Prison Season 8 | Suggestions and ideas | Open to Discussion

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Filiplayz, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    Season 8 Suggestions and editions
    In this thread, I will be discussing possible improvements and additions for the Soon approaching season. I have gone ahead and put together simple examples of some ideas and suggestions that have been listed below.

This thread is an extension of my previous thread in June
    if you wish to take a look at that thread as well you can view it here

Before we get started I would like to mention that these are just ideas and suggestions, I am fully open to feedback and criticism. At the end of the day, it's up to the community. Feel free to expand on my ideas!
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Warp Portals

The idea is simple, players will be able to obtain skulls similar to HolographicSkulls Just that instead of generating holograms, The player would be able to place portals on their plot that can be linked to,
    • Warp pvp
    • Spawn
    • Plotworld
    Players will be able to Break the portal by RIGHT clicking the middle of the portal. doing so will bring up a small GUI allowing the player to choose between Destroying the portal and Modifying the existing warp location. unfortunately, I was not able to add this to my demonstration above due to time constraints.
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Combat tag action bar timer

This suggestion is pretty self-explanatory, It would be nice for players to be able to see the amount of time they have left in combat. Having an action bar timer is simple and effective. This feature would be toggleable by running the following command, /toggle Combattimer Or /combattimer.
    Larger sell shop capacities

For many players such as myself, their main way of making money is by utilizing sell shops. The main problem is that sell shops fill up too fast forcing owners to essentially filling their entire plot with signs and chests. This causes the client to load a very large amount of entities causing large frame drops.

Solution
    While there is no simple answer, iv come up with a few potential solutions.

1. Allow for expanded chests using either a perk or just chests that are linked to a sell sign in general, This could be done by having a simple "multipage" where you would essentially be able to flip through 2 (for example) pages of a chest by clicking on a glass pane at the bottom of the chest UI. Unfortunately, it would be too difficult to just simply "make the chest have more slots" its possible but it wouldn't be practical. This is the only way I see this solution working
    2. Allow players to link one sign to multiple chests. While in my opinion, this is a little weird it would severely decrease the number of entities (signs in this case) therefore improving frames. While it doesn't take the chest count down it will severely decrease the number of signs used
    Personally, I think number 2 isn't a really good idea however it's a viable solution. I'm am open to feedback and happy to hear your ideas regarding this problem.

This section was inspired by a thread made by KierenBoal I just thought I would elaborate on his suggestion. you can find his thread here

Contreversial ideas/suggestions
    Add more Events to prisons
    [​IMG]

Having more daily events could make prison more enjoyable for example sumo. This new event could take place once every 8 hours for example between LMS. This would NOT be a replacement to LMS just a new kind of event. I'm just giving sumo as an example but there are many other game modes that could be turned into quick and simple events. I feel like this would keep players on and give them something more to do between LMS.

Enderpearls and Climbing

In past seasons, makes were much more exciting mostly due to the fact that they were larger and you could Climb on trees and structures. Personally I would love to be able to do that again however clearly that would mean disabling ender pearls. This is the mean reason you can't climb on anything this season. it's due to the fact that it would be to easy to log by pearling onto a tree or structure. I'm hoping that next season we could have a balance between still being able to climb some trees and still having pearls

I'm neutral to this and personally I wouldn't be upset if they disabled pearls to bring back the ability to climb on structures. Honestly, it makes pvp much more fun. I'm happy to hear Feedback regarding this topic as I would love to know what all your opinions are regarding climbing!

The map

[​IMG]

I want to end off by talking about the map. it feels like over the years we have been able to do less and less on them. Personally, the maps became bland and boring once there wasn't much terrain and you were no longer able to climb on things.

At the time that this thread is released, This wouldn't really have much of an impact as most likely next season is around the corner and the map would have been finalized by now however I thought it would be an interesting talking point!

Final Note
    I wish nothing but the best for the future of prisons on this server and I really hope that this coming seasons the developers were more open to feedback. While I would love to see some ideas that the community and I have suggested, its nearly the end of the season and personally I'm not expecting any of this to get added in as they would already be finalizing and testing. However the addition I would hope that at least they could include the simple config changes that people have been asking for.

You can view a well-made thread by KierenBoal by clicking here

He has come up with some interesting ideas as well
    Thank You for taking the time to read my thread! here's a cookie!

puposaurus, Ahnxious and BlockyBeach like this.
  2. Alansar_trignot

Alansar_Trignot
    With the map, I liked the map when I first ever joined and the edge was blue stained glass that would kill you after being on it for a while

ImRex likes this.
  3. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    I miss the old maps to be honest. They were bigger, you could climb on things and the terrain wasn't flat. I hope they bring back the old style. Couldn't agree more!

maaaya and Alansar_trignot like this.
  4. Alansar_trignot

Alansar_Trignot
    Same here, actually I also remember climbing to the top of the lobby in the pvp arena, it was fun watching everyone from the highest point of the map

5. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    Good suggestions, Filiplayz!
    - I really like your suggestion about "Portal Skulls" - this would make transport and movement around a plot much easier (me with my skyscrapers again). However, there are practical issues such as people trapping using portal skulls, which is legal but annoying.
    - Combat tag is a must (you're reading a post from a runner).
    - Larger sell shop capacities: Good idea! I discussed feedback for this idea on KieranBoal's thread. Here is a snippet from that post:

"This is interesting. The idea (increase people's framerates) is good, but it also means that Sell Wands become much less useful (You can get these with voting keys). You might also have to configure this to be used with hoppers and other redstone devices.
    Also, what happens if someone breaks a supermassive chest full of items? Would it release all the items? Destroy them all? Crash the server?"

