Quests

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by GLOCKPRINCESS, Oct 15, 2019.

1. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    As the sky block season is coming to an end, several players are quitting this sub-server due to boredom. One thing that would keep players compelled to play on sky block is having clear objectives, goals, and quests that actually help the progression of people's islands.

At the moment, quests do exist, however they are usually unnecessary activities. Examples of these insignificant quests (quests I have actually seen) are break 100 sunflowers, eat 150 bread, craft 210 pistons.

Although these quests provide an ultimatum, thus drawing more players to complete them, it is coherent that majority of these quests do not serve a greater purpose. These disadvantageous quests are not only impractical, but also are superfluous in the sense that they are extremely redundant tasks that would easily bore anyone.

I understand that quests may be advantageous to players due to their rewards, however I think they can be made more enjoyable and practical.

koh7 likes this.
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hellu! i completely see where you're comming from and agree with most points. The point of skyblock is a basically economy.. it's an endless sweat for money and higher island level, which is why i think the quests that exist are fine the way they are. Although there are more objectives to this subserver n' such, that's mostly how i see skyblock.
    I agree that the examples you gave are "insignificant", but it's not like quests are hard to do. if anything, those and the break X amount of cobble are the easiest. the type of quests that really chap my chops are the ones that involve enchanting and mining ores i think if better quests were implemented, there'd still be those ueless ones, like encahnt 7 golden leggings.
    Most of the quests aren't hard to complete, they just take some sweat, tryhard, and dedication. The daily, monthly, and weekly quests are set up the way they are if that makes sense.

overall, i would like to see less useless quests being implemented, but i don't think the quests would get some do-over like how you described it. i'm p neutral about this idea so +0

have a great day!
    ~PUPOSAURUS

3. koh7

Rename these "quests" to challenges

And then for actual quests, have actual, applicable SB objectives.

4. iiSean

iiSean_
    Challenges and quests are the same thing, /c works as well as /quests

puposaurus likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.