Prison /warp tutorial

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Rev3rse, May 2, 2020.

1. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    Just like Survival, I believe the Prison subservers should have a /warp tutorial with information. There are quite a few moving parts on Prison and there is somewhat of a learning curve to try to understand the economy system, creating ChestShops, using tokens, etc. A /warp tutorial room that shows how to use these different aspects of the server would be beneficial to all players, especially those who are just starting out.

I constantly see players in the chat asking how to create a ChestShop. While there is a tutorial on the forums, having a /warp tutorial would help ease this process as players would not need to log on to the website to view. Additionally, different sources of information are currently scattered - ie: /token and /key give info about their respective functions. Centralizing all of these tutorials in a single place would be helpful to always know where to refer to.

mcrcus likes this.
  2. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Howdy! I think this is a pretty good idea! I've been playing prison a lot lately for the first time, and I had to ask an experienced prison player how to create a ChestShop. I think that this should be looked into, and added onto the server
    <3

Rev3rse likes this.
  3. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Heyo, I'd like you to know there is already an area with all of this. Its here on the forums. After going /help and navigating to your subserver of choice, it has all of the features listed in the pinned post (updated each season). There even was a /warp tutorial in the past, but it was found ineffective and easier to access on the forums. Overall, -1

Edit: And theres no need to even log on. Its all already centralized and it'd be a waste of the budget that MCC could put towards gameplay

#3 Spiriten, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  4. kay

kay

kaykay6789
    i agree! as stated in this thread, there is already a chest tutorial on the website, i think it would be nice to see it incorporated in game!
    it is hard to figure out how to start a chest shop and the right wording for the chests and not everyone is aware and/or active on forums.
    i think it would help a lot of confused people (myself included) & give them a chance to better understand the game!

5. Rev3rse

Rev3rse

6. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Exactly. What is the point. I explained how easy it is to navigate and find this info and youre defense is restating your arguement?

7. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    Please note that multiple subservers currently have a /warp tutorial to introduce how the server works. Survival's tutorial has a ChestShop tutorial, plot tutorial, and overall server tutorial. SkyBlock's tutorial also has these guides. Creative has a /warp worledit to explain the basic commands and uses. Just because these tutorials are available on the forums does not mean that it is unnecessary to provide an in-game guide.

As a new Rookie who has joined Prison for the first time, what would be easier: attempting to find the link to the forums, navigating to the Prison forum, looking for the guide to understand how tokens work... THEN having to navigate to a completely different FAQ section of the forums to understand how to create a ChestShop? Or just typing in a quick, self explanatory /warp tutorial and having all of the necessary information all in once place for them to refer to?

I'm not saying that there's any issue with the guides that are currently published on the forums. I'm saying that just because these exist for reference does not mean that an in-game tutorial is useless. This is made apparent by the fact that players ask basic questions all the time in the chat, and are not redirecting to the forums for their answer.

Similarly, rank perks for each server are displayed prominently in-game on a board. But, why do we have that if players could just navigate to the website's store and read the perks there themselves? Players are looking for the easiest way to get the information they need, and this would provide the quickest route.

8. Spiriten

Spiriten
    I like how you havent even tested any of the theorys you have.

A: You do not need to navigate multiple places. You simply go to the pinned thread on the subserver forum you need, and it has all the info. There are no seperate FAQ's or threads you need.

B: The warp rank is because it isnt listed elsewhere. The perks change game by game, so you need to know. Its not on the store, its not on the forums, so it needs a spot. Plus, its there for marketing reasons.

C: The reason why those games in specific have tutorial areas is because of niche reasons. Chestshop is almost universal across all economy based servers, so it is common to have to deal with it. But a player who is on the recieving end of a server will not usually know how worldedit works as they dont use it everywhere they go. Same with skyblock. Skyblock has custom features that can be percieved as confusing and uncommon, so it has a tutorial.

D: A Warp Tutorial would be slow to find information. How would it be sorted? Is it all just in a straight line? Maybe alphabetically? On the forums you just ctrl + f and search what you need in the guide. It takes less than 3 seconds to find what you're looking for.

9. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/token, /key, Upgradeable Pickaxes, Prestiging, /gamble, /cf, Sell Wands, Rename Scrolls, Holoskull, to name a few.

The server has put together multiple /warp tutorials before, as mentioned. I'm sure they won't struggle with deciding its layout.

I rest my case.

10. Spiriten

Spiriten
    I honestly do not see anything that doesn't prove my point in here. Yes, there are multiple threads containing info on chestshop. Can you cause why? Its cross server bud. The prison faq, believe it or not, contains info on tokens and chestshop! Amazing, right?

Okay, so, I haven't used the shop since the redesign. You still picked one of my points there since you aren't able to dispute the other. The board in-game serves as marketing. Its not really there to teach players, but rather to lure them in.

C: Those aren't niche at all. Nearly all prison servers have all of those. The commands stay nearly the same everywhere. If it's common, doesn't need to be explained.

D: Do you know why warp tutorial was removed? I've stated this before but someone avoids what they can't defend against. It was ineffective and slow. Wasted builders and staffs time. With such common things chat can easily answer or the forums.

Please test your ideas before arguing them.

Edit: At this point, let's stop. We both have our own opinions which are differing and have evidence supporting them both. Let's agree to disagree and not argue

#10 Spiriten, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Rev3rse likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.