Should the staff list be unseen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akhu, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akhu

On certain occasions i saw that when hackers where on at the same time staff was on the hackers left because they knew they were staff, i am just asking for would it be more suitable to disguise the staff team, if any member wanted help they would get it through a system where the members problem is identified and this problem is advertised to the right staff for the suitable staff to come on. So all the staff promotions and staff in the mcc discord and even their names should be set to default disguise, this way hackers wont log off when they see a staff member. Even on the website it should be gone.

#1 Akhu, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. sadbaby

sadbaby
    Hello,

I don’t really agree with this idea, i don’t think it would stop hackers from logging when they see staff or from hacking in general.

Staff members need to show up with a tag in the website, discord and in-game to be able to help out whenever a player needs help, that’s their job and this would make it a lot more complicated.

Regarding to the promotions part, where you say it should be set to “default disguise”, I think it would ruin the magic of promotions and wouldn’t make sense to do them anymore. But this is just my opinion.

MasterChheda likes this.
  3. Yeho

Yehooo
    I completely disagree. If staff need to, for some reason, hide themselves, they already have commands that let them look as they are not in the server, and even rename their name. This is not needed at all, and will cause a great deal of confusion.

In addition, many hackers don't even check. Even if they do, one a staff leaves, one cannot be sure another staff isn't hidden.

Disguising the names in the promotions is equally useless. It's just takes out the whole "fun part".

4. SilentWhispers

SilentWhispers
    Hello!

Having been Mod+ for a couple months, I have to say that I agree with you. I personally don't like how I stand out like a red apple in a basket of green ones as soon as you hit tab. If Im in /sm or /vanish, it saves me a bit, but in minigames where its not available, I get noticed quite quickly. More often from friends calling me out rather than hackers taking note of my rank.

In most scenarios, the hacker will only be focused on ingame events. So the chances that they know who I am from looking up the staff list is really low. I dont think hiding all traces of staff are a good idea. Like sadbaby said, there would be no enjoyment in achieving the rank.

My alternative is to bring back /nick. Theres a lot to work on before that can come into play, but with a few tweaks, new guidelines to prevent abuse and a bit of effort, it can be done.

Those are just my thoughts, happy to see what you have to say :)

puposaurus and sadbaby like this.
  5. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Along with this I feel like mods should be allowed to spectate gamemodes if they typed like /spec (name) . I honestly have no idea how hard that would be to implement but it seems like a great thing to add especially now with all the issues. I also think staff should look into getting alt accounts that are capable of dealing punishments because they are too known and visible to be able to to catch anyone in the act. Mods stand out way too much to even be useful in game right now.

6. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    Hey!
    There is an /sm (staffmode) for helpers and /vanish for moderators.
    Which lets them spec players.
    I don't see the need for Alex to put another command to accomplish what these do already.
    -N3UR0T0X1N​

7. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    i was told they arent able to spectate game such as skywars and ctf where majority of the hackers are playing at. So if thats true then they still need a command to let them actually spectate players games

8. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    Staff can't spec in these gamemodes.
    However, if they suicide in game, they can use the built in spectator feature, that is there by default.
    I have seen staff use that method, and it works. They won't add a spec option because staff can't join minigames mid-game anyway
    -N3UR0T0X1N​

9. ItzYaser

ItzYaser
    The pure answer is YES! This is due to hackers not knowing that there are staff watching them. This results for staff to catch cheaters red handed and ban the off the server making it a more fun and exciting server as it is for everyone to play fairly and honestly! However you can see staff in tabs in games such as prison, survival and skyblock. However not always in minigames. If you are interested and want to discuss more about this topic please DM me ItzYaser#2864
    Good Day!

Akhu and MicroSquid like this.
  10. Departition_

If you play games like SG or CTF it’s a bit more complicated to spectate, in CTF you can’t even spectate at all because you have unlimited lives and for SG you actually need someone to kill you for spectate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.