Skyblock Season Anticipation

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Deleted member 29, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Hey everyone! As you all may know we are less than 24 hours away from the new season of Skyblock. With the official changelog released for the upcoming season what are you looking forward to? What are your overall goals/motives for this season? What do you think is going to be the new best crop?

puposaurus likes this.
  2. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Hey therenya!

I'm looking forward to the new island upgrade points so now it won't be so pay to win. My goal this season is to try to be top 100 in the islands. My prediction for best crop is going to have to be sugarcane! I got a good feeling about it!

I'm getting excited! See you tomorrownya!

Deleted member 29 likes this.
  3. kylebop

kylebop
    Heyo, as a Skyblock player myself with it being my main go-to sub-server, here are a few things to point out that I really do enjoy about this upcoming season.

1. Personally speaking on behalf of the staff team and regarding scamming/griefing, I believe the most helpful change for this season would be.
    "Only players that place spawners are able to mine them (this should fix scamming issues) island leaders can mine any spawner". Now I understand this is going to cause some issues in some cases, however overall it is going to help a lot. (Maybe if not already, it would be nice to have permissions regarding this to grant or deny certain members).

2. The economy was said to be revamped and I am really looking forward to leaning off spawners as we partially did in Season 8 and bleeding over into Season 9. It seems as Skyblock is going back to the early seasons where farming was really the big move, and the community was a little tighter and closer together.

3. Going along with #2 the fact regarding hoppers, "Hoppers are no longer able to be crafted (they can only be purchased from the shop now)" I feel this is going to help a lot regarding what I said above with spawners. It will simply make it a little harder to accumulate hoppers cheaply.

4. I don't know much regarding the "new island upgrade points" at the time being, however, I feel this is going to be a huge addition to this season and a lot of fun to have. I know a lot of people have been asking for new island upgrades and this is a great way to do that. I am really excited to see what can be upgraded and what this update has to offer.

5. I know during Season 8 a lot of blocks were removed from the /shop making it a lot harder to accumulate items needed for building. "we have removed blocks from the shop which can now be obtained at the generators." I am excited for the generators and the fact that this isn't like a creative sub-server anymore but bringing that survival skyblock feeling back.

I have a lot more opinions to add to the upcoming season 9 of Skyblock, however, I am going to keep this on the short side. I really hope these changes will bring that survival feeling to skyblock and have the community a little tighter as I had mentioned above. Hopefully, everyone has a great time this season and is as much excited as I am for tomorrow to come around.

Have a great rest of your day!

Kylebop -- MCC Senior Moderator

4. Draecotic

Draecotic
    Hey there!

I'm personally a fan of the new spawner rule. This is gonna help with preventing griefing a lot, and this is definitely a good addition in the upcoming season.

The island upgrade points is also gonna be a huge improvement in the new season. Granted I don't know much about the new upgrade points nor how they are gonna be obtained, but I'm excited to see what they're gonna be and how they're gonna be used.

A new huge improvement being brought back to the new season is the ability to buy hoppers instead of crafting them. Crafting them was a huge hassle and time consuming. This will make the process much easier.

I'm not sure about any other additions to the new season but it will be exciting to discover them as we play through the season.

Take care!

Deleted member 29 and kylebop like this.
  5. JonesSniper

JonesSniper
    My goal is actually playing skyblock and not quitting :D Sadly I don’t have anyone to join ;/ so idk if I am staying long.

Have a wonderful week

~Jones

Deleted member 29 likes this.
  6. I agree with the new spawner rule, I like how now this makes inviting people to your island more of a positive than a negative. I feel like one reason why you cannot trust people on your island later in the season, especially as a bigger island with spawners and such, it gets really hard to trust players not knowing if they would take those spawners or not. With this new rule, this makes it so there will be less griefing, scamming and a much less hostile environment.

Hey Kyle! I like how on point #5 you talked about having more of a survival feel. One thing I greatly enjoy with the new season change is the fact that the generators will bring much more of a survival-based feel like skyblock, something I have been hoping for. Thid was the same thing when ti came to the Survival reset, once they got rid of a lot of things that made it just not feel like the survival we all know and love *cough* /fly *cough* it was much more enjoyable for me as a person because I felt more inclined to explore my surroundings and collect resources rather than using /fly to go out 4000 or so blocks not paying to mind all the terrain that I am skipping out on.

Here are some of the things that I personally like and am going to enjoy for the season:

1. A big thing with being a rookie is the lack of perks that you would have as a donator, one thing I saw as an active skyblock player was Rookies would break spawners not knowing that they were not to, "Rookies will now receive a warning in chat if they attempt to break a spawner, informing them that it will not drop". This is going to lead to a lot less of hearing about a Rookie who accidentally broke their spawner not knowing any better.

2. "Stone generators have been removed from the spawn, and has been replaced with a brand new "/warp generators"" This is another ting I am glad to see as I thought having the cobble generators at spawn was kind of ugly and I am glad to see that they are implementing a new warp to have everything in one place.

With the reset a few hours away I am hoping to see all these changes up close and I am looking forward to seeing all of you there!

puposaurus likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.