SkyBlock Payouts?

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by JonesSniper, Sep 27, 2019.

?

Should there be payouts

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. JonesSniper

JonesSniper
    Hello! I have been playing skyblock for a bit now and I have seen no one is getting PayPal or buycraft for the next maps. On factions the top 3 wins irl cash including $2,500 and some buycraft. I believe skyblock should start off doing payouts it would drag more players in from other servers. Do you think there should be a Payout? Vote on poll above

~Jones

2. Poclam

Poclam
    I'm pretty sure no current skyblock players would complain if this were added. I've seen other servers with payouts for skyblock and I'm not sure what downside there would be to adding it. That being said, the server has always only had factions with a payout and I don't see skyblock being the first server they add it to if they ever add it to a new server. Even if the payouts weren't as large as the faction ones I think it'd be nice to have something small for the other servers too, a little something to grind for besides just hitting top island and then doing it again next reset.

Advolton and JonesSniper like this.
  3. PumahKITPVP

somewhatchillguy
    I think this would be a bad idea, as Skyblock isn’t supposed to have the same level of competition as factions

4. TurtleSoup123

TurtleSoup123
    Hewo!

Well I kind of see what you mean but in all honesty factions is WAY more competitive as mentioned above. It might bring competitiveness to skyblock and I don’t know if the staff want that... Although it’s not a bad idea though. I could definitely see a little bit of money and buy craft come into play next season but for now it is how it is. For me I’m a +1/2 because I like the idea but I don’t know if the staff will.
    Thanks as always and have a wonderful rest of your day/night!!

-TurtleSoup

5. Dayks

Dayks
    Hey!

I agree with you! There are many people that dedicate a lot of their time to build their island and even spend some money buying keys and doing IRL deals with other players to get In-game money, so I don't see a reason not to add payouts to skyblock!
    Payout will be a great addition to skyblock, since there isn't a reward for having the top 1 island in the server.

10/10!

- Dayks

6. Advolton

Advolton
    I totally agree with everything you have Stated here bud, I mean, I hated the first time I grinded and grinded to make an amazing island just to have it re-set to basic and have nothing to show for it besides a few screenshots. I don't necessarily agree with Payments being made for BuyCraft or Digital money, however, that being said, something such as having your name on the most memorable islands with a statue of your player, or being given some credits, a few 10 levels or just something to show gratitude would be good.

So I do agree with this, +1.

7. Minninq

Minninq
    My problem with this is that honestly Skyblock isn't that competitive from what I have seen once someone is first it stays that way there is no way to completely downsize a island instantly like there is in factions.

8. Advolton

Advolton
    True, however like on any-other Server, Skyblock takes just as much time, grinding, money and resources to get your island to become the best over-time, then to keep it their requires a lot more of the above, and maintenance, active game-play, and commitment.
    So I do still agree, I think something should be added onto all Servers like Factions, Skyblock, Prison, eg. That allows the highest rated Players/Islands/eg. to receive a Reward. I'm not saying this has to be money, but anything just to show appreciation for the time and dedication before It's all swept from under their feet for a re-set.

9. Poclam

Poclam
    I'd actually like to add on to my previous comment and say that a paypal reward isn't even necessary but that just having a small buycraft reward would make a real impact on the point of grinding for a top island during the season. I think the players who put in the effort to grind to top island should receive something for it even a buycraft reward would suffice.

10. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    I don't really like the idea of a payout being added.

Factions is a very technical gamemode that requires loads of knowledge about the game, and first hand experience. Factions need people rotating, constantly farming for weeks, and requires most members to know how to do things such as PvP well, patch, and help raid. Factions have the ability to find other peoples' base and raid them, which is something Skyblock doesn't have at all.

Skyblock is much more relaxed and laid back. I don't think that adding a PayPal reward would be fitting because the winning island (9 out of 10 times) is simply the island the grinds the hardest in the first month or two, and consistently plays until the end. There's not many factors that set out certain skyblock players from others, unlike factions where you have players who can cannon, design bases, patch, etc. Skyblock is all about farming, which is about 90% work and 10% skill (how you do it, what you use, how efficient you can do it), and designing grinders to maximize drops.

Skyblock simply can't be competitive enough to reward a PayPal/Buycraft deal at the end of the season, so I don't think it's a good idea to be added. Maybe something such as a "Hall of Fame" or some sort for the next season that showcases the top island team+level of the previous season, but as somebody who has played Skyblock for almost 3 years and consistently got top island for multiple seasons, I don't think that this would be a good idea.

11. Poclam

Poclam
    The top factions after the first week also usually are the top factions by the end of the map because they have the most keys and the most people farming sugarcane, its the same for skyblock. The best skyblock players, the ones who get the most levels each season, accomplish it by adapting to the new seasons economy changes and finding the most efficient ways to produce island levels. Sure it takes a lot of grinding time but thats how every mode works for the most part, that shouldn't exclude it from having a payout. I agree that paypal might not be the right direction and I find it hard to expect the server to just start giving out money for skyblock out of the blue but I think a buycraft reward is very possible at no extra cost to the server. Also to your point about skyblock not being as competitive as factions, it may not be to everyone but I'm sure a lot of people do see the competitiveness in trying to be #1 on the island leaderboard and a lot of players would like to make the server feel more competitive. Adding a reward would accomplish that.

12. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Personally, I believe that a small payout (probably monthly) should be given to top islands but not as much thats given in factions. There is indeed competitiveness to Skyblock that is eery similar to factions. Yes, in factions you can raid others and drop them off /ftop, but how you even get to that stage is with hard work and weeks of grinding to get there. it will also give players a bigger sense of accomplishment to have even more top islands in future seasons of Skyblock

Thanks, Olli

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.