Dismiss Notice
To commemorate the launch of our Factions Reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Small change to UHC

Discussion in 'Minigame General Discussion' started by creeper7777777, May 24, 2020.

1. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hi everyone,
    This is just a very small thing to add to UHC, about the death of a teammate. Normally, whenever a teammate dies, it looks like all of the other death announcements, and if you're not reading chat, you won't know that your teammate has died until you check the tab list and see that they're not there. My suggestion is that, whenever a teammate dies in UHC, that their name be written in red in the message, to differentiate from the other death messages. If not this, then some kind of notification that is visible to the other teammates, for whenever a team member dies or has surpassed the amount of time that they have to relog. I agree that it is smart to periodically check the tab list, but if a player is too focused on the game to check chat, then they likely will not check the tab list either.

While this isn't a huge problem, not knowing that you're solo in a team game can affect gameplay, so this would just be a small thing to prevent that. Let me know what you think!

Whalezy, Mxats and Rev3rse like this.
  2. Simplistiq

Simplistiq
    Hey,

I like this idea. It is reasonable and sounds easy to do, I would like to be notified in a message that makes it clear they are dead, instead of checking tab to see the that they have been killed. I am in for this simple change. +1
    Hope to see you around! Have a nice day/night!

Thanks,

3. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    I think this is a great idea and will definitely improve the UHC gameplay experience. To take this suggestion one step further, another implementation could be similar to when you die in Murder Mayhem/Skywars, a large notification comes up on the screen in front of you during the game. If your teammate in UHC is killed, a notification could pop up saying something like "Your Teammate Died!" and in the smaller text underneath "Rev3rse died by suffocating" or something like that. This way, you get a very clear and defined message that your teammate is dead, as well as the additional details of which teammate died (ie: if in team of 3) and how so.

RaptorMission95 likes this.
  4. olo YT

olo_YT
    Hi there!
    While I dont actually play UHC, I can see what you are saying and how that would be very annoying to not know when your teammate has died. Since there are too many teams to do something like TSW or TCW, where you know your teammate has died based on the colour of the name in chat, I do like this idea of having the death of a teammate coloured as opposed to the other players who’s death notification is just grey. This feature could also be implemented if TSG is implemented again.
    Hope this helped
    - olo YT

5. abbzyy

abbzyy
    I think a lot of people playing UHC are in calls with their teammates, or are near them while playing. Most people, if not in a call, are communicating via /chat. Personally, I find no reason to add this. If you don't know that your teammate is about to die due to lack of communication skills, you probably are playing mostly solo anyways.

#5 abbzyy, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    forgranted likes this.
  6. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hey there!
    As abbzyy said, a lot of the time players are in a call during UHC, however when you don't find a teammate in time and are put with a random person who for whatever reason doesn't communicate etc, this would definitely come in handy. I think a better solution would be to add it to the side bar where it says time remaining, border etc.
    Something like:
    Teams: 3
    Teammates: Player 1, Player 2
    And then if they die, it gets crossed out. I think this is easier, since you regularly look at the time left and players left, or at least I do.
    +1 from me :)
    Thanks,
    Nikki

Rev3rse, FourNut and abbzyy like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.