Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our KitPvP server, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

season7 map/builds

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by puposaurus, Feb 7, 2020.

1. puposaurus

puposaurus
    howdy hey hey prison folkies!! as all y'all know prison has been reset to season 7, and with all 'e normal reset there also was some new additions. as well as, a new map. sorta. I held off this post 'til about a week of the new season for some players to take the time to rankup and see the mines and just soak in the new prison season vibes uwu. anyways, I'm making this post more on an opinion based off my observations about the map(s) this season and how they have been w/i the past few seasons.

i'd feel that the prison reset was a little rushed in a way. with a long of a wait prison got, being on the longer side compared to other seasons (except for the 1st season), i was expecting more than what was in the changelog. I think the additions that WERE added were great, and not as much troubleshoot/bugs like other resets, with exception of plot signs as far as I know. With that said, I think most of us were expecting some of the things kieren made in his mega post of which im sure weren't added for reasons.

with that said, i feel the maps this season were what stood out the most to me this season.
    firstly, i'd like to point out that the mines are the exact same as last season. I do understand that creating 13-27 different mines every season is a lot of work especially with a paid build team/non community based like how it was back until 2016/2017-ish time. However, going back to that long wait, for a 10month wait, I was expecting some new mine maps just to freshen up the season a lil bit. Although the mines aren't used the most, especially the middle ones like I or M (etc.), I think as a player since season1 it's fun to warp through the different mines and see 'em one after another at the end of a season or once you hit Z rank. As well as, with these past two seasons trying to buff mining more and more, players would notice that they were the same.
    secondly, another thing I'd like to mention about the mines, is that the Z mine isn't as good as it once was.. if that makes sense. From an exaggerated standpoint, the mines are a box w/ some shapes/columns on the walls and a figure or two. For the Z mine, it is the same, with it being a mermaid. I feel that the Z mine this season compared to season 2 and 3 where it's more than a box, just seems underwelming, in some ways. I will give screenshots of what the current/last season's Z mine looked like. unfortunerly, I don't have screenshots of what the season3 mine looked like, but if i were to describe it, i'd say that it was like a garden almost that went beyond just a box/cube. anyways. as something as minor as this, i don't see this being something that would be improved on next season, but still wanted to bring it up.
    thirdly, SPAWN. it's, um, similar to skyblock's season9's spawn (current). towards the end of this post, i have examples of as to why. but from description w/o the pictures. they have both similar/same shape/frame which is a box and some towers in the corners and middles of the corners. again, i feel that a 10 month wait could at elast have an improved spawn and make it different from the other subserver's spawn lobbys.
    fourthyl, pvp. i think we can come to some agreement that pvp arena this season is kinda bad. i had friends who loved climbing on the trees. and also, bringing back season3, i remember when the wilderness pvp was first introuced and exploring it was something that was always fun and in the past few seaons the pvp arenas have been v similar with some trees and a moutain-like wall.

anyways, i understand that since this season has been already released that not much can be done about it; however, i wanted to bring it up and give a 'lil of my opinion on prison's recent seasons and their maps.
    y'all sorry for rambling.. if even that...

havve a great day!!!!!
    ~puposaurus

edit: i forgot to include pictures :/

here are some ss of the Z mine of season 6 and 7 (i lost season3 and most likely deleted 'em due to 'em being old screenshots)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are some ss of prison's spawn this season (season 7)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    now compared to prison's spawn, it's very similar to skyblock's s9 spawn (shape/structure wise)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

quick shoutout/thanks to EBallan for the Z mine pictures :)

#1 puposaurus, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    HeckTheThicc and wafe like this.
  2. iSloth

iSloth
    I completely agree! I would love to see more maps and builds in every new season. However, I do think that server features are more important. I have no idea how much time and work went into the technical side of the reset, and it could be a lot, so I can’t really pass a judgement on what they should have done. I agree with you that it would be cool to have a more unique spawn than the format everything else follows (I love the creative spawn) and that should be a focus for next season. All in all, I agree with 100% that resets would be cooler if all the builds changed instead of key things like spawn.

3. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    HeckTheThicc Upvotes this

Naruto Uchiha likes this.
  4. ssophiie

ssophiie
    I love how it is and i wouldn't say its a priority but if they could make the spawns a bit more original rather then just a square with some towers within it. The spawns look great either way but i can understand what you're saying!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.