Skyblock - Replace XP and other useless rewards with blocks as a common voting key reward

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Syn, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Syn

Syn

Syntaxvgm
    With mobs producing tokens, and tokens being easier in general to get- here's an audit of voting rewards-
    -4 tokens (always) not worth the time to vote.
    -3 bonus tokens (rare) - not worth it.
    -sell wands- of course, everyone wants these. (Move to slightly less rare maybe?)
    -epic rewards- good enough, but never happen enough to factor in
    - 1 or 2 diamond blocks- yay 5 island levels.
    - currency- so small it's not even worth the effort of voting
    - xp- not worth either. Now a lot of players spend time grinding mobs for tokens, and the bottled xp is already coming around cheap (in quantities larger than you'd ever get voting) , and the amounts offered by voting are gotten in less than the time it takes to vote. Also, since the messages doesn't tell you what you got, a lot of players think the new /key gives them nothing when they get XP.

Here's how I, personally, would give enough of a shit to vote..
    Replace XP, or all "common" rewards with random blocks (that are normally in paid generators). A stack each reward. Value wise, not worth much, but help you get a respectable collection of random blocks you may need. It would also introduce more blocks for people to sell me when I spam them with buy ads.

Example common voting key rewards with change
    -64 clay (used to be cheapest block, now hard to get in quantity)
    -64 random single color of stained hardened clay
    -256 cobble (stuff in free gens should be higher quantity)
    -32 sea lanterns
    -64 glowstone
    -64 nether brick
    -128 netherrack
    -64 or 128 sandstone/red sandstone

A vanilla 1.14 survival server (and I mean really vanilla, hand built spawn) has a system kinda like this, random blocks mostly, but ones that are kind of a pain in the *** to get like terracotta, and I've grown to really like it. I think that since we've for some reason made skyblock harder to get blocks than vanilla this would be a great encouragement to vote. Seriously the only block thats faster than vanilla here is sea blocks, kinda.

Basically, I'm saying remove
    -250$ currency (common)
    -500$ currency (common)
    -750$ currency (rare)
    -1000$ currency (rare)
    -2500$ currency (legendary)
    -25xp (common)
    -50xp (common)
    -75xp (rare)
    -100xp (rare)
    -500xp (rare)
    -1x diamond block (rare)
    -2x diamond block (rare)
    -3x skyblock tokens (rare)

and replace whatever chance that you would have gotten any of these with a random block roll giving a stack or more of odd blocks.
    Cobble last season taught me it takes about 5-10 people selling to me to keep up with 1 or two random people that needed a bunch of stone. This would allow players to open a few days of vote keys and dump them in a shop, helping slightly.
    Those that choose to save voting keys for a reset would have a variety of starting blocks, if the current gen system stays

#1 Syn, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.