Skywars Parkour!

Discussion in 'Minigame General Discussion' started by Hxba, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:18 PM.

1. Hxba

Hxba
    Hi there! I wanted to bring some attention to Skywars today. I would love to see some parkour added to Skywars waiting lobbies ( Im not 100% sure what they are called ). Although most of the time the games don't take much time to start, I believe that this small addition could spice up the game. The parkour doesn't have to be as big as found in other minigames such as CTF, but in my opinion simply the presence of one would spice up the game a bit. Some might say this isn't as necessary but it isn't that difficult to add to the minigame, and again, it could definitely spice the game up a bit.

- Hxba [Immortal]

2. Goni

3. ImConcerned

ImConcerned
    Skywars lobbies had parkour a while ago but I think the lobbies are better now because you can see the map from the lobby and you have a nice view.

Games usually load very quick because of the mass amount of people that play skywars.

I like the idea of this being added but I honestly prefer running around an open glass space in the lobby rather than having parkour to do.

Lobby parkour gets extremely repetitive when you are playing hundreds of games per day and after a while you, along with a lot of other players will get bored of it.

These are just my opinions.
    Thanks for reading ;)
    Have a wonderful day! <3

Hxba likes this.
  4. _LeaveMeAlone_

_LeaveMeAlone_
    Games usually load very quickly so there really isn't a point in having parkour if it won't get used. As ImConcerned said, parkour can get very repetitive when you are playing many games a day. Also, there are more important things that could be added, changed, or removed on the server than adding a parkour to a lobby.

5. Sativa

Satlva
    I think a parkour in the Skywars lobby is not the greatest idea at the moment. I agree that it would be easy to make and acquire, but there are rumors that there is already a new minigame that is being made. I think they should use their efforts into something. Like said above, the games start very quick so I do not see any reason why a parkour would be necessary. There could be arguments to this though and it can go both ways. I like the idea and I like how you want to get more attention towards skywars. But I do not see the use in this and I do not think its necessary.

6. Hxba

Hxba
    Now, we can still have the view of the map below, and we could simply add the parkour as an extension.

7. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    #7 JustBeChill, Sep 13, 2019 at 1:28 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 3:56 PM
  8. BtwImQuestion

BtwImQuestion
    Hey There !

I think this would be a great idea however, as skywars games start so fast I don’t see the point in adding a parkour as you wouldn’t have the time to complete it before each game starts. It’s nice to see this suggestion though. Have a wonderful rest of your day !

9. JapanCrafter

JapanCrafter
    I agree that the skywars waiting lobbies are pretty boring. Even if you are only spending less than a minute in the lobby, it is still nice to have something to do even if the waiting time is short. That being said, I would rather have Alex spend time adding new maps to the existing minigames, rather than improve the waiting lobbies.

10. httpmeme

httpmeme
    Hiya!

I personally don't think Skywars lobbies need anything, I would be more interested in more perks for the players who have all the extra credit points that are stacking up and collecting dust - also I would like to see more maps added into the game since the average Skywars players have to play the same ol' maps. Another idea I'd think would be nice is being able to vote for Skywars since you can vote for maps in Survival Games, CTF and even Kitpvp you were able to vote for the maps, I just personally think there can be more to add on rather than add some parkour to the Skywars waiting Lobby, although if it were a thing I wouldn't be against it.

Have a lovely day/night!

11. Dayks

Dayks
    Sometimes it bothers me a lot when i have to wait 1-2 minutes for a game to start and all i can do is run around the lobby.
    I think adding a parkour wouldn't hurt anyone, on the opposite, it will make the wait not as boring as it is.

I don't mean a huge parkour, maybe 8-12 jumps that take 20 seconds to complete.

MarkitoXD likes this.
  12. Poclam

Poclam
    I like parkour wherever it can be added, I don't know how necessary this is but I'd still enjoy it :)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.