Prison rankup system suggestion

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Elecctricc, May 26, 2021.

1. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Heyo!

I've been playing prison a lot more since I've returned and a reoccurring topic in my head is the rankup system in the server and how it seems somewhat antiquated compared to the other systems in the server, for example; the introduction of private mines along with the robots, and the custom enchants.

My proposition is to introduce a more streamlined way to rankup, rather than spamming /rankup. In the image below, shows enough blocks to represent all ranks in prison (alphabetical ranks):

Screenshot at May 26 11-40-47.png

The green blocks represents the ranks I could buy by simply clicking on them; while the red blocks represents the ones I don't have enough money for;

Screenshot at May 26 11-41-34.png

As I said, this small change will remove the need to spam /rankup and clumping up their chat as a result of said spam;

Screenshot at May 26 11-42-00.png

This is more of a quality of life rather than some gamechanging suggestion; if the minigames, other subservers and even features of prison are going to be modernised, I feel like the most integral part of prison should also be updated.

I understand the developers have more pressing matters to attend with currently (minigames ect) however when development for the next prison reset starts it would be great to see this have some recognition!

Have a nice day gang!

BlockyBeach and luvbri like this.
  2. Atsserretni

I like the idea but they won’t add this due to this being “unnecessary” good idea though

3. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello Elecctricc!
    I fully agree with this since when I am playing prison and then I have enough I just spam /rankup till I can't it would be nice and knowing how much times you can rankup and would look cleaner then just doing /rankup.
    Thats why its called a "quality of life" feature, its not supposed to be amazing, its supposed to make everything better.
    All in all, I like this suggestion and definitely see this being adding in the future. +1

4. guih

guihzy
    Yo
    I mained prison for a long while, and I can see a good point in your suggestion. Spamming /rankup to achieve a desired rank can not only get annoying because of the spam in chat, but also pretty tiring, as you’d have to open chat and hit your up arrow countless times. I don’t think, however, that a whole new GUI is required for that. In my opinion, modifying the current /rankup command so that you’re able to type /rankup <desired rank> would be good enough. If the person does not meet the requirements to rank up to the desired rank (them being either missing credits or insufficient amount of blocks mined, in case of prestiges) a message would be sent in their chat box, updating them about the requirements for their desired rank.

5. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    Hiya :D

I can see that this had alot of thought gone into it but I personally see this as unnecessary. Saving money for a prestige doesn't happen every hour. For me, it happens every few weeks that I prestige, so even though this is annoying, I don't see this happened often enough to be changed. Nonetheless I wouldn't be mad if this was added, but it's just something I wouldn't use on a daily basis.

6. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Thank you! as @Present said, this is more of a quality of life update, not an essential change but rather a polish to the server:)

I appreciate the kind words! Cheers bro!

I did think a GUI was slightly overkill, but then the benefit to the GUI is that it visualises the ranks and also modernises the ranking system - As for your adjustment I would say that is a good viable alternative as it would still provide the information needed however I do feel that it would still be antiquated compared to other parts of the server. Although I still overall think that your adjustment is a great ! Thank you @guih <3

Good to see a comparison to the niche here! I mostly thought that this system would be most beneficial to newer players who are ranking up more consistently, and therefore allows them to quickly rank-up. Thanks for the insight @DarkBeastPro :))

7. luvbri

luvbri
    Hey there Elecctricc, hope you are having a great day.

I see all the POVs from the replies so far and have to agree with the response from @guih. A new GUI isn't necessary for this, but definitely the addition of typing the letter of the desired mine would be beneficial to all players who prefer to save up and bulk their rank-ups, and with that I would hope to see a message like "You need $(amount) more to successfully rank-up to this level." or really something similar to accompany the error.

Another suggestion, and it is one that I use for other different command responses is to use the chat filter add-ons that accompany clients like LabyMod to hide the spammed messages, as it's an easy way for the player to be happier without any drastic changes needed to be made to the server to accompany it.

All in all, this is a great thread and I'm loving the responses so far. Keep up the good work.

Elecctricc likes this.
  8. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I am thank you!:)

I really only see the addition of the adjustment if the server gives details to how much it would take to get to the certain rank, then again to a new players I can't see the addition being incredibly friendly as there isn't much to prompt them to what rank to get to or have an understanding of the prison economy. That's just want I think but I'll give some more thought to how a compromise could be reached:)

That is true! Good thinking !

Again, thank you for your response!
    Have a good one c:

9. lavoova the grape

lavoova
    Hey,

I can completely agree with this idea. Typing the /rankup command over and over again can be a bit inconvenient and time consuming. With your suggestion it makes ranking up almost and instant process. By adding this feature no one is being affected but its makes ranking up a lot quicker and easier. I am 100% a +1 on this idea.

Have a lovely rest of your day/night!
    -lavoova

BlockyBeach and Elecctricc like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.