Serverwide "vote party" plugin

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Elecctricc, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Good morning, afternoon or evening to you lovely humans!
    Today I want to talk about a possible plugin addition to the server - vote party.

For those those that aren't familiar; vote party is a system that counts the amount of votes and upon reaching a certain set threshold(number) a "vote party" will start, giving the players ONLINE AT THE TIME extra keys (determined by staff, likely 1-2) to open extra vote crate.

Now the addition of this plugin would skyrocket the overall votes for the server and as you and I know, servers thrive off votes, it boosts their numbers exposing them to more players looking for a new server to join. Voting numbers would jump at time when a vote party is about to start and players realize that they need those extra few votes so they can get that extra chance to get money or other things from a vote crate ontop of the key's they have just received.

It is inevitable that people will attempt to AFK overnight. To combat this a AFK timer could be in place detecting that the player hasn't moved and therefore is no longer eligible for the vote party award, or simply kicking them to lobby. People will farm these on all different sub-servers and to combat the possible inflation of currencies we could either reduce the amount gained from a vote crate or make a new crate made for this plugin entirely.

I would think about making keys a physical object in the game, or at least something that can be traded to a player for items/currency as it opens more opportunities for player-based markets and a new currency to be thought about from the increase in vote key numbers.

For those visual learners! Fear not! I have created a graph to represent the increase of votes from the addition of this plugin! Behold:

Untitled-1.jpg

In all seriousness, thank you for reading! Let me know your thoughts/opinions on the topic or rather why you think this could be beneficial/disadvantageous to the network!
    - Elecctricc

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.