Skywars Loot Pool Modification

Discussion in 'Minigame General Discussion' started by iSloth, Mar 9, 2020.

1. iSloth

iSloth
    Hello, I want to suggest some much-needed changes to the spawn island loot pool. First off, I would like to see the disappearance of leather armor. Overall, it is way to weak and is basically as good as wearing no armor whatsoever.

Secondly, I think the weapons/tools need a revamp. Firstly, the Kit Miner and Kit Woodcutter should be removed and have the tools placed in your chest instead. There really isn't a point in having it as a kit, especially because it just fills up your hotbar.
    The main issue I want to address is swords. Why are there gold and stone swords? They are incredibly weak and only deal half as much as diamond, which you can also get from spawn chests. There are games when I get destroyed because I spawn with a gold sword and full leather because the guy next to me got 3/4 diamond and a diamond sword. It's really unfair and it's way to much rng for a skywars game.

These are just my thoughts, feel free to add or critique my suggestion in the replies. Have a wonderful day!

2. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey hey, iSloth!

I totally agree with you on this one. The loot pool in Skywars can seem very unbalanced. I too have come across situations where I would only have a stone sword and little protection from my weak armour, and be forced to fight a player in full diamond. I would always get more hits, but my stone sword would only be doing 0.5 hearts of damage per hit.

Leather armour also seems like a very illogical thing to have. Some players have to mine their ores on their island to get better armour. This completely erases the intentions of Skywars being a fast-paced gamemode.

Have a nice day! :)

Cocesco, Incarnati0n_ and mxbel like this.
  3. Bob50

Bob50
    Idk sloth I actually like spawning in with leather armor and stone swords it makes the game more competitive in my opinion like killing a full diamond with leather armor that makes you feel really good. As of gold swords I don't use them at all because the iron axe deals 1 damage more than the golden swords so I usually throw the golden sword out when I spawn it's the only thing in skywars I won't mind getting removed. As of kit miner and kit woodcutter It doesn't mess up my inventory at all because of how long I played I made a inventory which I can sort out everything in about 5 to 6 seconds. I'm almost certain someone made a forums thread that you can edit/fix ur inventory before the game starts which would probably be better than removing 2 kits almost everyone has used credits for already. Tbh instead of removing leather armor and golden swords mcc should add a mode like hypixel has named Insane skywars which only gives out diamond gear and iron gear this would probably get a lot of players annoyed with spawning in with bad gear in the skywars mcc has atm. In my opinion i think normal skywars and insane skywars would probably get the same amount of people playing it.

Incarnati0n_ and mxbel like this.
  4. Bequty_

Bequty_
    Hey! I slightly disagree with this post. Although I understand the frustration of spawning next to a 3/4 while only having leather and gold (its happened to me countless times), I think it is just part if the game. Skywars is based on more strategic thinking rather than most pvp mini games. This has to do largely with the factor being the void. Since the void can kill anyone instantly, in situations where you spawn with not so great gear it is important to be strategic and use other items such as the void, sometimes even tnt or arrows. Another thing is on every island there is a mine where you can mine diamonds and iron. As long as you know where the diamond spawns are, you can usually mine for better tools/gear within a decent amount of time. Also the chest spawns on middle or side islands are easily obtainable if you play your cards right. I do understand the frustration but I think that's what sets Skywars apart from other pvp mini games is the strategy that comes with it.

mxbel likes this.
  5. RaptorMission95

RaptorMission95
    Hey, ISloth I totally agree with you for the sky wars pool modification idea. The reason for this is because leather armor is just weak let's be honest. Especially upon players with chainmail, iron and diamond armor which is really difficult and it has a high chance of dying due to the lack of protection. The lowest quality of armor should be your island's chest should be chainmail armour. I think stone swords are fine but I do agree with you that they are weak but a least it is not a wooden sword. I also fighting a player that has better armor at the start is kind of unfair. Overall it is a +1 for me for the sky wars loot pool modification idea and have a good day or night.

iSloth and Incarnati0n_ like this.
  6. PoisonPotions

PoisonPotions
    This is controversial but I like it lol SkyWars players are bad and it makes the game more fun. In SkyWars, either u have a game filled with noobs or hackers, so this makes it more fun

iSloth and RaptorMission95 like this.
  7. AyeItsFudge

AyeItsFudge
    I like sometimes being given some bad gear. Makes you have to choose to go mid or to go to islands and mine for better supplies to get better gear. Also you choose what kits you buy whenever you purchased them. It is your fault that it fills up your hot bar because you bought those kits with your credits. Skywars is a very competitive game and keeps you watching your back. I have seen someone in really bad gear kill a guy that is fully enchanted just by strategy and smarts. So I therefore am going to have to disagree. Also if you do even spawn with a gold sword if you have the wood cutter kit then you can just use the axe and do more damage then the gold sword.

8. HowToFaction

HatedLove
    Hey Sloth.

As a Skywars player I gotta say I mostly disagree with your post. I don’t believe that leather gear should be remove at all or even golden/stone swords. The RNG of loot from a chest is just like any other game. Which is why Skywars on MCC is a lot more unquestionably unique than other servers and is also why I used to play it so much.

Second, I don’t think the tools should be put into the chest like you stated but instead they should implement “Customize Inventory” feature where you can move around the items in your inventory that you have purchased from the shop. This idea was taken from Bequty_ no credits taken.

Thank you for reading.

- Jen/HowToFaction

Attached Files:

EBallan and kuieren like this.
  9. seretinsky

seretinsky
    It’s skywars and I have to agree with what Bequty_ said. If this was survival games then I would understand about the op weapons but the fact that you’re on an island is a massive part of skywars. One well timed rod or snowball can give you an advantage over the most stacked player to Knock them off the edge. Also I think the woodcutter kit is good. As if you do get a gold sword. You can switch it for the iron axe for a better weapon. I think the fact that MCC has such a random loot pool is great for the server. And seeing as it has worked for the past however years, I don’t see a point in changing it now.

10. YouGetMeSoHigh

YouGetMeSoHigh
    Hi iSloth,

I don't know how I feel about the rest of your report, but I can say with definite certainty that I respectfully disagree with you on the kit woodcutter thing. One of the advantages of having the iron axe in your hotbar is, during those games that you get a gold or stone sword, you can use your iron axe as a weapon rather than your sword. The iron axe deals more damage than the golden sword, and (I believe) does the same damage as a stone sword, but has a higher chance for a critical hit. Not even to mention that you can use it to cut down trees, which can be helpful when crafting sticks for arrows, diamond sword, etc. (Obviously there's a lot more you can craft with wood than just sticks, that's just the main thing I use wood for in SW)

Also, if I'm being completely honest, I agree with most of the people above in that the random armor is a good thing rather than bad. I remember you used to be able to get diamond armor (besides helmets) in tier chests in SG, but they nerfed it so that donators couldn't get OP with full diamond armor. In a case like that, I might see the need to change the armor system, but I think the way SW has got it figured out is pretty good.

Have a great day!

#10 YouGetMeSoHigh, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.