Season 2 PvP and Beaconing

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Composures, Jun 12, 2020.

?

Add them both in or only one?

1. Beaconing

8.9%
  2. Season 2 Arena

13.3%
  3. Both

77.8%
  1. Composures

Composures
    Hello fellow staff and prisons players!

If you played during season two of prisons, then you understand what "beaconing" is and you remember the PvP Arena from then. In which if you do not I will provide a few screenshots of the arena with a few players in them that you may have seen around the server. ;)

Screenshots:
    https://gyazo.com/2158c8a6d303a257c2c025d045a86654

https://gyazo.com/c60a5420b9268d41b0a0446ab8e217f6

https://gyazo.com/e92cbea83285635cfa593851e2cd3e89

https://gyazo.com/ce3fb4bb0ec1c00860deb9941d4d3d97

I would like to have this arena from season two back. However, I would gather a few trustworthy players plus staff members to help me make it. I want it to be a very much larger arena, so we all have more room to PvP. That way we can PvP in a larger place, but we also have the wilderness plus mines and not just a PvP arena to fight in. That way we have things included from the past and the future so far. I know a lot of OG players who wanted stuff like this back.

The second part of this thread is called "beaconing" now this used to be something on prisons that made the PvP more interesting in its own way. It would allow you to use beacons to your advantage to go into PvP with speed, strength, and jump boost for a few seconds to make the PvP a lot harder and more fun. You learn to gap quicker and have a better chance to kill someone in PvP. I know quite a few people have asked to add this back and I think it would be so much better.

Please help get this thread to a lot of plus ones. <3 (I was asked to get the community opinions)

Have a lovely day or night! -Composures (Lauran)

2. Twizz

Beaconing is such a powerful way to get everyone to join pvp, and most importantly rookies get a really big chance to finally go down into pvp stacked but with a risk of getting beaconed themselves for the stuff they beaconed for. Personally beaconing gives the pvp economy a bigger circulation and gives everyone a chance to be rich since its all spread out because everyone who knows a beaconing plot has access to use beacon effects in pvp

Tcay, NoIGN_, Relacz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Relentless

Hey Lauran! As you can see by the first screenshot, i'm a big fan of the old map. I liked the compact pvp without all this bow boosting nonsense. Beaconing for sure needs to be added back as well as it gave those new to prison a chance to become more geared. Balancing out the pvp so not just a certain group constantly controlling it.

I would for sure like both of these to be implemented in the future.

Thanks

Xermes, TZ2, puposaurus and 2 others like this.
  4. Klarissa

klarrissa
    Holy crap. I am so excited for this. I would LOVE for map 2 to come back but bigger. Ive been a player for prison since Season 1. Season 2 and 3 were the BEST seasons we had. I dont like the wilderness in prison were people can run for hours around the map when you are trying to chase them. Map 2 arena was easy to kill people. Not to mention Beaconing was actually SO much fun. But also i would suggest we take out Pearls Since we already have boost bows i feel they are a bit useless. But other than that i LOVE this idea

Xermes, James/Nz, puposaurus and 3 others like this.
  5. iCrypt

iCrypt
    not so much a fan of the beaconing idea; as i'm sure most can agree, a massive reason why people hated this was noot due to the 1v1s, but moreso for the people that stand back waiting to clean a fight, there would be people spamming /back till a player is low enough to be qd'ed. i like the idea of a more condensed map vs a ring around the spawn building used over many seasons. my ideal season would consist of a smaller map to make it harder, yet still possible to kite with pearls and boost bows, and having a potential 5minute gap timer, allowing crap pvp to take more popularity, including this feature allows less geared opponents a fair fight but still allowing a benefit for those with stronger gear and weapons

EDIT: also to add loot protection to stop people from reclaiming their gear after a 30minute fight

#5 iCrypt, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Composures, Xermes and puposaurus like this.
  6. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    Hello!

