Skywars ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Matthew3v2, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Matthew3v2

Stumbled across this shell of a server recently. noticed the minigames were removed. wasn't this server labelled "No #1 Minigames server" at some point? anyways here is a video of me playing skywars (albeit horrendous quality. i think you can manually make it HD tho) back when it was still a thing

something something i also saw a recent forum post about how things were better ages ago. i side with that

2. Donaldcraft

Hi please bring only skywars back because it's very bad to play on the server

3. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hey Matthew!

MCC definitely used to be very popular with the minigames up until about 2020-2021. We decided to release a minigames revamp however the player count was quite low and the minigames practically were useless. The games never filled and it was super hard to get a game going, so we removed them from the server.

Along with minigames we removed Creative, Factions and Kit PvP as they all were very unpopular game modes. The reason for removing them was that we had to keep making changes (particularly facs and kit) so that the small amount of players would keep playing. Continually working on new seasons for inactive subservers took away the time and effort that could've been used on active ones like Skyblock, Prison and Survival.

Hope this makes sense :)

Nikki

4. Donaldcraft

Please just add skywars BACK!

5. foreverbadvibes

T0PFLOORB0SS
    Minigame revamp was HORRENDOUS and actively killed off what remained of the playerbase. MCC screwed up the revamp so badly that the end result was far worse than had they left minigames alone and not updated them at all.

Also, at the time of the revamp’s release, anyone who spoke negatively about the revamp was silenced and condemned by staff members and certain meatriding community members. Pretty ironic considering how the revamp ended up adversely affecting the playerbase to the point of extinction.

Nikki_ likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.