Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Refusal To Screen Share

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superfight123, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superfight123

Superfight123
    In November of last year, I was playing skyblock and spamming enchantment bottles so that I could get more Exp to enchant stuff. During that, my screen froze and it said that I was being requested to screen share. I was a rookie rank and kinda new to the server. I didn't have discord or skype so I had no clue how to screen share. My 5 minutes passed and after seeing that I got banned for a month, I appealed. I wrote in my appeal that many players won't be able to screen share if they don't have discord. My appeal got accepted but I was still IP banned for 15 days. This is a huge problem for players because many of them that don't have discord, have basically no way to get out of that situation. I now have discord and fully understand why mods ask to screen share players, but I believe that the mods should tp to the player to see first if they are doing anything against community guidelines. For a mod, to tp to a player they could see what they are doing and then proceed by asking to screen share. This would be helpful to the player that isn't doing anything wrong and/or don't have discord. I know that I am not the only one that has a Severity 3 ban on my record for Refusal To screen share when we didn't do anything wrong.
    Thank You for spending the time to read this!
    Have a great day!
    https://gyazo.com/b6054ed09655df2e8156c84a165bca95

2. Modify

modify
    Hi there,

A staff member will request a screen share in the first place if they have been spectating a user for a while and have suspicions that they might be cheating. They do not just conduct screen shares randomly, and only do so to avoid false client modification bans. I do understand how 5 minutes may not be enough time for a user to install Discord if they do not have it already but there is not much that can be done about that. Whilst it may be unfair, I do not see a suitable solution to this problem. Screen shares have to happen under certain circumstances and in most cases, the user already has Discord installed so 5 minutes is more than enough.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Elecctricc and Zonafer like this.
  3. Superfight123

Superfight123
    I was literally placing down enchantment bottles at the time, plus the mod was nowhere in site (spectating me). For a person that doesn't even know what discord is or doesn't have the link to the mcc screen share waiting room, then 5minutes is not enough time. I have talked to other players that have also been through the same situation.

4. Phraze

Phraze
    Hey there,

The staff spectating you was in staff mode (basically mcc's /vanish) and probably suspected you of autoclicking if you were throwing enchant bottles super fast. Typically if you're suspected of autoclicking, you'll get screenshared because there's not a way to 100% tell if someone is. In the screenshare menu while you are frozen, it gives you the link to the screenshare discord and all you have to do is join. If you don't have an account, the invite link will redirect you to sign up, and this process can easily take under 5 minutes. I wish it could be longer to give user's an opportunity to figure out what they're doing with some leeway, but you can easily alter your game files and all that in more than 5 minutes.

5. iTristan

iTristan_
    Hey Superfight123!

At the end of the day, rules are rules. Whenever you play on a server (generally speaking) it's always a good thing to familiarize yourself with the rules. Like @Modify said there's not much that can be done. If you're trying to get this punishment removed from your record that won't happen but it's not like other players will think less of you because of this.

-Tris

6. Sarrrcasm

Sarrcasm
    Hi,

I understand the issue for many players but however screen sharing gives many people the opportunity to prove their innocence. I have been there myself, not finding my way to the discord server, but as you said you appealed and you got it accepted. Im sure that the staff member included information in that appeal. By the end of the day, staff doesn't go around screensharing people for no reason.

7. forgranted

inhabited
    Hey there!
    I have also had a friend banned for this in the exact same situation. In his situation he exited out of the game and then joined discord(first time) and joined the wait room. He found out he had been banned, appealed and had same thing as you, an IP Ban(Temp). That being said, he was able to join the discord in less than 4 minutes and told me he had time before he was told what happened. I don't believe time should be added or if it is added, it shouldn't be more than 1-2 minutes more.
    Best of luck to you!

8. Mauricioh

Mauricioh
    Question Answered | Thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.