Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Skyblock should have a cash prize for #1 island!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superfight123, May 25, 2020.

1. Superfight123

Superfight123
    I know that most subserves have prizes for getting #1 whether it is prison, factions, uhc, or minigames. I feel like players would be more dedicated to skyblock if there was a prize if you are #1 other than just bragging right! I have heard this from many players and think it would be great if it was implemented!
    Let me know below what you think?!?!?

Have a Great Day!

2. Melodieee

Melodieee
    Hey there!
    I like this idea, I think that if there were to be a prize for #1, more players would attempt to try and grind harder and would make the skyblock community more competitive, alive, interesting, etc. For a while there's mainly been 3 islands going back and forth each season to achieve #1, It would make more players want to continue playing and therefore the skyblock community would possibly not die out within the first month or two.

3. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! Skyblock doesn't have a cash payout like factions does because, it simply doesn't take a large amount of skill to get island top. If you open lots of keys at the beginning of the season, and use that to make a huge spawner farm, you can make 60mil+ every 24 hours. If all of that is spent on diamond blocks, plus friends or island members to place all of them, anyone can easily rise to the top. Even though there are things like island top and the pvp arena, skyblock, in general, is not a competitive game, and I don't think it should be, since skyblock is a peaceful server. In a server like factions, for example, you can't just get spawners and reap the benefits, you have to build a base and defend them (although I don't actually play factions, so I don't know 100%). Factions has payouts because it takes true skill to be on the factions top. However, they could still add some kind of prize for the 1, 3, or 5 top islands of each season. There could be some place, either ingame or on the mcc website, that shows the winning islands of each season. If players could have their name written somewhere forever, they will certainly work harder for island top, and there will be more competition. I would say -1 for skyblock cash (or giftcard) payouts, but +1 for a past season leader board.

olo_YT likes this.
  4. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hi there!
    As an avid Skyblock player, I do agree with this, Kinda. Regarding what creeper said, Skyblock may not take insane amounts of skill, but it does still take grinding and teamwork, as well as some strategy. By this I mean even if you have tons of spawners, you still have to grind to get points and tokens. Choosing the right farms and how to set up your island and what upgrades to choose takes strategy.
    Its no secret that many smaller players benefit off of bigger players through profit shops, grinders, and item sell/buy shops. Having more motivation for the bigger players to be even bigger through a, even small MCC gift card prize would definitely improve how alive the community and player base is. My only problem with this is that a solo player with no keys, even if they grind 24 hours a day for 6 months will still stand no chance against large teams with 100+ ancient keys.
    The winners/ top 3 will probably be determined from who has the most ancient/mythical keys at the start of the season!

5. abbzyy

abbzyy
    Although payouts can sound like a good idea, the reason they aren’t a thing for skyblock is because it’s not supposed to be such a competitive subserver. The seasons are 6 months, so having competition for that long would completely change the dynamics of the subserver. Right now, factions is the only subserver with payouts, because competition is the main purpose. Adding payouts would ruin the somewhat friendly skyblock community, but I do think there should be a place to view previous islands that were #1.

6. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    I don't even play skyblock but I agree
    +1

7. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

Payouts are a good idea in my opinion! Even though it may not be the most competitive sub server! It still does have a grind factor! And you
    should get some sort of reward for grinding that long and hard! I like this idea, if factions have payouts only fair other sub servers get payouts! Seems fair, I love this idea since i only skyblock and I would grind more or try harder and I feel like other players would! +1

Thanks,

8. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    As @iluvhotmoms said, although it isn't much of a competitive sub-server there are still a handful of players who seek to become #1 Skyblock player. I always see such high levels in the 100K's and I always wondered how could one grind for that long! Adding a cash prize in Skyblock would increase the competitive factor in Skyblock, and it would bring a huge influx of players :D.

"If you work hard enough, your efforts will be rewarded" -FourNut (totally unique)

Have a nice day!

-FourNut

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.