Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Private mines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerie_, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Jerie_

Jerie
    why cant there be a thing called privatemines (perk) that u can get from keys (Ancient, Mythic) where u get it and u can have it open for other people to mine or just u alone and u start of with cobblestone then u can upgrade the private mine in the same way u /rankup so u can go all the way up to full dia mine where u can mine and earn money fast but there have to be EXPENSIVE to upgrade to full dia. just something i wold like to see. and if u have the mine open for other people u get like a parentage of what they get or u get tokens from it..... idk. let me know if u wold do anthing else (like and comment so staff can see this)

2. GamingEnder98

I really like that idea to be honest as it would be less annoying/bothersome for those who just wants to mine in peace and the upgrading part as well as how to get it would work as well 10/10

3. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey there Herman!

This sounds like a great idea but unfortunately, I do not think it will be implemented. If over 300 different mines were being used at the same time (one for every player) it could take a toll on the server's performance which could hinder other player's gameplay due to the unnecessary strain on the server.

Have a nice day! :)

Jerie_ and mxbel like this.
  4. mxbel

mxbel
    Assuming you’re talking about Prison (There’s a Prison sub-forums for future reference), I agree with 89p’s point, the lag difference could be huge.

On another note, when considering the fact that you’d have to make a whole other seperate ore list for every mine in your personal mine, it’d be useless because every time you rankup, you’re not going to use the previous mine anymore, and it would just be a waste of space on the server. Consider multiplying that by the amount of people who will get the perk.

In addition, if every player had that many mines, there would be no point for A-Z mines, as players would want to mine by themselves and not with other people. Currently in prison, as far as I can see, mine so are generally empty except for when there’s a 2x, so even if it were added, I don’t see it being used.

Thanks for taking the time on creating and posting this idea, but I don’t believe it will be added, -1 from me. Have a good day.

(Staff can see posts even if no one likes or comments by the way)

ItsDavld and 89p like this.
  5. Minninq

Minninq
    Hello I see what you are saying but the thing with this there is already about 30 mines being used at the same time on the server (Including the ones that are at /warp pvp etc.) So adding this will lag the server horribly. Now during the beginning there is no way this would work the server would crash every 2 seconds if they added this add the beginning of a season because there is probably about 400 people online on that subserver etc a private mine for everyone would be horrible. Now on top of that later in the season for say a month in it has settle down a bit and you can see the clear prison community who are going to play for most of that season. Won't be as much lag at all because later mining becomes not very good but if they ever want to bring mining back as the main source of money the server would just not be able to have this the server would lag worse than what it does now.

6. ItsDavld

DanTheACGuy
    Hi Herman Volden,
    I really like this idea. The idea is very good but perks costs money. If this was to be a thing. I can see only one mine and it being all Emerald and Diamond. At Rank Z, the mine is still Emerald, Diamond, and Lapis. I see many people that hate the mine as there is Lapis in it. With this perk, it will allow people to have full access to a mine with just Emerald and Diamond. This perk would be given from keys and I think that this mine should have it so that it sells more than Z mine. But not too much so it's OP. Like most other perks, they're not too OP.
    The Idea you had of players ranking up with this perk from A to Z wouldn't be much of a benefit as it's the same thing as the regular mines. It's just an idea.
    Also I highly doubt there is going to be a mine with just Diamond. That would be too OP and would be unfair. Plus Z mine has Lapis, Emerald, and Diamond. So for there to be a full diamond is a bit unrealistic.

Please let me know of the ideas I have added onto your thread. If you are against this or would like to add something, please feel free! I am open to ideas. With that being said, I hope you have a great rest of your day.

-ItsDavid

mxbel likes this.
  7. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hello Herman,
    As everyone has already said this idea is creative but faulty as there would be big prison server lags and no point in the A-Z mines as everyone is using their own private mines to obtain money. Although your idea has some creativity it needs to be thought into with more depth, maybe there could be limited private mines that people can get from mythical keys. For instance maybe at the start of a season the whole server only has the chance to get 15 private mines from mythical chests making it that there are no lag spikes and more use for the A-Z mines.
    Another idea to make the private mines work in prison next season would be that the private mines make the same amount of money as one of the highest mines ( V-Z ) and not making money any higher than mine Z.
    ~HH_Captain

8. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello,

I feel that having your own private mines may potentially cause lag with the resources the server has already running prison currently. I do believe though, that something like prestige mines should be added, a little extra bonus for those who rankup to sell ores for more and to give another extra little boost on top of the extra .1 sell booster that we can already get.

Thanks
    Incarnati0n_

9. bearwi

araramarela
    Hello,
    I think this is a great idea.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.