Skeleton Farm Designing

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by ChimkenWings, May 17, 2020.

1. ChimkenWings

Hi! As I am preparing my building ideas for Season 10, I wanted to design an automatic skeleton farm for my island. Since I joined very late this season, I was never able to make a proper skeleton farm. How far does the wall have to be from the spawner so that the mobs don't spawn outside the farm? Does this distance work the same for every other mob spawner?

Thanks,
    RyanC64

2. Airpxds

TropikalResort
    Hey!

In my grinder I have 5 blocks between the spawners and the walls just to be safe. But I believe the minimum is 3 blocks for them not to spawn outside.

Have A Good Day/Night!

Simplistiq likes this.
  3. forgranted

inhabited
    Hey there!
    As said above, there is a minimum of at least 3 blocks of space so the spawner will not spawn outside the enclosure! Typically. I like to do 5 or 6 just to be safe and ensure everything is smooth! This works for all mobs! (Sidenote: Always make sure you cave spider spawners are quite a good amount of blocks away from a ceiling or you could have a tough time killing them for drops!)
    Best of luck to you after reset!

Airpxds likes this.
  4. ChimkenWings

Thank you guys for answering!

I have another question: Does the light level matter for skeleton/all spawners? If so, what light level is needed for skeletons?

Thanks,
    RyanC64

5. Airpxds

TropikalResort
    I'm not sure if they require light or not, but what I always do is at the roof put a glowstone block, then put all your spawners in a line downwards.

6. Conscience

Conscience
    Hey Ryan!

The most efficient way to make a skeleton farm (in my opinion) is to create a chamber, spawners placed in the center, a block apart, with water at the bottom flowing into a hole. At the bottom, a fence post with lava placed above will cause the skeletons to jump, therefore killing them. The drops can be then sorted into hoppers through the use of water streams. Light has no impact on the effectiveness of spawners, so feel free to use glass and other transparent blocks!

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lxyne likes this.
  7. Superfight123

Superfight123
    Hey RyanC64, I can help you make an auto skeleton farmer! I always use droppers because to me, they are much easier.

Have a Great Day!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.