Remove Vareide Map 1 from SG

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by ehoeian, May 21, 2021.

?

Should MCC Remove Vareide Map 1 From SG?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. ehoeian

ehoeian
    The map Vareide Map 1 needs to be removed from Survival Games.
    There are virtually no chests scattered around the map, and the map itself is fairly boring. There are no cool features, no chests, small amounts of fighting, and overall, the map is horrendous.

I know many players agree, please if you don't:
    -state why not

Feedback appreciated.

fattr, JoaoOssucci and Merowian like this.
  2. YouGetMeSoHigh

nontraditional
    I personally have always loved variety map 1, it’s og and there aren’t many chests which makes food management more of an issue and really gives it that classic sg feel

fattr, SplatBerry and ehoeian like this.
  3. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    no this is actually my favorite map i enjoy being able to feel the "survival" part about "survival games" which is why I truly indeed enjoy the lack of chest spawns because these P2W sweats spend 1000 dollars every game to just get an unfair advantage!

ehoeian likes this.
  4. YouGetMeSoHigh

nontraditional
    idk if ur making fun of me lol

ehoeian likes this.
  5. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Hey there Ian,

I actually am going to agree with you on this one. Now I'm not saying completely remove it from MCC, because it is a really OG and nostalgic map, as the builder of the map Vareide used to be a well known Minecraft youtuber back in the day which is most likely the reason as to why it is still in survival games. However, if it were to get removed I would like to see it get replaced by another Vareide map. Personally, I really like the 7th map because it has a modern look, great to pvp on, and the buildings in it are well constructed.

So if it were up to me, I would remove it but replace it with Vareide Map 7. However, I am also ok with keeping it because of how much nostalgia it brings. So you can say I'm 50/50 on the situation. :)

<3

BlockyBeach and ehoeian like this.
  6. AlexMarkey

Isn't this the entire purpose of map voting though?
    If its a map you don't want to play - don't vote to play it.

The only way of a map being selected is by people either voting to play it (which means someone wants to play it?) or by no one voting at all (which can easily be avoided by anyone voting for another map).

Im not fussed which way this goes.

BlockyBeach, fattr and ehoeian like this.
  7. DressCodes

DressCodes
    Trolls will vote for it, everyone knows it is a bad map.. so people vote for it jokingly. Just remove it please

BlockyBeach, Nikki_ and ehoeian like this.
  8. luvbri

luvbri
    Hey there Ian,

I haven't played this map much, however I agree with the people who say that it shouldn't be removed.
    Your points are 100% true, however it is one of the real OG maps and removing it just isn't necessary at this moment in time.

As Markey himself said; "The only way of a map being selected is by people either voting to play it or by no one voting at all".
    So basically, even if trolls were in-game too, you can usually get more votes for a different map.

As always, have a lovely day!

ehoeian likes this.
  9. reallylazy

reallylazy
    I 100% agree with you, many people who spawn in this map tend to leave immediately, it's just not a fun map and is extremely unpopular among SG players for the reasons you listed. The only reason this map is even voted for is because of the trolls who choose it then leave as soon as the game starts? I can guarantee you that many people won't miss this map at all.

#9 reallylazy, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
    ehoeian likes this.
  10. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    it was troll

What's the point in keeping a map everyone clearly knows is filler? There's no aspect of it that's actually good. Every time I've ever gotten into that I just got like 10 kills off spawn and then from there on I can't find a single person especially since I don't have a compass and I am pretty much just forced to back out. I don't see the point of this map at all since it isn't even remotely close to being playable.

ehoeian likes this.
  11. ehoeian

ehoeian
    Yet this map still gets chosen, thanks for replying tho :P

12. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello, This map is really og, like everyone is saying. I feel like it should be there and I like the map for reasons because its actually decently hard and makes it fun to try to save your resources and such. 90% of the time you can get a map what you want, and personally for me, when I am in games it barely gets picked. So I am gonna have to give this a -1 although, it is a good suggestion, I don't think most of the community would like to see an og map getting removed.

13. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Like most people this map was one of the first I played, I think it has nostalgic value to everyone but instead of completely removing it maybe we could compromise and do some kind of day a week when their enabled again? Call it OG SG that takes place every Friday for example, it satisfies both parties; for and against removal of this map and a few others that were in the last rotation (Caelum Mundi, Breeze Island 2 ect). Keeping the maps more exclusive and increasing the chance of the new maps being played.

I think it's kinda important from an administrators perspective for the new maps to be played; since they are what is fresh and ultimately could bring someone on the verge of quitting back due to stagnancy from the old ones. But likewise as seen above; people like the old maps to retain still.

Not to mention the introduction of this "weekly" could increase player count if they decided to add some kind of competitive aspect to it for the duration of the event.

To answer the purpose of this thread; I am -1 on this thread, only because it does hold nostalgic value but at the same time I think that the introduction of this event idea could solve all problems outlined in this thread:)

Great topic @ehoeian <3
    Have a good one!

ehoeian likes this.
  14. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    Hiya,

I'm personally very fond of Vareide map 1, as it's extremely nostalgic. As far as I'm aware, MCC is one of very few if not the only server to offer this map. While there are few chests, there are certainly enough scattered throughout the map not to impose too significant of an issue. Adding on to that, there are lots of cool secrets throughout the map, from the enchantment table (assuming it wasn't removed), the golden apple, and a few other secret rooms/puzzles.

Overall, I'd be extremely sad to see this map removed =(

ehoeian and BlockyBeach like this.
  15. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    Nostalgia isn't everything about this server. It seems to me that the general population dislikes the map as it deserves no purpose in providing enjoyable game play and I feel like the map is more suitable towards higher donators than for lower ranks and non-donators as they can't find anyone after the first minute of the game without having a compass.

ehoeian likes this.
  16. Unadvised

Unadvised
    I mean instead of just deleting maps because the lack of chests, Why don't we just add more chests instead. Seems like the better option compared to removing maps.

17. Nikki_

Nikki_
    howdy ray,
    I do see how that's a better solution than removing the map altogether but the main reason I dislike the map aside from barely any chests is that the map is just huge. Some people think bigger maps are better but I don't prefer them as it makes the games last far too long which just gets boring.

ehoeian and BlockyBeach like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.