"Recycling System" for Custom Enchants - [Prison]

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by 10sec, May 15, 2021.

1. 10sec

10sec
    Hello, everyone.

Due to the new prison reset, I've been spending a lof of time on prison, and something came up to me and I've decided to share it with you guys, so please, leave your ideas below :)

The idea basically consists of a "recycling system" for your custom enchant books which are not as useful, e.g, night vision and water breathing.

By having this, the user could, on the same GUI accessed when one does /ce, recycle their books through another icon added to the GUI, and by doing so, receive three tokens in exchange for those. Three seems like a fair number, however, it can always be changed accordingly.

Once the user recycles their books, a message in chat will pop up confirming that three tokens have been added to their inventory. I'll be leaving an example below.

[​IMG]

There are many other things regarding the idea which could be considered, so please, let me know what you guys think :)

2. JoaoOssucci

JoaoOssucci
    +1 for sure.

10sec likes this.
  3. micunmuted

PLARPS
    +1 this would be an amazing idea.

abbs and 10sec like this.
  4. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    Yes. Custom enchant books (particularly night vision and water breathing) have a very limited market, so recycling these would benefit the economies of both prison servers.
    +1 :D

10sec likes this.
  5. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I definitely like this idea, the amount of times I've got those 2 books..... I usually just bin them lol. I especially like the idea of only getting 3 tokens, its a fair balance to get back from those 2 however I think that the tokens received should be proportional to the rarity of the book, for example;

Water breathing & night vision would give you 3 tokens (as you described)

While token luck and miners delight give you upwards of 7-8 tokens. A minor (pun intended) increase in tokens received all while keeping a balance in the token economy.

Overall I like your idea and the simplistic nature of recycling books in a way is already present in the server with the way you can sell robot gems to the server.

Have a good one chief

6. 10sec

10sec

Thank you for the input, Elecctricc. Loved the idea, bro. <3

BlockyBeach and Elecctricc like this.
  7. iTrypt

iTrypt
    I personally love this idea, as I have a ton of leftover books which I don't really need, and that is just sitting in my chest with no one wanting to purchase them. The only thing that needs to be changed as stated in the prices and I don't 100% agree with the post regarding the prices I feel like if they were to be boosted up about 2 tokens each, that would be fantastic! Other than that, it's an awesome idea which I really want to be implemented! Have a great day!

10sec and abbs like this.
  8. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    I really like this idea! Not just for prison, but I think it would be useful on all subservers because, especially on factions since I have loads of books which im not using. You mention that you could get tokens for doing this, but would some books get more than others? But I would love to see this added. +1

10sec likes this.
  9. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey Charlie! I hope you are having a lovely day!

I definitely agree with this idea, this season I got so many useless books that it drove me crazy and at least some tokens back would be amazing. As elecctricc said in his above reply, the better the enchant the more tokens you should get and I also agree with this. Overall a great idea in my opinion and I hope this gets added in the next prison season or in other sub-server rests, 100% +1

I hope you have a lovely rest of your day / night!
    DM me on discord if you have any questions (Mentioned in my signature)
    -boom

BlockyBeach and 10sec like this.
  10. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Heya Amigo,
    Overall pretty dope idea. of course, we're not going to have another Prison reset for a while.

Make sure to bring this up if another thread gets made by most likely Unadvised for ideas for prison reset

I think recycling things is something that we should use more on the server overall and you've given a good example of where it's a problem. I see it on survival as well, at the start of the reset we see that we get a lot of things (ores, enchants, armor) but later in the season they lose value because they're in huge quantities on the Auction House.

I think we could not only benefit from something like this only in prison, but also in skyblock and survival. A system where you can recycle stuff with a small chance of getting something rare, this other rare stuff could be used to craft something that would be more beneficial late season.
    (I think you could make a whole thread on an idea like this if you could come up with something dope)

if a plugin like this would be made, I would like it to be a bit bigger and made in a way so it fits in ALL those 3 subservers. This makes it more time-worthy of creating a bigger plugin since it will be used in multiple subservers.
    Also great input here @Elecctricc

#10 Dionnysus, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  11. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    I love the idea and I think it would work out!
    Support
    +1

10sec likes this.
  12. guih

guihzy
    Hello
    I had thought of suggesting something like that for a long while, I just wasn't sure as to how I could word it out properly, and this post matches what I was thinking very well. A couple changes I'd make to your suggestion are the number of tokens received upon recycling a custom enchantment book, I believe those should be 5 instead of just 3. As well as that, there should also be a limit to how many times you can use that a day (I was thinking maybe 10), as having unlimited uses would be pretty damn OP. Other than that, I believe that would be a great fit for mcc prisons, +1!

10sec, BlockyBeach and JoaoOssucci like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.