Resolution to Cleared Plots

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sativa, Sep 7, 2019.

?

Do you think we should have some notification system to plots that get Cleared?

Poll closed Saturday at 3:24 AM.
  1. Yes, this is a good idea

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, this is not a good idea

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Sativa

Satlva
    I have recently been checking out all the plots on creative and I have seen so many disruptive/inappropriate builds, as well as some other issues that have come up, like too many Beacons on a plot, too many armor stands, and too many flags. This needs to be resolved as there must be more than 20 I find per day.

I think when a staff member clears a plot, there should be a message that comes up when the players plot gets cleared so they understand why it happened. I know countless players that do not know all the rules for Creative and they may not learn the first time. Telling them when they create a new plot would stop them from doing it again and would stop the lag in the sub-server.

I figure this would be a great way to reduce the amount of inappropriate builds, etc. When a player makes a inappropriate build, it shows other players that it's allowed even though its not. One players plot that someone comes upon may intrigue them to do the same thing, if not worse. It has to be fixed and needs a resolution.

Let me know what you think of this idea and if you can add onto it. Please partake in the poll if possible and please comment on ideas/suggestions. It would help a lot to get this fixed!

Have a Great day!
    -Sativa

0ctagon likes this.
  2. puposaurus

Puposaurus
    heyo! For starters, i'd like to juss say if u see an inappropriate plot you can report them on forums (here) and that i have encountered many many inappropriate plots n' such on creative. Most plots have inappropriate elements are added on purpose, not on accident, and if it was removed some players would most likely continue on doing it.
    In my opionion, i think having a message wouldn't be necessary since there's a numerous amount of reasons for a plot to be cleared. I dont think this would really reduce the amount of inapp plots. it'd mostly just fill up creative chat since there's a lot of inapp plots and staff who clear 'em from reports go through them kinda quickly (which again would be anotha' example of the chat getting fileed w/ that message)

hope this mentions all your points.. your post was kinda hard to follow ngl
    have a great day!
    ~puposaurus

0ctagon likes this.
  3. Sativa

Satlva
    Sorry for it not being understandable. It was hard to explain. What i meant was a message (only to that player) when the player that had their plot cleared to not put any inappropriate builds anymore. I see where you are coming from where it wouldn't be necessary, but on the contrary, wouldn't a warning to the person that had their plot cleared stop them from doing it anymore? Which means that the staff wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

I think there should be a bigger punishment for repeat players that make the same Inappropriate Build or anything else. I think it would stop the nonstop builds I see on a daily.

But great input, Thank you!

0ctagon likes this.
  4. puposaurus

Puposaurus
    even then, i dont think a message and/or warning is necessary at all 'cause the player almost always isn't online when their plot gets cleared and they wouldn't see the message anyways, and mcc doesn't have a "mail" system or whatever where they can leave messages. and for warning, it's in the rules, that is enough warning (imo).

anyways, hope this got to your points now

0ctagon likes this.
  5. ImConcerned

ImConcerned
    He/she means, when the player relogs back onto creative, they will be jestured with a once off message in chat, like when you are muted, saying
    ‘Your plot (-14,56) has been cleared because of the mass amount of beacons that you were using.
    Please was the rules at the link below,
    Blah blah blah’
    If the player is online on creative then they will simply receive the message once the plot has been cleared.
    (‘Like when you are muted’ <— I meant that you would receive the message in chat. The message would not show again every time you talk)
    Thank you.
    Have a wonderful day!

0ctagon likes this.
  6. puposaurus

Puposaurus
    i can get that... but also for things like beacons n’ such i’ve seen seniors break the beacons then leave a sign like “max amount of beacons is 16 -*staff*” and same for some other things that are like dance clubs like “these type of clubs are not allowed” blah blah blah..

i still don’t really like this idea and wouldn’t really wanna see it implemented. Most players build these inappropriate plots on purpose and i feel that giving a message could just encourage them to rebuild it.

0ctagon and ImConcerned like this.
  7. httpmeme

httpmeme
    Usually if there is other builds on the plot Srmods remove the inapp build and leaves everything, the entire plot only gets cleared if the player has been on in quite a bit. Most players that build that kind of stuff know it's not allowed and knows it can get them in trouble, so I kind of don't see the point in having this creative although it is a good idea to have. In my opinion, players shouldn't be surprised to why their plot got cleared or resetted unless they haven't built anything in awhile.

Not a bad idea, but it's not needed.

-meme

0ctagon likes this.
  8. JapanCrafter

JapanCrafter
    Having a message pop up to the owner of the plot when they log back onto creative, or when the plot gets cleared saying that their plot got cleared would be a good idea. The message should just be generic so staff don't have to type anything out for a reason, just have it say something like ''your plot was cleared because it violated one of our server rules, please read and familiarize yourself with the creative plot rules LINK.''

0ctagon likes this.
  9. 0ctagon

This Would Be A Great Addon Not Only Will People Will Learn Their Lesson But They Cant Force The Staff To Waste His Or Her Time On Something That Has Already Been Done
    We Told Staff To Clear 2 Plots Like This Even Though We Found Like 20

~Your Shiny 0ctagon

10. Zguy2000

Zguy2000
    I don't see why this is a necessary component at all. The rules are clearly listed on the website. If you want to see why your plot was cleared, simply go to the rules page and look at which one you broke. The possibilities for why it was cleared (Creative only) comes down to two things: Inappropriate Build or Creating Lag. I would HOPE the player can figure out which one was on their plot. If it is not something offensive or explicit, then it was more than likely creating lag (Like a water spam or a whole plot of fire). It's silly for the staff team to implement something that's so easy to figure out on your own. Chat mutes are different, because there's about 30 different things you could be muted for. However, just looking at the rules page will tell you which of the two rules you broke.

Sorry, but it's a -1 from me

Hope this helped! Have a nice day/night!
    -Zguy2000

11. Ankh

Ankh
    For building disruptive/inappropriate builds, it's should be pretty obvious that building genatalia or other vulgar content will not be tolerated. In regards to beacons, I think a good first step would be them actually adding to the rules that too many beacons is punishable. At the moment it doesn't mention it anywhere. Also, why would you even need 16+ beacons on your plot in the first place?

Aside from that, read the rules. You're expected to before you play on the server, if you "unknowingly" break one then you can't just plead ignorance.

12. BtwImQuestion

BtwImQuestion
    Hey there !

I personally believe when plots cleared it’s not for a good reason. I also believe when a staff member clears the plot it shouldn’t be announced to the public as there is no sufficient reason for the public to know when the plot is being cleared. However, I understand your side of things too and have taken that into consideration when typing this.
    Thanks for reading - MCC. Senior Mod

13. Sativa

Satlva
    It wouldn't be announced to the whole public. It would be announced to the player only. What I meant was when that user got his plot cleared, a message only to him would pop up telling him why his plot got cleared so he wouldn't do it anymore. Most players do not know why their plot gets cleared so they have a bigger chance of doing it again. I have seen staff members place down signs telling the player why the plot was cleared, something like this goes a long way when clearing plots because it tells them what they did wrong and what to not do anymore.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.