Reset Discounts

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Quixxo, May 29, 2020.

1. Quixxo

Quixxo
    You know how there are discounts when the season resets? Maybe we should make it so that the more time you spend the previous season, the bigger the discount is.

2. Eleung_musk

eleung
    It is a good idea but there are a couple problems with this. To start off, if it is based on time you spend, then what would your discount code be? Would each person get a discount code? If this is so, people can afk a lot and be able to get a lot of discount codes. The admins or SR mods do not have time to make sure every person gets a discount code and check if they have afked or not and what were their actual gaming hours.

The second problem would be that people can use alts. Use enough alts and get a lot of discount codes and sell it off to other people. I could imagine people making a lot of money off of that, IRL and ingame. This would give way to a lot of people profiting and when that happens, IRL money becomes even higher per dollar. No matter how much time you spend in game, you would probably not beat the IRL deals if the discount codes were happening.

I cant think of a lot but these are just 2 of them, I am pretty sure it is nice to implement this idea, I think so too. However, the amount of work and problems it could create would be dangerous for them to add it. I think standardising the discount would be good. If everyone also had a discount code, you would have to tell the shop that like 3 thousand people have discount codes. The discount is good and can be used everywhere but people who like minigames might be forced to play sub servers just because if they do not put in a lot of hours, they do not get enough discounts.

I hope u can understand this. If there are any problems, do reply and I'll try to clarify myself.

#2 Eleung_musk, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

I dont see a reason for this to be active. Some players would just sit afk in subservers, and minigames and rack up playtime. I dont see this as a good idea, the server would lose money. This idea doesn't make sense in my opinion. I feel like 40% off how frequently they do it is pretty generous. I dont see this being added any time soon, or being brought up. Overall, -1. This would just milk the servers money they need to keep running.

Thanks,

Skin_ likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.