Prison Wager Duel Maps

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Ardastrafe, Mar 1, 2020.

?

More Wager Duel Maps?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. Ardastrafe

Hi Forum peoples, I have thought about this for a while and how the wager duel map has yet to change and I'm currently working on some new ones (bigger) so you have a better experience so you're not always against a wall. I think the wager duel maps should have viroity and a choice of what map you can pick when you duel someone rather than that small map and some new things to interest players. Yes, I know it is not making you money, etc. for the server. It would be a simple plugin added to do this. 1+ If you agree

Thank You

2. iSloth

iSloth
    Hi, I do not agree with this idea. First of all, I like the small map because it makes fights quicker and lets you wall-combo people. I think a larger map could be annoying and unnecessary. Secondly, I think people should be working on building more important things than wager duels maps, for example, new mine builds or minigame maps. Overall, I disagree with this idea because it is unnecessary and not something that should have time spent on while there are other more important things. Have a nice day!

3. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey, Ardastrafe I do not agree with having more wager duel maps. The reason for this is because it is unnecessary and it takes time out of someone's day. Second of all because the duel doesn't know take that long since it is only two players doing a duel. I only understand if it five or more players duels because it takes more time. Third of all the two players duels do not need a larger map area because it is not needed and plus the duel arena is a good enough size as of now. Overall it is a -1 for me for the more prison wager duel maps idea and have a good day or night.

4. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi!
    I agree with you as the duel maps are very compact and small but do tend to get boring and it would be more fun if there we different maps like in arenapvp. Also the duel place is quite a confined space meaning you cannot run away from your opponent for longer than a few second therefore i suggest that the maps should scale a size up and new duel maps should be added to the game.
    ~HH_Captain

5. Ardastrafe

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I am working on a few of my own maps at the moment. The maps I'm making are not as big as arena PVP maps because that's unnecessary. I am not a fan of the map since I play pot PVP and UCH and it's notably uncomfortable not having space to pot, build and it soon becomes hard to get a good fight. I understand why people say no because they may not know the size I'm making, or think of it as Arena Pvp. The build I'm working on barley even fits in the plot size! That's a bit of an upgrade to the current size. If any would be down to make more maps I would be glad to help and get this idea out there. @RaptorMission95 how does having a bigger map take time out of someone's day ? could you please explain that so I could make improvements maybe? @iSloth I love building its something I do to relax and what suggestions do you have for me? The mine for prison wilderness may not be possible due to Alex Markey having a different build team for him.

I am aiming to do Wager Duels due to its neglect and no one caring enough to even touch it because it doesn't make money like most of the mini-games. I am willing to try to make around 4-5 maps and submit them. For wager duels, there needs to be a choice of maps, etc so I'm willing for help and anyone to give me ideas!
    I am open to suggestions if you would want me to build for different mini-games unless its something really big such as a CTF map.

Thank You.

6. seekingattention

seekingattention
    I definitely think the arena should be larger, it's extremely annoying how narrow it is and how frequently someone gets stuck in a wall or corner and that just ruins the flow of the fight. Not only in pot fights, but especially in a build uhc duel, there's so little room to move around, and the compactness of the map makes it much less enjoyable.
    I obviously cannot guarantee that your map(s) will be used by the server, but I do encourage you to go through with it if that's what you aspire to do, you never know, it could end up getting added :]

ThorKingOfAsgard likes this.
  7. Ardastrafe

Thank You very much, I am continuing to build and see what I can do.

Thank You

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.