Scamming Punishments

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by SirArchibald97, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirArchibald97

I have found that there is a large scamming issue on the Prison server. Players are taking money and items from unsuspecting players, that are travelling to advertised plots for fake "drop parties" or to buy fake items. I have been scammed twice in the last 24 hours, which probably makes me quite gullible, but it is also not fair. I have lost over $1 million to a scammer who advertised the purchasing of Prison Tokens when it was just a chest of sticks. I also lost my level 11 Upgradable Pickaxe to a drop party scammer with a drop trap.

This is horrible for new players like myself (I am a Rank T Rookie) as we worked really hard to get the stuff we have and we have little or no backups. I know there is no server-side plugin that can prevent scamming, but staff and players can be more diligent to stop these things happening.

Maybe there can be a /report command to auto report scammers or other abusers to online staff members. This could allow staff to immediately check on the report and catch the hacker/scammer early, before they can do more damage.

I know this will probably just sound like a noob whining about getting scammed to most of you, but I promise I am not whining. I think this is a real problem which needs to be dealt with. And I have of course reported both accounts of scamming. Please suggest anti-scamming features that could be implemented, should you have any. We need to deal with this as a community.

2. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey @SirArchibald97 scamming is allowed on prisons and you can see in the MCC rules here. Just do not fall for those scams only trust the players you know. This way you are less likely going to get scammed. Overall I hope this helps and have a good day or night.

#2 ThorKingOfAsgard, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    creeper7777777 and Zonafer like this.
  3. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Like Raptor said, scamming and trapping are actually allowed on Prison and Factions. There are initiatives like Scampatrol to help players avoid scam plots, and oftentimes you can ask in chat if a plot is legit or not. The community is already really good with calling out scammers, so it's not much of a problem at all, if you know where to look and who to ask.

puposaurus and ThorKingOfAsgard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.