PVP-related Ideas

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by mxbel, Feb 14, 2020.

1. mxbel

mxbel
    So, it has come to my attention whenever I'm on, there has been multiple instances of PVP players who are solely talking in chat to talk to each other. Here is my idea of resolving this:

Having a PVP based chat

This would allow PVP players to talk to people solely in PVP, so chat spam will be reduced. This chat can be for people in PVP, so that whenever people are in the Warzone, they can only talk in the PVP chat. I've thought it over quite a bit, and I've come to realize some problems:

-People in PVP wouldn't be able to see the normal chat. And what if they want to advertise their shops/ see other people's texts?

My solution for this is to have people in the Warzone to be only able to talk in the PVP chat, but they would be able to see the normal chat. In addition, they can be given a command to toggle the PVP chat if they would like to chat in the general chat, such as /togglepvp. (Similarly, if people that are not in the Warzone want to talk in the PVP chat, they can /togglepvp as well).

-How will staff be able to see the PVP chat?

I don't really have a solution for this one, however, I feel that most of the punishments done by staff are based off of CR's (usually.), and CR's would record all of the players' chats, including the PVP chat.

Another idea I have is Gang fights.

The idea of 'gang fights' seems rather appealing to me. Last season, when I was more PVP-heavy, I noticed that a lot of the gangs get players online to have so-called 'gang fights.' However, from these fights, not much is won or lost unless someone QD's (quickdrops). Making it an official 'gang fight' would have both gangs place bets, similar to how Wager Duels work.

-How will Gang Fights work?

Players will do a command that starts a 'gang fight' with another gang, i.e. /gangfight or /gangduel [insert gang]. (Only Gang Leaders would be able to use this command). This would be after a mutually established bet (Such as valuable items, P4, Gapples, Swords, ETC.), and a pop-up screen similar to the Wager Duel will allow both sides to put in the items. Players will then have randomized 1-on-1 matches, which allows both gangs to watch, for x amount of points given to the winning side each time. At the end, the gang with the most amount of points wins.

-What if my gang has less players than their gang? And what if players are not online?

The number of fights will be dependent on the number of online players of the gang with the most members. For example, if a gang had 8 members on, and the other only had 4, then there would be a total of 8 matches, with the 4 member gang having to go twice.

TL;DR: New idea - PVP chats and Gang Fights

This is the end of my post, thank you so much if you read all of it, and please do give me feedback/your opinions. It's much appreciated <3. Have a great day.

ItsDrakonz72 likes this.
  2. iluvu

Hello mxbel, while I understand the point of both of these features and appreciate effort that was clearly put in this post, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with both.

PVP Chat - While I understand hearing those who pvp talk trash to each other constantly can be annoying, I think it is important to consider that the pvp area (and its players) are a part of Prison too, and an important one at that. Isolating them from the rest of the community like this just to cut down on chat messages is completely wrong in my opinion, especially when you have several accounts that are just spamming (not to the extent of rule breaking of course but you know what I mean) plot advertisements or other features, and they should not be treated as if they are separate. Now you mentioned (and this may be a counterargument as well) that there are options to turn the chat on and off so that they may still communicate, but then my question is what is the point of this feature? Messaging outside of the warzone while you are in pvp can be pretty important (which is another point against this idea, also note those who stand in warzone but don't pvp), but you already know everyone in the pvp area is going to turn that feature right off and not have a second thought about it. This makes the feature pretty much useless and just an unnecessary command that members will have to begrudgingly input whenever they are on an alt account or etc. If you believe that a chat rule should be implemented based around this (it would have to be to enforce anyone using this chat), then it would have to be applied to every subserver and it would result in swarms of mutes being dealt out due to them not talking in the right chat, which is something I don't believe any of the community wants or wants to have to follow. I would also like to mention that there is point of an outside of wz chat command as the pvpers can already see these messages according your suggestion.

TLDR - this is a very exclusionary feature that ultimately (due to the workaround commands) does not accomplish anything, although the initial idea comes from a perspective that the pvpers of prison are not on the same subserver as the pvers / those who do both, which is harmful thinking when fostering, growing and maintaining a community.

Gang Fights (Formal) - My main contention with this idea is that it takes the pvp out of the pvp area. If you add this (or push towards a system where wager duels are encouraged over warzone combat), the pvp area (as well as the items contained with in) will continue to depreciate in value until what used to be such a prominent aspect of prison becomes a ghost town, one that even sits right outside of spawn. Realistically I don't believe that this would happen as the organization of gang fights in that manner would likely never happen, but it certainly has the potential to, and would definitely at least remove that portion of pvp from spawn (which I am sure is a treat to be a part of / spectate). I also disagree with your solution to number disparities between gangs, as this would likely exclude some players from gang fighting entirely which is harmful for reasons I am sure I don't need to explain. For example, if you are a gang leader and know you and your friend are the best pvpers in it, would you not force log your other members so that you and them may take up all of the pvp slots? It does not matter if you have to go two, three or even four times if you know that you have a much better chance of besting the other gang in this way. Overall, I feel that the item pool and number systems you have suggested here are not in the spirit of what a gang fight is or why it happens. Items are a part of it, but the real achievement from pvp is owning the warzone, saying that it belongs to you. If this value is stripped from it, what is the point of prison pvp at all?

TLDR - Gang fights through duel are against the spirit of gang fighting and discourage warzone use as well as remove the value from it, and doing this to one of the sources of lifeblood on prison is not something that should be encouraged.

If I have misread / made an error / am wrong about any of these things I would encourage you or another poster to correct me, but with consideration of all the information I currently have, both of these ideas would ultimately do more harm than good.

ItsDrakonz72 likes this.
  3. mxbel

mxbel
    First and foremost, thank you so much for reading my post & giving me a substantial amount of effort in the reply, it’s very much appreciated <3.

In response to your reply, I would like to agree with most of the things you are saying, and I agree that it would make things more complicated. It was just a cute idea I had and would love to see others’ opinions about it.

Have a great Valentine’s Day, and thank you for the amazing technical reply, it has broadened my thoughts by a lot.

iluvu likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.