Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

/r Suggested Feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by german900, Mar 17, 2020.

1. german900

I notice that a lot of time people accidentally reply to the wrong person using /r. For instance, if I'm typing something to someone using /r and someone else messages me right before I send the message, I'll accidentally send it to that person.

So, I'm proposing the following solution:

When you type /r and then press the "up" arrow, the textbox cycles through the past few people that you have messaged. So, for instance, let's say when I first logged on I messaged "Person A", then 5 mins later I messaged "Person B", and then, 5 minutes later, I messaged "Person C". When I press "/r" and then press the "up arrow", /r would be first replaced with /msg Person C. If I pressed the "up" arrow again, Person C would be replaced with Person B. If I pressed the "up" arrow again, the Person B would be replaced with Person A.

I think that this would be an easy solution to accidentally messaging the wrong people.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Chkns?, Akhu and bobean44 like this.
  2. TJFOOT3

I like this.. I accidentally msg'd the wrong person a rather... interesting msg.

german900 likes this.
  3. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Helloo!
    The /r command is there to send a message to the same person you sent earlier. If you want to scroll through the players name by using the up and down arrow keys, you might as well just use /msg (player) again. It doesn't take that long to message the player in my opinion. If he/she is in your lobby/sub-server, you could just put the first 2 letters of their IGN, then press tab and their name would pop up. After that, you type your message. Also, you could just use the up arrow key to find your old message and just erase that message and replace it with a new message. I understand what you mean in your issue and it has happened to me and I am sure it happened to other players but I don't think it would be necessary to add this feature. Again, just my opinion. Have a great day/night!

mxbel likes this.
  4. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi!
    I have doubt in this idea because as JustBeChill has stated there is no point for this to be added to mccentral as it is easier to just type the first letters of the person's name and press tab. If your idea would be incorporated into the game there would be no point for the /r anymore as you cannot reply quickly. Although I occasionally myself /r the wrong person it is still a very useful command ingame and it should not be tampered with because you sent a message to the wrong person.
    Thank you for your time
    ~HH_Captain

JustBeChill likes this.
  5. Josh

Just manually type in their username? It takes a second.

mxbel likes this.
  6. Spiriten

Spiriten
    If you mean up arrow as in arrow keys, this isn't really possibly. That's default mapped to last sent message / command and will do that. MCC does not have its own client so it cannot change base features like that at will. And overall, if you have that many people you're messaging, just type their names

7. Scotian

Scotian
    I second this. The plugin and coding required to implement a base-feature change is complex and may not even be possible in this scenario. To be honest, this is a small and nuanced thing and I don't feel like the time it would take to change it would be ultimately worth it. I'm not saying that you don't have a point, because /r does have the inherent flaws which you pointed out, however I couldn't see an easy way for this to be implemented.

Instead, use the command /m. It's the same as /msg, just a shortened version, and it takes a fraction more of a second to type /m <username> opposed to /r.

Let me know what you think!

- Mike

Spiriten likes this.
  8. german900

Huh I did not realize this, but I suppose that makes sense. Thank you good sir.

9. german900

Yeah I suppose it's not worth the time for this feature - thanks for the feedback!

JustBeChill likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.