Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Regarding Map Building for the Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FadedOffTheKush, Apr 1, 2020.

1. FadedOffTheKush

FadedOffTheKush
    Hey, I had a few questions about building maps to be summited for use in the server.

1. What version should the builder of the map be running while building it? I'd assume 1.8.9 as I believe that's what the server runs.

2. Should the builder just create a world as usual and begin building? Should the world be super flat?

3. Is there any other information that would be important to know for building maps for the server?

Thanks

2. babynoots

hi!
    here is a link to everything you need to know about map submissions!
    good luck

3. FadedOffTheKush

FadedOffTheKush
    Well, actually, my questions aren't answered on that thread which is why I asked them here. Thanks anyway though

4. 10Controls

10Controls
    Hello!

Personally, whenever I make a map I create a void world. To do this, simply make a superflat world, click presets, and in the text box, write 0:0. This makes a void world. Once you create the world, (make sure you’re in creative) simply type /setblock ~ ~ ~ wool. This will set a block of wool at your current location. From there, you can start building!

Map wise, build in 1.8-1.8.9. Make sure to make your map interesting, make sure it has detail and it’s original, and make sure it meets all of the requirements which can be viewed here.

I’d also recommend using world edit, as that helps a ton.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me on discord, AwfullySus#2585.

Have a great rest of your day/night!

#4 10Controls, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.