Should Spawners Come back?

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by _Vesperal_, Jan 21, 2020.

1. _Vesperal_

_Vesperal_
    Hey! :D

I was curious to think of community, about bringing back spawner's to the game.

How people would feel about it, Whether it should or shouldn't and why? :>

Thanks Love you all! :D <3

2. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hello!

Well Survival sounds pretty good without spawners, its simple, just like vanilla survival though the economy on Survival has been a lot worse on Survival this season as you cannot buy anything from /shop anymore (apart from heads I guess) I can no doubt say Survival was much better when there were spawners though I think there should be another possible way to have the economy work without spawners. Spawners sort of ruin the Survival feel. I am personally a -1 I guess to bringing back spawners.

Have a Good One :D
    ___Sean___

3. AZXG

AZXG
    Hi _Vesperal_,

Thank you for bringing up the discussion, and my short answer is:
    No.

Spawners shouldn't be added back, and they shouldn't have been introduced to Survival in the past.
    Survival 7.0 feels a lot more like survival because of the removal of spawners and the ability to fly in the resources world.

Survival is a game mode that is
    closest to the vanilla Minecraft Survival. Unlike Skyblock, Prison, or Factions which are moded to a relatively large extent so that different goals are introduced and the gameplays become rather different, Survival is unique because of how simple it is and how much freedom it provides. From this perspective, things like spawners or the ability to fly in the resources worlds should not be added because they will change the gameplay too much. At the same time, there are already three large subservers where spawners are the best ways to make money and the "ultimate goals" are, or can be obtained by, setting up larger and larger spawner farms. Survival doesn't need to join them, and will not benefit from doing so because it will make Survival more like "a combination of Prison and Skyblock".

I agree with Sean that
    the economy this season is not the best. The key issue here is /shop doesn't sell anything, but it buys items that can be produced in large quantities in an unlimited amount. I suggested a fix at the beginning of the season and /headshop was added so there are heads available for purchasing, which provides a way to reduce the total amount of money in the economy. It helped to some extent and brought new possibilities for nicer builds, but it isn't enough to solve the issue with the economy. One of the reasons is the lack of motivation to buy heads because the heads are purely for decoration purposes and they aren't needed in large quantities in most builds. Another reason is that there's a limit on the number of heads a plot can have, and the price for heads is relatively low.

Another thing that's missing this season is the
    motivation to spend hours and hours working on something. I see less active shops this season, fewer people farming or mining for a long time, and fewer people selling items on the Auction House. All of these made the server quieter. The only increased activity I can possibly think of is probably fishing, and here's another issue: Fishing is not well-balanced this season. It is too profitable for the amount of effort put in compared to the other ways of money-making, and this is making the economy even worse. (I know this might sound bad, but fishing can possibly be even more profitable than x-ray mining if the ores are sold to /shop and the user doesn't have a very good pickaxe). I mentioned before that the motivation for money-making is reduced this season because there aren't enough items to buy, but even for those who want to make money, the best way seems to be simply fishing all the time. Fishing doesn't produce many items other players will potentially need, except for some enchanted items, which results in fewer trades as well. This is also not good for player-owned shops in general because people can make more money fishing than opening a shop and collecting resources to sell in most cases.

The issue with the economy is not that simple and I have a lot more to say about it, but since the question posted here is not on the economy I'll conclude it here.
    This season benefits from the removal of spawners, and they should not be added back.

babynoots, puposaurus and iiSean like this.
  4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey hey vesp! i think az says it p well in his lovely post but just for another answer, i am also a big no. as i am a player since season 1 and when they added economy in season3 i began to drift away from survival more and go back to prison back in 2017-ish time. it was until this recent season reset that i really came back for it as a "mained" subserves i play on now because I feel that the compromise of season3 and beyond and some of the "og" times put together and blah blah.

anyways, I feel that spawners really shouldn't be added since it made survival feel less like survival, and was being compared to skyblock and prison in ways where it was called "similar" and whatnots. I feel that survival should most definitely have "its own FLARE" which kinda makes it unique to the other subservers.. like for this season, we have 1.12 and it isn't creative. anyways. that's kinda off track too :// - when spawners were in survival, they def did have an afk aspect and/or where players didn't work n' they just grinned off that.
    as sean and az have already mentioned about the economy, it's kinda still a problem and some players aren't really putting lots of work and effort into 'em. As already mentioned as well, "/shop" tends to pay kinda a lot wish when it comes to crops n' such since almost every survival player (i'd say baltop 1-10) has a harvest hoe, making crops n' money p easy. another flaw I feel that's in the economy is the quests, they're amazing, but some are too easy especially for the reward/prize that's given.. with the economy being so high, it kinda reminds me of decreased version of prison when it comes to selling kits n' such.. anyways. i think a possible partial fix is to decrease *clap* quest *clap* rewards *clap* please <3

that kinda got off track too :// anyways back to spawners again... spawners made survival poo, removing 'em was amaze balls for survival, but not so much the economy. I feel that there def could be more ways to improve the economy but, like, eh kinda a lot of work unless someone creates a post ;) and and bringing spawners back i feel could just be a mess in a way. since the removal and season7 reset, i've really only noticed posts about removing fly not so much spawners, so maybe it's not that bad of an issue, and it's aight that they gone...

overall, i'm no and sorry for kinda going off track in this reply uwu

have a great day vesp! <3

iiSean likes this.
  5. Arianita

Arianita
    yeah cause spawners can be useful

6. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hey,

I don't feel spawners should be added back to survival because they take away the whole aspect of "survival" if all people do is spend money on spawners then afk them.
    Sorry but im a -1 on this.

Thanks, Olli

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.