Skywars Kill Efects

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by iSloth, Mar 19, 2020.

1. iSloth

iSloth
    Hello!
    I wanted to put forth a suggestion that I think could make skywars much more interesting! I will try to format the best I can so everyone can understand :).

What are kill effects? Kill effects would basically give a specific buff to a player when they kill an enemy.

I am going to list out some kill effects that should be added. I won't be naming them for the purposes of this thread, but if they were added it would be cool if they had nice names.

Speed - The player receives 15 seconds of speed 2 after killing another player.
    Resistance - The player receives resistance 1 for 10 seconds after killing another player.
    Regeneration - The player receives 5 seconds of regeneration 2 after killing another player.
    Sharpness - The player receives a level of sharpness (Power for bows) for every kill they get, stacking up to 3.
    Strength - The player receives 5 seconds of strength 1 after killing another player.
    Supply Kit - The player receives an enderpearl and a golden apple after killing another player.

These would most likely be bought with credits where you buy any other skywars perk. This would make janitoring much harder (because the current perks don't do enough in my opinion) although I could definitely see this set of kill effects being too powerful. Feel free to critique/add to my idea in the replies.
    Have a wonderful day!

CatBoyFable likes this.
  2. Scotian

Scotian
    Hey there iSloth,
    For one, I feel as though these effects are pretty similar to some of the perks you can already buy with credits. For instance, the regeneration could be compared to the perk where you gain 2 hearts after killing someone and strength could be compared to the double damage perk.

Additionally, one of the many reasons MCC skywars appeals to a lot of players is the vanilla style of PVP. If this were added, I feel as though skyways would feel too modded for a lot of players' likings, and it would take away from the classic feel we all have come to enjoy when it's paired with the existing perks.

Let me know what you think!

- Mike

iSloth likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.