Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Secret Rules Continue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smashhhh, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    I recently dealt with an odd situation involving staff members not following the rules set out in the public rules (you can find it here https://mccentral.org/community/threads/more-secret-rules.38442/)

And it was nearly immediately locked quoting a rule that doesn’t exist (if it does then a link to that rule would be greatly appreciated). So I did what everyone else in that situation would do, create a staff report. And 7 days after I created that staff report, i was told by Timppali that “We mainly issue bans for advertising in DMs if it's clear that it's a bot that mass messages multiple players”. But that’s not true, as we have seen a player message one person with an Advertising link. And they were rightfully banned after the did so, per the rules. It was only ONE report. Just like the rules say. There isn’t even a way to find out if they’re mass advertising with ONE report. So that makes his statement false.

And not once have I been linked to the other “rule” that states “if a staff member thinks that a person Advertising is a bot then it’s punishable. But otherwise you can just ignore the other rule”

The rules specifically state that “Advertising” is“Sharing a join link of other Discord servers which are not part of the MCCentral network.” 1 link. ONE. I just ask for the rules to be enforced to every player equally. Not biased towards some.

All I’m asking for is transparency. All the time I am hearing of new rules or rules that aren’t Enforced the way that it should. I just ask that we all be on the same page...

thanks for reading,

-Smashhhh

PS please don’t lock this immediately. Please let it be until the question has been answered.

2. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

I explained in your last thread that the player that was instantly banned was banned after 1 link because they were a BAN EVADING alt.
    It had nothing to do with the donator thing, and it is a consistent rule because Ban Evading is listed under the rules.

puposaurus likes this.
  3. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    How do you know that they're a ban evading alt? you can't IP check someone on discord as far as I know. I may be wrong but..

In addition, there have been dozens if not hundreds of instances where players have been banned because they broke the rules for Advertising. I have evidence of it and you can easily check the logs to see that.

This means that the rules have been enforced properly in the past, but in this case it was not.

4. TrippedUp

TrippedUp
    Hello!

I myself know that there is a difference between the two, as I once made the mistake of banning a player who sent me a Discord invite link. Just like in the case you provided, they were a donator and were a member for quite some time. This goes to show that it all depends on the situation. There is no "secret rule" here, it's just called situational awareness. Not every rule is going to apply at every instant because there are things such as context, or in this case, them obviously not being a bot (which is what we ban for). I believe your question has been answered thoroughly by xBenz and I, so I will lock this thread.

- Thread Locked -

httpmeme and puposaurus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.