(Server Reset) When Clicking on NPC, Show a "Server Down for Reset" Message

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Zonafer, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Hello.

If you've ever been in the lobby while a subserver is down for a reset, you will almost certainly come across a few people who didn't get the memo, and are now incessantly asking why they can't join their favourite subserver. While there already is a reset message above the NPC, most people really don't care to read it.

This gets very tedious after a while, with everyone asking the same question. I'd imagine it also wastes the staff team's time while also being a source of drama. For this reason, I suggest when you click on an NPC to take you to a subserver that is currently down, a message appears in your chatbox explaining the server is down for reset, when it will be up and to routinely check the server Discord/website for updates. This could be a template:

(Subserver) is currently down for a reset. It will re-open on (date) at (time). Updates will be posted on our website and Discord server, so stay tuned!
    This is a simple solution and will help reduce the amount of questions in the chat. Of course, this won't answer every question, but it should help to stop the spam of "why can't I join (subserver)" and similar messages. What are your thoughts?

abbzyy and iiSean like this.
  2. iluvu

It goes without saying that quite a few people ignore the downtime messages of subs when they apply. For this reason, I think that your message should display when you interact with the NPC or the subserver item in compass navigation, and see no issue with your message! It should be in bold text and a unique color to make it stand out more so the player's dont miss it. This addition would definitely reduce the questions (and some player confusion as there is currently no feedback when you try to interact with it) and for that reason alone it deserves an addition to the network.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.