[Rule Change] Modifying/Clarifying Criteria for Explicit Conversation

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Zonafer, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Hello!
    -----
    If you're like me and you've been more active in-game recently, you'll definitely have noticed there are a lot more players on MCC, and quite a few are just starting out on the server. They don't know much about the rules and some are just here to troll. One really common method of trolling I've noticed recently is naming adult entertainers (Mia Khalifa and Johnny Sins are two examples) and asking others to look them up or saying they "adore their work" as an influencer. This is not limited to one subserver or minigame, and often ends up in more players joining in.

Under the current rules, this isn't punishable, and many staff members have also confirmed this. Seeing as it's now become a popular way of trolling and talking about explicit content without being punished as a result, I would like to see this loophole in the rules patched, and the rules clarified to include "any discussion or content sexual in nature" as punishable. Because asking players to look up an adult film star's name is bound to return explicit content in the search, and a large part of the MCC playerbase is <16, I think it would only be fitting to include this under explicit conversation.

The best way to go about this would be to expand the rule entry for explicit conversation. Below I have listed the current entry, and a modified version I would like to see added.

Current: Talking about inappropriate or explicit topics. - Talking about sexual topics. Talking about terrorism in a positive light.

Modified: Discussing explicit or otherwise inappropriate material, topics or people. This includes content which is sexual, violent or promoting terrorism. - "Mia Khalifa is the best actor!" "America deserved 9/11!"
    -----
    Please let me know what you think of this idea and as always, have an awesome day!

forgranted, mcrcus, s0cial_ and 3 others like this.
  2. Sahmir

Billion
    bro i fully agree man

3. forgranted

inhabited
    Hey! I do actually agree with you that explicit convo should be put into less vague words. However, I wouldn’t put this as something that is a do now sort of thing. The server has bigger things to do such as anti-cheat, resets, and revamps. Although, I do want to see this added and agree with you, I can’t see them doing it right now. +1

4. TeddyPrice

I like this suggestion a lot, people can always find ways to avoid being punished, but the message they are sending is clear as day.

5. Zonafer

Zonafer
    It's just a little change to the rules page, and a change to policy as well. It's no big deal and honestly I would like to see it implemented sooner rather than later.

forgranted likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.