small change to mm

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by fattr, Apr 7, 2021.

1. fattr

fattr
    hii! i have a small suggestion that could be made to murder mayhem that I think would make it slightly more enjoyable. when a round of mm first starts, two messages, which basically tell how to play, are sent into the chat closely after each other, and i, and other players, feel like they are pretty unneeded. mm isn't a unique game and is pretty self-explainatory, so the entire paragraph and a half telling the directions and objective just become a nuisance to most. they are especially annoying when in a party, because they cut off messages, and will sometimes glitch messages so that they only show up to the sender, and not the rest of the present players. I think that if it were to be shortened to only the objective or removed all-together would make a nice touch to mm. very minor, but it is bothersome and i would like to see something done about it, even if it is just shortened to one message like other minigames :)

#1 fattr, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    SplatBerry and sqncr like this.
  2. sqncr

stepcest
    I 100% agree with you. I, too, experience the frustration of having to see the same long message every single game. It's also somewhat inconvenient that, when in party, your messages have a chance of getting cut off upon the very start of the game. It makes one question whether the message actually went through and didn't just appear on the sender's screen. I'm not quite sure as to why the "how-to-play" murder mayhem message needs to be there. If you hover over the iron sword in lobby, like all the other minigames, it gives you a brief description on what it's all about. I guess I'm not seeing how it's exactly difficult for people to grasp a basic understanding of, quite frankly, the simplest game on the entire server. Thanks for making this thread, and hopefully we can see this change among others that benefit the community in the upcoming revamp.

fattr likes this.
  3. Minninq

Minninq
    Hey there,

In this case, I actually agree with your idea because the game isn't very hard to understand of course. However, the issue is I feel like in every other game they have a brief explaining of how to play the game when the game starts, so it would be weird change to just change it for this one minigame alone but I feel like a game as of Skywars or Capture the Flag definitely need explaining to some of the new players. So ultimately I would be -1 on adding this because changing it for this single minigame seems unreasonable to me have a wonderful day :).​

Yukihira, fattr and kuieren like this.
  4. sqncr

stepcest
    I do agree with you, and thanks for your kind and thoughtful reply. However, it would be nice to implement some small feature where chat doesn't get cut off all of a sudden like it does currently. Obviously, this isn't exactly the most urgent, but it would be nice having those messages go through and not have to worry about them not getting received by others players in party.

fattr likes this.
  5. Bob50

UglyKidBob
    hey,

To be honest, I do like this idea but im going to have to be -1 on this. Not everyone will be able to learn how to play right away I feel like its a must on every mini game. Other ways around this though after playing a decent amount of mm games through out some months you can pretty much just time or understand when the long message will pop up. So you can just not talk for the first 5/10 seconds when the game starts and then start normally typing in party chat like you usually do. Another thing is its not that hard to scroll up its going to take you like maybe 4 seconds and it wouldnt even cause any issues because the murderer doesnt get its sword until 10 seconds after the game starts anyway so you have plently of time. But yea I can see maybe a couple of benifts u maybe miss out on a single emerald because of it but its just not that important.

fattr likes this.
  6. CheeseBoi27

ItsCheeseBoii
    I understand on that but to be honest, no, not everyone knows how to play. I see a decent bit of people after a while that ask how to play. And well, they are rookie so I would understand if they dont know how to play. So to be honest, I do kinda disagree with this. No offense of course.

fattr likes this.
  7. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Instead of removing the starting message you receive in each minivans. They should implement a system which you are able to toggle these messages on or off. This way it allows the best of both worlds.

Thanks
    Incarnati0n_

89p, Yukihira, SplatBerry and 2 others like this.
  8. fattr

fattr
    like i said, it doesnt have to be removed completely, id like to see it at least shortened

9. bdqt

bdqt
    ibaddies.jpg

I agree on part of it but ive seen some new comers join and not know how to play...its there to teach but then again it takes up the chat history and i know how to use it, and most people dont even see it there just like eh, no one ever notices and no1 even reads it, its very pointless! But for the people who dont know how to play they read it once and never again! And not alot of new people play on here cuz the server is "kinda ded"!

10. fattr

fattr
    reading this gave me a seizure, but im not saying it has to be completely removed, id just like to see it at least shortened to one messege :)

bdqt likes this.
  11. bdqt

bdqt
    well next time ill type seizure warning, and yes it does need to be shortened!

fattr likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.