requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nonRacist, Sep 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonRacist

nonRacist
    Heya all

I was just wondering a bit and wanting to see if anyone can help me.
    The helper requirements say clearly that you need to be active in game and on forums but looking at higher staff members i can clearly see that is not the case for them. So where can i see the requirements for higher staff members? i cannot seem to find them anywhere myself

helpers, who there are 10 as of the moment of writing this post, have all together post amount of: 746

Let's see posts by all senior moderators who there are 13 of, which is more than 10 believe or not (:
    All senior mods together have post amount of: 201

So helpers have 3.7 times more posts on forums during 2 months than senior moderators, and helpers have 0 members who have 0 posts during 2 months.
    But there are 2 senior moderators without any posts/messages
    and 5 of who have between 1-7 posts/messages in 2 months. 2 months
    (So 7 senior mods with none or very little post amount.)

There are also some high staff members who have not even linked their account to their forum page
    which is a requirement for becoming staff.

there are 7 staff members higher than helper who have not had a single post since the new forum.

Don't get me wrong, i am not saying that all staff are lazy and such.There are some amazing staff members
    i am just saying there are staff that certainly shouldn't be staff if they had the same requirements to follow
    as helpers do.

There is quite a bit more i could add onto this, but i feel like i am already having murderous eyes of staff
    wannabe's on my back and such, so will leave it at that for now.
    But if anyone has anything to add onto this, or any kind of critique to follow, please do so down below (:

As always, have a nice day/night xx

PS. it was around 6am while writing this, and english is not my first language, so if some parts don't
    make sense, or you don't understand, please comment them, i will try to explain better.

-nonRacist/Atte

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hihi! a lot of the helpers have more posts than the higher staff since the forums has switched websites. Most, if not all, of the higher up staffs have over 100 posts on the old forums. a lot of the newer helpers get lottso posts on the new forums since their stats get reset and have to work their way back up to the required amount of posts (20 detailed forums posts).

all staff have lives outside of staffing for this server and can get busy. i wouldn’t sweat too much about the kitty gritty for staff’s forums posts tbh.
    Also, majority of staff are on forums every since there’s reports team and they have to reply to appeals.

recently, the forums team was disbanded since it was decided that all staff should be posting on forums, not just some select staff on a subteam...

anyways.. i hope this helped and kinda got to mentioning ur points

have a great day!
    ~pussosaurus:)

3. nonRacist

nonRacist
    Yes hi, thanks for answering

First of all, yes i know they have posts on the older forums, i have been a member of mcc since 2014
    and 20 posts, even detailed ones in 2 months is not insane to think about, not even surprising
    it should be quite average if you want to be staff.

and there still is helper who has 9 posts on the forums, meaning he was helper before the new forums?
    or applied during that period that old post amount counted still on the new forums.
    so that time has gone quite long ago, should he do anything about his posts?

Helpers have lives outside of being staff members themselves, but they prove to be a lot more efficient at least in the public eye than average
    higher staff member, yes. the ones having 0 posts does bring the average down a lot, understandable.
    I looked up my reports because of what you said, and from all the reports (that aren't many compared to the ones on the older forums)
    only one reply was done by a staff member who has 0 posts.
    everyone knows they work behind the covers, that normal members cannot see, but we also cannot know how active they are either.
    so if someone was the most active staff member ever behind the covers, and someone had literally done nothing.
    both have 0 posts, in public eye, they both seem kind of unactive.
    But yes, working behind the covers doesn't explain complete lack of posts though, fewer would be understandable and expected, but none at all
    is just baffling.

Doesn't this mean there should be more posts instead of less? or am i misunderstanding?

This post felt more like defending the current staff instead of answering the questions.
    But yes, if anyone wants to still answer the main question if higher staff has requirements they need to fill to stay as staff
    or anything related to that, please answer (:

ps, Nice answering so fast and coming up with those points. +1

InsaneIsMyName and puposaurus like this.
  4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hiHi again :>
    there isn’t a helper with 9 posts, i have just checked. i’m not sure what requirements we’re if you had a pending app while they switched to the new forums.. but.. uhh.. hehe

edit: correction. yes there is. i looked at likes instead of posts. mb mb.
    to answer that, i think he was helper before the new forums and didn’t have a pending application, so the 20 posts don’t apply to him.. don’t quote me on that.. that’s just an assumption
    i do not know staff requirements and what some staff members have going on in their lives. staff can take ‘lil breaks which can technically allow them to become super inactive and not get onto the server n’ post on forums. although i’ve seen a lot of staff chill in the discord while they’re on this break.
    golly ghee! i kinda hope so.. to see more of staff’s opinions on server ideas and such... but i’m just a regular community member.. don’t really have much to say because i can’t say much about this in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    :)

5. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

Firstly, as people said above, we just recently switched forum software which means we all lost our forum accounts. Any staff members that are below 20 posts is due to the switch. I know who you are talking about with 9 posts and they had MUCH more on the old forums.

Second, staff members are NOT required to post every single day or get a specific amount of posts a month. Just reply to support threads, bug reports if possible (only visible for staff) and create guides. You do have to be active before you achieve Helper to show your knowledge of the forums.

Keep note that some higher-ups, especially Senior Staff are really busy with other stuff. For example, staff applications, staff reviews, forum reports punishment appeals, etc. So it may look as if they are not active on the forums but behind the scenes, they are.

If you have anymore questions about the forum activity requirement, feel free to PM me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.