Safety for players (add 2x drop thingy)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by PoloGoat, Apr 27, 2021.

1. PoloGoat

chimodu
    Problem
    I stumbled upon a problem today. I was dropping my kits at spawn for the newbies to get like I always do, when I accidentally dropped my main pick with like 360'000 mined blocks. To my luck the guy that got it decided to give it back which was a relief to me, however there are most likely people who would have kept it if they had got it.

Solution
    I used to play skyblock on another server - hypixel. The thing I thought of after this incident is that they have a system that secures people from accidentally dropping certain items. Me personally I don't know how to add this to the server and what items would count as 'op items' but as a suggestion to make it short, all perks, digsuises, spawners, and personal pickaxes. Note that there is still a way to do drop parties on these things, all required is to double drop for these certain items to actually drop. This prevents people from making the same mistake I just made.

SplatBerry likes this.
  2. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Whilst this would be useful to have, an easier solution would be to set your drop key to something like ` or backspace so you dont accidentaly press it

BlockyBeach and SplatBerry like this.
  3. micunmuted

PLARPS
    This is a nice idea. since if you lose your valubles and drop it and a person picks it up, there most likely to keep it. also, for the time being but away your valuable stuff in an chest to keep it safe so you don't drop it like that again :)

4. PoloGoat

chimodu
    I know this but the problem here is that when I want to drop stuff (for example drop my kits to help new players) I just drop all the stuff I have in my inventory. So in that case it doesn’t matter what key I have for drop, since I would have to use it anyway.

5. LucidZeno

zylefone
    Try unbinding your drop key, and only use pmines that don't allow players to drop items, and whenever you are doing something that isn't mining you should consider putting all of your valuable items into your enderchest with /ec. And you really wanna try to be careful, if someone else picks up your pickaxe they might not give it back next time. <3

6. PoloGoat

chimodu
    Thank you for your reply I will consider this. However, by doing this I still disable myself from dropping my kits to new starters. If that is how it has to be I’ll just try to remember to put it in my enderchest. The problem with that is I might forget again, and that’s why I made this suggestion.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.