I would love both beaconing and the season 2 map. These bigger maps everyone runs on and it’s so boring and what not and it’s easy to get away but then adding a small map would include no mine in the pvp arena. Possibly make a big and small pvp arena and I’m sure many people would like 10 second loot protection or more where nobody can hit you and take your items but you stay in combat tag that much longer. The only downside with a smaller map would be people getting 10v1d so maybe add a system where only a few players could target one person at a time just so it’s fair. Thanks

Composures likes this.
  7. Mortta

Yes add this back in please beaconing was so fun and the arena was small so ez kills.

Composures likes this.
  8. 1handy

Finally a staff who knows what the prison pvp community wants. They put so much work into faction and forget to listen to the prison players in a long time. PvP isnt really fun anymore. I would love to have Water or a Void around the pvp area again too! That shit was fully as hell and more entertaining. -Eron

Composures likes this.
  9. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey lauran!!! i honestly would love to see the season2 pvp arena readded, but skeptical of it being added back if they fuck us over like they did in season3 with some small *** arena to the point where it barely got used. i can see a pvp arena being used in upcoming seasons if it was bigger than season3’s and close to the size of season2’s maybe bigger since i remember some fights getting mixed and jumbled occasionally.
    also, i think one of the problems w/ the wilderness is how loggging is so much easier, coming from someone who logs a lot. if i were to compare the amount of times i was able to log in season 2 versus like season3 where there was wilderness the amounts would be sparse from each other as season2 had more restraining areas and such and such.
    anwyays, a separate pvp arena would be nice if it’s not all gay and dinky as season3’s was. like maybe bring back the rocks from season2 or some type of variant, but also not where it’s all stupid like this season where nothing is climbable.
    as for beaconing, i wasn’t a huge huge fan of it towards the end, but a few times when i did do it during my diamon days, i liked how it somewhat gave a more leveled ground for half a second since a p2 against a p4 most likely couldn’t win, unless beaconing was a thing which was always nice. if beaconing were readded, i think making home sets allowed in pvp/wilderness would be cool, despite the slight “unfairness” people might complain about, but sethome perk isn’t the most useful perk compared to the other ones... like u have a home at you chests and spawners if even that, and that’s like 6 sethomes where’s the rest of the 14 supposed to go, yk. if the sethomes trying was reverted back to how it was in season2&3 where they can be set in pvp/wilderness it can be a cool way for players to smart’n up and learn where people’s sethomes are and jus to gain more strategy in pvp other than random 2v1s. i think if beaconing was readded there’s gonna be those kids who just complain about it no matter what the situation is.

overall i think a separate arena would be nice and beaconing i could live w/o it but also i wouldn’t care if it was readded +1
    have a great day!!!

Composures likes this.
  10. TZ2

TZ2

TZ2
    This will be fucking hillarious if it gets added back

Composures and Xermes like this.
  11. James/Nz

Agreed, finally we have someone who is finally voicing their opinion for the majority of the prison, instead of just pushing off and ignoring our ideas and our voices like majority of the staff here do. Absolutely no one likes the current wilderness situation, everyone just bows away, a PvP arena would create a place where people can actually fight instead of people just running and pearling. I do agree with everything you said, they took away beaconing for absolutely no reason because of complete ignorance, it was dumb. No offense to iCrypt or Cal up there but he said he disagrees with the idea, a majority of the new gen McCentral players completely disagree with this idea because they've never been exposed to the idea of beaconing, beaconing enhances the gameplay of McCentral prisons, it also makes it easier to kill people and it also adds a spicy element to the PvP aspects. The current PvP is boring, everyone agrees, people are quitting because of how fucking dogshit it is, the current PvP state of prison is so bad it's at it's worst it's ever been in it's current existance. I'm glad people are finally making their voices heard because it's fucking dogshit, I think the void should be added back if we're going to have the wilderness again, as that added a interesting element to the PvP on McC. All people do nowadays is run, pearl, bow, and /back and just 5v1, it's so boring, i'm currently just winning the season by having a fifty people gang, it's not fun but it works. Please staff don't ignore us now and get our requests right. I normally don't do this forums shit or talk in a somewhat professional tone but I needed this to be said. - James/Nz Thank you Lauran.

