[Skyblock] Island Bank Interest

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by FPST373R, Jul 4, 2020.

1. FPST373R

FPST373R
    Allow for the /island bank to accumulate interest every so often. This promotes trust and creates a better environment in the island. It also serves as an incentive to deposit money into the bank, rather than "keeping it as cash". Currently, the island bank only really serves one point, to share money offline. With an interest-accumulating bank, players would be more likely to deposit freely, earning money while they are at it.

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! I like this idea, as currently the island bank is just storage, and a place to put money for other island teammates to use. There is currently no incentive to add money to the island bank, and people can just /withdraw money. If there was interest, the island bank would have a purpose. I don't think that the interest rate should be high, though. Just a small amount, based off of how much money is kept in the island bank (like real interest). Keep in mind that, there are numerous ways money is generated (farming, spawners, etc), although not a lot of ways it's removed, though. Really, the only thing that directly takes money out of the economy is the tax on coinflips. Because of that, maybe the interest rate could change per-island, based on the island stats. For example, the amount of members could affect it. With less island members, the rate could be more, to help solo islands, and with more team members the rate would be lower. The rate could also be implemented so it rewards for other things, like a large amount of envoy chests opened or boss fights won. Overall, +1.

3. forgranted

inhabited
    I think this is a great idea, +1. I personally do not use my island bank at all because I see absolutely no reason in doing so. I believe if this were to be added, that the interest should be an extremely small amount(perhaps $100 a day) as this idea could become very overpowered. Great idea :)

4. FPST373R

FPST373R
    Yea, any interest that would be given would be relatively small. But just an added incentive to actually use it. It obviously shouldn't be a passive income, just like in real life, it should be like finding extra change in your pocket in the laundry.

5. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    I don't feel that this is something that should be added. First off, players that already have copious amounts of money will just be able to continue multiplying their balance, further widening the gap between users and islands. There's virtually no way to prevent compounding interest, where players earn interest on their interest, which means that after depositing a huge sum of money, a player can simply just let the balance increase exponentially.

The point of the island bank is to easily share funds between the different island members. Not every island uses this and some groups choose to keep their balances individual, but that doesn't mean that there's suddenly a need for a new feature in the island bank just to make it "more useful." It's a point of personal preference whether an island utilizes this tool or not. For example, on my island, every member farms on their own time but deposits all of the money as only the island leader/a few other members control the growth & development of the island (things like purchasing new spawners, high valued blocks, etc). This structure works for us and therefore the island bank is extremely helpful. However, that doesn't mean that every island needs to use a system like this, which is completely fine - simply don't employ the feature.

AlexMarkey likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.