with this idea is: every reports team member has a certain activity requirement to meet every month. If more staff members had access to viewing and doing these reports, not everyone would make reach their requirements at the end of the month.
    Not to mention, reports are mostly viewed at a maximum of 2-3 hours.

Another thing I'd like to point out. Whilst filling up a report, not every player is aware of what the punishment categories are. If we were to say that a user has committed a Bug Exploiting (Minor) offense but the user who's reporting decides to rush the report and send it in the Chat Offense category. I feel like this would most likely happen too often and reports would get mixed up in all the categories.

Your idea isn't bad and I'm not against it. We just have things to think about and to take into consideration before making the decision on whether or not this should be implemented.

Have a good day!

LeafyTiger24, kuieren and Zonafer like this.
  5. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Yeah okay you are right, people will probably misclick or as you said don't know which category it is.

6. 10sec

10sec
    Hello.

In theory, this idea would work out somewhat, however, as pointed out above I don't think that would be possible.

In addition to what has been said, I don't believe that allowing other staff members to take care of forum reports would actually be a good thing, as that would go against the principle of the "Reports Team". The sub-team would basically stop existing.

The staff members who are now there have taken their time to get to where they are, so it wouldn't be completely fair to them implementing this idea. Furthermore, I believe the chat offences are hardly reported in the forums as that is why the /chatreport was implemented, forum reports are usually saved for cheating/gameplay offences.

Thank you.

Have a nice day/night. ❥

7. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey Acid_Hunter,

All reports should be handled by staff members - that's the whole point of it.
    If someone wants to help with reports, there is nothing stopping them applying for staff and joining the reports team.

People could help us by using /chatreport rather than sending in chat offences for reports.

Bruno and Darenn like this.
  8. ImJared

You can make them look at it more frequently not exactly everyday it makes it so they don't procrastinate their work because some if not all of them leave it off for like 2 or 3 days depending on the mute..

9. ImJared

Yeah, I agree there is roles that were already pushed out when Staff was created, being that helpers, help and Moderators, Moderate chat and other aspects that pertain to the community.. The admins deal with bugs and etc and owners you know own.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.