Composures likes this.
  12. Flip

I totally agree,

I tried to voice my opinion when season 3 started but everybody just dismissed it. I know a lot of the OG players who miss season 2 for its pvp style and the ability to beacon. Beaconing provides an opportunity for low level players to rank up in terms of pvp gear. I understand that a lot prison is based on economy, but I think a lot of people would agree if I said that at least half it not more of the prison players are pvpers. Especially since the wilderness mobs have been removed, there is now no actual special feature to the "wilderness" other than a pvp arena that spreads all across all of spawn. People who haven't played during season 2 honestly have no idea how fun it actually was, and once they are introduced to that style of pvp they will love it. All the players do now is gank, run, pearl and talk garbage and be toxic, and all of this really ruins and takes away from actual "PvP," and it just ends up leading to arguments. Thank you for finally bringing this up. A OGs have felt this way but their opinions, including mine, have never been payed attention to. +1

Thanks again,
    Flip

#12 Flip, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Composures likes this.
  13. Unadvised

Unadvised
    At the of the day it will be hard to make 100% everyone happy. I mean there was a reason beaconing got a removed, its because majority of players did not like it. For the smaller areana subject i dont think going back to season two arena is the right idea. Remember we still have to fit in the wilderness mine. I do think we could do other things. We could obviously make the pvp area much smaller. We could also disable bow boosting.

14. Foola

Hi, I am very pleased to see this thread and all of the responses to it. I feel like this is a way to move MCC prison PVP to the next level to make it more enjoyable. As of now, I believe that prison PVP is at a low. It is very anti-climatic and just not very exciting. It's just senseless clicking until the timing is right. I do think that this can be fixed. Now I in my personal opinion I saw the problems as the map and the PVP style. I think that making the map smaller or not in a circle will make cut running down. Of course, the goal isn't to make it impossible but right now everyone is able to run out of PVP due to the map. I think making the map in one place and not in a circle will help a lot. On top of that, the map is boring with just trees. Adding some buildings will make less space for running making it so that people will opt to fight rather than run. Now I am not an "og" prison player so I do not know what all of this talk about season 2 is but I will say what I know. This PVP style is downright terrible. I think that the idea of beaconing is cool so there are more quick drops but as unadvised said it was popular opinion that it was removed. I think that this means that there should be another way to encourage more kills. I also don't think crapple PVP is the idea as this would be taking an idea from kitpvp which is kinda dead. As of now, I am mixed on ideas on how to make pvp more enjoyable. I think that disabling bow boosting won't solve the problem of running also as unadvised proposed. I think that all this will lead to is rod spam and mindless running about the map until you are out of combat tag. Once again I don't have a sufficient idea to share here but I know that there is a solution out there. Take HCF for example there are different kits that give different abilities (some including speed) so you can catch up to those who run. All in all I just wanted to say that I was excited to hear about this thread and that I hope this is able to birth some new ideas for the next season.

Edit: Wilderness Mine is not needed at all. If that is a reason the map changing is hard it should be taken out as it contributes nothing.

Composures likes this.
  15. Ringars

Ringars
    Nah wilderness mine is only good because of its gold blocks. Season 2 Arena and Spawn was beautiful and was easy for fast paced PvP. However, the small arena would suck because of how many pvpers there are currently and the fact that Pearls and bow boosting are still in the game. But definitely make the pvp arena smaller so you don't chase someone for 30 minutes.

16. Zeroe

Yes

17. Unadvised

Unadvised
    On top of making the pvp area smaller we can also have a lot more events hosted inside it. It would require people to suggest event types for example koth spin offs, Gang wars and other events for people to compete for. We also could buff wilderness mine or change how it works.

Composures and Foola like this.
  18. Composures

Composures
    We would have the PvP Arena which will be larger, but we would also have the Wilderness mines. That way the events can take players in /warp wilderness and people can PvP in both.

puposaurus and MasterChheda like this.
  19. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Very possible. Have to considerate not to split up pvp too much as it can lead to it dying but if there is only 2 dif arenas on prison that shouldnt be a problem. What size are people thinking just for a pvp areana? 20x20, 30x30?

Composures likes this.
  20. Boo

Boo

can we beacon siderate of people who dont know what beaconing is? just wanted to make that pun honestly but sub to my onlyfans asscheek pics for fifteen don chairs.

Composures likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.