Skyblock Reset Feedback Season 11

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Unadvised, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Unadvised

Unadvised
    What are everyone's thoughts on this reset? How does everyone like the new content? Is there anything needing changing?
    If you missed it, read the change log here.

2. yesnice

Mohummad
    boss battle still trash, take it out of pvp

3. PainfulStrafes_

PainfulStrafes
    Add a gapple cooldown of 5 minutes, you can fucking fix all in combat now, fights are gonna last fucking hours. I beg you to add a gapple cooldown.

4. Icyful

Icyful
    sucks lmfao

5. SweatyDreamer

SweatyDreamer
    Everything is going smoothly atm. Kindof surprised that the eco is the exact same as last season, but no complaints about that. The only thing is pvp is kindof bugged because you can /fix all in combat and there is no egap timer. This allows people to run in pvp with 1 set of armor and stacks and stacks of egaps without dying. They should either make pvp the same as last season with fix all disabled in combat or make a gap timer for egaps and change the pvp on skyblock to pot pvp.

Candids and 8ooties like this.
  6. AlexMarkey

Fix commands in combat is not intentional - This will be fixed with daily reboot in few hours!

8ooties likes this.
  7. aDuq

aDuq
    While this is my first Skyblock season (I'm a survival and prison player), I'm actually enjoying it. The only thing I think I've notice is that the chunk loaders don't produce as many drops from spawners as a person would being at the island, is this intentional or no?

Wordcross1 and 8ooties like this.
  8. 2Bmistaken

go back to cheap spawners

9. Candids

Candids
    Hi everyone,

So far, this season has been off to a great start. There have not been any significant crashes such as that of last season with magma cubes. I also really enjoy the new additions to the island customization as it does allow players to expand the possibilities of things to do from the island.

However, with all the new additions, the auto sell feature should be altered. The main issue with the autosell feature is how it does not guarantee a complete auto sell even when it is at its maxed level. This is a massive issue as it becomes a huge inconvenience to both competitive and noncompetitive islands, significantly affecting gameplay quality.

When people think of harvest hoes, it is most appreciated for their efficacy in producing monetary value through its auto sell feature, double drops, and treasure hunter. When auto sell mechanics works through chance, it dramatically affects a harvest hoe's value as it clogs player's inventories. As a result, it devalues the treasure hunter's role as players will be continually forced to sell more often. So it doesn't make sense to have an autosell feature that doesn't autosell everything and have the treasure hunter feature at the same time clog player's inventory. This creates an unpleasant experience for all players as it becomes to labor intesive.

In addition, I believe the point of having an auto sell system, such as the current one, is to prevent players from farming in multiple instances.
    Unlike prior seasons, players could run as many instances as they like to farm. As a result, this allowed players with more alternate accounts to reap massive profits, creating an inequality in the game. However, with this new season, because there is a plugin that only allows two accounts per IP address to farm, there is no reason to put in this new auto sell feature.

Furthermore, this encourages people to use sell macros. As a server, this a huge issues as players have macros that can be easily implemented through clients such as lunar client and software such as razer synpase. As a server there is no reason for an autosell feature that just takes away from the gameplay of skyblock and encourages players to seek a way around it through macros and scripts.

So you may be asking what the solution is. Well, allow players to upgrade their harvest hoes to a 100% chance auto sell. I like the current mechanics of it currently, as it allows for more upgrading which is essential to skyblock. It just needs the ability to have a 100% rate of autoselling. So what it would look like is:

Level 1=10%
    Level 2=20%
    Level 3=30%
    Level 4=40%
    Level 5=50%
    Level 6=60%
    Level 7=70%
    Level 8=80%
    Level 9=90%
    Level 10=100%

In essence, the new auto sell feature takes away from players gameplay. The features even interfere with the other benefits of the harvest hoes such as that of treasure hunter. Lastly, this feature also encourages players to use macros and scripts.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Please like this and feel free to comment new as this needs to be changed for this season!

#9 Candids, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  10. Xzibits

11. bmdz

I Agree with what Candids is saying tbh

Wordcross1 likes this.
  12. BabyJuice

BabyJuice
    I agree with candids ^^ auto sell shouldn't be like a percentage because this will result in other players being encouraged to use /sell all macro, might as well make auto sell 100% before half of the server gets banned for sell all macro, resulting in a dead realm.

13. PainfulStrafes_

PainfulStrafes
    Half the server is using sell all macros lmfao

Wordcross1 likes this.
  14. Jazmiin

Jazmiin
    this neeeeeds to be changed!! its so bad without 100% autosell

8ooties likes this.
  15. BabyJuice

BabyJuice
    yeah that's why there should be 100% auto sell

16. Epicy

Please change it, I agree with what Candids said...It needs to be done.

17. 8ooties

yes candids good joB yee yee

18. HorsePoo

HorsePoo
    Agreed with candids... it just defeats the whole purpose of it being auto.

19. AznDumpling

I Agree with what Candids is saying, I think it needs to be done asap!

20. notaspleen

notaspleen
    I have not explored the new island customizable items very in-depth, but what from I’ve seen so far I like them. The tags are a cool feature which also lets players know at a glance who is on the same team, and the island music makes harvesting nether wart with island mates a real party. I’m really excited to see what players do with mob statues and new island settings to add a personal flair to their island aesthetics as the season progresses.

As for the economy, I don’t have much to add here; it’s the same as last season, and I liked last season’s economy. The new cap on accounts farming at once is a welcomed change for me, it will force us to grind on our own as intended.

Getting to the new autosell upgrade mechanic, I agree in part with Candids, but I also understand why the change was made. Last season (correct me if I’m wrong) it cost 1 or 2 upgrade points to automatically sell crops. To me this seems too easy, once it was upgraded that was it, you had the complete benefit. Having to grind to make the ultimate harvest hoe seems like a good change and more in the spirit of the grind. Where I agree with Candids and think it could be improved is that it should be upgradeable up to 100%. I don’t know how this would affect the leveling of other upgrades, but perhaps after 60% or something each subsequent upgrade gains an upgrade point required, so that by the end you can still max out with complete effectiveness, but doing so is pretty challenging. This solution would pair the spirit of “the grind” while still allowing players to feel like all the leveling up they had to do was completely worth it.

Sonatas likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.