Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

screensharing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anonymous user 04, Mar 8, 2021.

1. anonymous user 04

i think players should be able to chat when their frozen because people might have some kind of problem and they won't be able to communicate with the staff member...

Yukihira likes this.
  2. mxbel

mxbel
    Objectively speaking, there is absolutely no reason or need for this to be added in as there are clear instructions on the screen about what to do. If you need to communicate with a staff member, you can do so by joining this discord and asking in #support, or being in the screenshare discord beforehand so you can join the call quicker and state your problem there.

The only issue I can think of with the current screenshare GUI is perhaps adding language choices, but since the server has a majority of english speakers, that's not something we're in dire need of right now either.

mcrcus, Zonafer, Lewklo and 2 others like this.
  3. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I actually disagree with this.
    Yes, you get instructions on exactly what you need to do, but you can't always do this. A few years back I was playing UHC, and I got frozen. At the time I was maybe 10-12, and I was playing on my Mom's old Mac. I wasn't able to download TeamSpeak or discord. I ended up getting banned for time limit exceeded, and that's because I couldn't communicate with the staff that I couldn't do the instructions.

I do agree on the option fr language choices, but you are also correct with the majority being English speakers.

4. guih

guihzy
    You don't need to download neither of those in order to get screenshared. Of course, using the application made for discord is much more convenient than using the website but we're talking about extreme cases. Upon attempting to join the screensharing discord (mccentral.org/ssdiscord) without being logged onto a discord account you'll be told to make one, which shouldn't take no longer than 2 minutes. No email verification is required to access the voice channels whatsoever. I do understand some people do not have their own computers and/or are not allowed to install applications, and in that case I'd recommend clipping the last few minutes prior to the moment you're frozen so that if you get banned you have at least a little bit of evidence to help in your case.

Back to the actual suggestion, no I don't believe chat should be enabled. I do understand there may be some issues just like the ones mentioned above but I still believe they're not major issues and are rare occasions. I came across that only once during my 3 and a half months as a moderator, in which I froze roughly 100 people (wild guess), where a guy could not download anydesk due to parental controls, but he had been recording the entire time, with reach and cps display (which made it clear that he was not using kill aura and/or an autoclicker) and that got him instantly unbanned. Rare occasions may occur, but it's not worth spending so much time reworking on the plugin just because of them. -1

mxbel likes this.
  5. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I understand, I am also a -1 on this because as you said, it's a rare occasion. In my case though, I had no idea what discord even was, and I only got a few minutes to make an email, sign up for an account, join the discord, and figure out how to do it. I'm really young and dumb at that point so it wouldn't have been possible for me to evade what was going to happen.

For others, It will probably be different since everybody records now. What happened to me is irrelevant, I was just sharing my experience.

Yukihira and JorjaoMilGrau like this.
  6. JorjaoMilGrau

You are young and that is why you are so arrogant, if you had no problems, good for you. In all the servers that I have already passed the explanation of screemshare is much more detailed, which is different here. I just discovered that the server had a screemshare system last year, and I have been actively playing for a long time, there are several problems that would be avoided with the simple act of talking directly to the staff member ig (the player who is frozen could be redirected to the staff lobby for a private conversation. In fact there are explanations before the screemshare but if the person has never had this experience it is complicated , a slow pc, the lack of discord, the discord not being open, the person not being in the mccentral discord, a weak internet are just some of the problems that I can mention, a conversation with the staff could explain the time of the delay informing, and asking for help if necessary, after all you can’t be hardheaded and think that all the players were connected to the server on the discord. Also other servers have this added so prob not that difficult to add (guessing), so why not? +1

7. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Even if you have reasons to not be able to screenshare, it's really simple to install OBS, set up the replay buffer (my ancient, 12-year old PC can run it perfectly fine) and just clip when you get frozen like Guih said. Changing the SS process majorly is not something the server needs right now, and it would slow down actually needed changes. Maybe if the ability to run /friend add and /msgf while frozen should be allowed, as it would fix the situation you mentioned. Regardless, changing the SS protocol is not the answer right now. -1

TheKingOfTurtlez likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.