Seasonal Cosmetic

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by SniffableSugar, Feb 2, 2021.

1. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    Hello there
    Adding seasonal cosmetic seems like a good idea, by adding a battle pass like feature and giving out rewards such as new cosmetic, seasonal effect or even seasonal poketpal. This can make the player base have something to work towards and give them a reason to try out different sub servers by setting easily accomplishable goals across different servers. Each season should not be too long unlike the season in the subserve it should be resetting every few months and all the rewards should be cosmetic based rewarding loyal players in the server and improving player loyalty to the server.

Side topic there is a cosmetic that I really wanted to be added in MCC which is the cloak in hypixel, photo attached below
    https://imgur.com/xeS2Kka
    It is a super cool cosmetic and should only be regarded as a hard obtainable cosmetic only for the really dedicated players

That's all hope it helps Bye

#1 SniffableSugar, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey SniffableSugar,

Seasonal 'battle pass' systems only really work on games/servers that have just one thing.
    When we have multiple subservers the systems would all need to be tied together, and would no doubt be a large job to implement.

Likewise, we'd need to have someone on-board to create new seasonal perks, which would no doubt just add to work loads.

I don't really see it working in any way on the server, especially considering it wouldn't increase engagement between subservers, people who play Skyblocks would login to factions to claim their 'battle pass' reward then leave. So it wouldn't make a difference in player interaction.

Moving away from server-wide cosmetics, one thing that could be implemented is what I suggested for Season 10 of Skyblocks; 'Daily Streaks'.
    Login every day for X days to claim rewards for that subserver. This would be an incentive to login to each subserver daily, which would allow you to make minor progress on all subservers without any effort.

upload_2021-2-2_14-1-37.png

3. Myko

Myko
    Idk if this would also be an option, but maybe adding MCC cosmetics, similar to pocketpals, but it would be like capes, hats, wings, etc. Sorta like Badlion / Lunar. You could buy them off the store, or maybe like earn them as an achievement when the new minigames revamp comes along. Maybe from killing like 5 players in a SSW game u get a cool hat. And not just cosmetics that would be in lobbies cuz no one really uses those. I mean like full on ingame where u can see all throughout the network. Idk just an idea :)

-myko

4. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    The problem with adding hats/capes/wings, etc, is that those kinds of cosmetics use clients to support them.
    EG: Badlion injects their own custom models into the game to allow custom hats, capes, wings, etc.

The only way to do any of those in vanilla is with particles or armor stands, and quite frankly, they look very mediocre when done with particles or armor stands - not to mention, lag as well.

Cape overrides are a big no-no as well.

5. Swaggle

Swaggle
    Hello! I just want to say I'm 100% in support of this idea to add more cosmetics since they really do make things more fun but I'm really happy to hear Kieren's side of it of how hard it would be to implement. I do hope there are solutions to this and that some really cool things could be created alongside the upcoming Minigames Revamp (but I understand cosmetics may not be a priority). As for Kieren's response for 'Daily Streaks' I LOVE that! That could potentially be a cool thing for minigames too possibly for a certain minigame or entering any minigame. Thank you for sharing. ⋅ʚɞ⋅

SniffableSugar likes this.
  6. Nikki_

Nikki_
    heya sugar,
    one small thing that would be kind of similar is having some disguises on the subservers only last 1 season. there could be two types of disguises, some that are lifetime which would obviously be rarer in chests and would sell for more in /ah, and then some that only last one season, so over the course of the season they go for cheaper as there's less time left for them to be used. it's certainly not the most useful thing, and I can't tell you how it would work to wipe the seasonal disguises but I think it would be a good idea for some players who don't want to pay the full price to have a lifetime disguise, especially if they aren't considering playing the future seasons.
    -Nikki

SniffableSugar likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.