- More events: Yes.
    - Enderpearls: I have an enderpearl shop :(
    - The map: It is currently quite flat and boring, and I agree it needs a change.

Have a nice day!

6. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    Thank you for the feedback. I really hope the next map will have more elevation and open. maybe without a wall even. i just miss the old map styles, it would change everything.

BlockyBeach likes this.
  7. Mikiih_

Heyo! I agree with this post it would be really cool if there were more events so prison would be much more interactive and welcome to new players

8. Alansar_trignot

Alansar_Trignot
    i just got an idea, add the need for food, and if not, add food products, like melons, ore something...
    i just feel this would be cool since i kinda need melons for decor

Mikiih_ likes this.
  9. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    The need for food (lack of the need) is the one thing I think is most underrated on MCC Prison.
    Without the need for food you can grind/mine for several hours straight, without eating a thing - therein lies the main grinding essence of Prison.
    Otherwise, you might have to stop every 20 minutes to find another stack of steak or something.

10. Alansar_trignot

Alansar_Trignot
    I’m sorry, but what do you mean by underrated?

11. Looneyy

Looneyy
    Is that portal plugin public? Would love to try it out!

12. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    What I mean is more unappreciated. When you don't have to eat in MCC Prison, and you compare that to basically every other minecraft prison server there is out there, you find that we are the only ones with no usage of the hunger bar - which is very good :D

13. Ahnxious

Emiies
    I just gotta say... I envy your organization in forums posts. I think you're ideas are pretty cool ngl.

14. Sugar_Girl2

I am suggesting chunk loaders. I don't want to break my computer by afking all the time.

15. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    Yay! SEASON 8 is here!
    Hopefully some of this stuff is in it :D

16. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    Thank you. well its a little late but im happy I at least got to share my ideas. Cant wait for September 4th!

Ahnxious likes this.
  17. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    h
    highly doubt it. While plugins like these are not difficult to make, it takes time to test and ensure. everything was probably finalised at least 2 weeks to a month ago. however I hope they took the community requests for config changes!

18. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! your ideas seem great.. to add on and/or comment on some of them—

for the combat tag, i think rather than doing a plugin like that, they could just make it like kitpvp where it’s in your scoreboard, but then also your scoreboard might get busy since prison has lots info there.

as for events, i think that would be a really fun idea. sumo seems like fun especially since the sommunity has been suggesting it for arena and it’s yet to happen and ik there’s chunk of players who go on minemen’s sumo. the only thing that i’m not sure if it’s necessarily a problem but it’s the lagback prison and mcc in general has. due to things like the lagback and some players having super high ping (more so au players), i think it either a. could be a little harder to do sumo or even a b. where braindead staff are false banning for something stupid like antikb or (here’s something more braindead) auto w tap or even just doing lots of ss’s that prolly weren’t needed since it was lag not a client thing. earlier this season (season7) i really enjoyed the plot contests as pvp and such isn’t everyone’s tango in prison and there are builders...

climbing would be a lot more fun to bring back especially since it was just different ways for people to pvp, like the no shows who hide in trees and think bowing people from above works (although like almost no one does this anymore).. but even subs like kit have this (again not effective but it’s there).
    for the map i 100% agree with you and even made a post about it at beginning of season7 but it was kinda dead (you’re prolly not interested, but you can see it here)

some other things i personally would like to see is putting more use to tokens so they aren’t just sitting there in people’s chests and they get inflated so quickly since there’s nothing else to do with them except for them to be sold. also an increase in price of spawners as prison season goes on, maybe every month it increases something small like 1.5% so it’s not super different than other seasons but also they don’t stay the same price, and i have a low % just as little “dip in the water” kinda feel.

anyways great post i really liked the format of it all :)

Filiplayz and Xermes like this.
  19. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    I completely agree with you on sumo, While it would be really fun, it would be very ping based. I still think it would be great setting aside the likeliness of staff members false banning players. Correctly identifying cheaters can be difficult at times in gamemodes like sumo so its understandable that false bans would happen but I hope staff members would at least be trained in a sumo scenario as it things behave differently. I doubt my suggestions would be added in simply due to the fact that I suggested them so late but I hope they listened to previous community requests for this season. From what iv seen so far I think there are gonna be some big changes and I cant wait. thank you for taking the time to read my post :)

puposaurus likes this.
  20. Filiplayz

Filiplayz
    i considered putting that in the thread but if they include chunk loaders like on skyblock, than it will essentially just be a race for who gets the most spawners in the first few weeks. 24/7 afk will take over after 30 to 50 spawners. and it would kill the economy.

As for your pc dying, try using a console client. It will put a much smaller load on your pc.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post :)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.