(Skyblock) small Boss battle change.

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Elecctricc, May 1, 2020.

1. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Hey all! As the trend of talking about the possible upcoming Skyblock reset approaches I thought it would be useful to give my input on a small change I would make to the Boss battle fights that take place on the subserver.

To get started before I get into my visuals, I'll explain: I was playing a boss battle fight last night with @6hb and @Nikki_ when we came across a rather reoccuring problem with how difficult it is to actually spot the boss during the fight because every player surrounds the boss and when combined with jumping players and nametags, creates an incredibly difficult environment to actually carry out the boss fight in my opinion.

My suggestion: Add a nametag or a health bar over the boss to make the boss more distinctive and standout against the crowd of players. The outcome will be able to cater to players who haven't actually played the boss battle minigame within Skyblock yet - new players will have a motive to see the boss tag and go and fight them, rather than start fighting with players within the gamemode and causing unnecessary drama*
    *(Yes PVP is enabled for a reason however this very reason occured during my first playthrough of the boss battle minigame)

On the brightside, it would not be difficult to code such a healthbar or nametag above the boss and I am certain that there even current plugins that allow the naming of mobs.

These are just a representation of what I imagine and in no way reflect the final outcome of what *could* be added:)

2020-04-30_22.01.21.jpg

2020-04-30_22.04.14.jpg

2020-04-30_22.04.19.jpg

That's all! Let me know whether you agree or disagree with this change!
    - Elecctricc

Composures, 6hb and kuieren like this.
  2. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Hey!

I completely agree with this idea! All the player names can make it almost impossible to see where the boss is and it almost makes it a little bit unfair. A simple health bar or hologram above the boss would make it so much easier for players to see the boss.

Great suggestion +1 from me.

- 6hb (jake)

Composures and Elecctricc like this.
  3. Composures

Composures
    Hello Elecctricc,

Thank you for making a server suggestion for the upcoming SkyBlock Reset! I agree that adding a healthbar or a nametag for the boss would be a great idea! This would allow the players to see the boss in the Boss Battle, when the area becomes crowded by players as you had said. This would also allow players to be able to get more hits on the boss instead of accidentally hitting the other players. Some player join the Boss Battle just to PvP and do not mean to cause drama from that, but I understand where you are coming from. I would like to add that they should make a new Boss Battle Arena, as they could make the area wider and make it look a lot better!

I personally believe this is a wonderful suggestion and I am a +1 on the idea!

I hope you have a wonderful day or night! -Composures

Elecctricc likes this.
  4. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Thank you both for the positive feedback! Lovely to hear!:)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.