[Prison] Pick EXP Multipliers

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by ThiccBooty, Oct 21, 2020.

?

What are your thoughts on these ideas?

1. I like the DMine one!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I dislike the DMine one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like the Prestige one!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I dislike the Prestige one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like the Donator one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I dislike the Donator one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I like all of them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I dislike all of them!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. ThiccBooty

ThiccBooty
    Hiya!

I've come up with a few ideas related to Pick EXP multipliers and donor ranks, and I figured I'd share them here to gauge how the community feels. I know a lot of people will think that some of these are P2W, and that is completely reasonable - but a majority of the ideas would require any donor rank (Coal -> Immortal) or be completely free.

Increased Pick EXP in Dmine:
    People currently see the donator mine as a route to get to S mine, as after that any items sold to dMine will be done so at a loss.
    We could change this, and give players another reason to donate / do IRL deals, as this would be a one-of-a-kind feature for Coal -> Immortal. Simply increase the Pickaxe EXP amount when mining in the donator mine (an additional .2x? .5x?).

This kinda makes sense, as instead of mining ores, you're mining full blocks, which could be consider to 'drop' more EXP.

Pick EXP increases based on prestige:
    This one's kinda self-explainatory. Each time you prestige, you get a slight pick EXP boost. This increase could be very minor and basically just be an additional perk to prestiging.

Pick EXP booster for different ranks:
    A relatively simple concept. Give each level of donator rank an additional .1x EXP increase.

#1 ThiccBooty, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  2. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    I agree with this idea. What I think they should add are the Prestige and the Rank multiplier. This would encourage people to want to donate and to prestige. Feeling the need to get a better booster would make people want to play longer a day. This would increase player's playtime. One reason i got my rank was so that i could get a sell multiplier. I also prestiged for the same reason
    Overall +1 from me

3. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I like the idea, just not the way you put it. Making it so there is an XP boost based on ranks, or on the Dmine, is a bit pay to win. This server has already had a huge problem with being pay to win, and they are slowly fixing that, but there's no need to add more things that would make the server more pay to win. If we do that we make no progress on getting a balanced server. People with ranks only want things that would give them a personal advantage instead of thinking about what's best for the server, the community, and others.

Overall, I want to see this, but maybe as a pickaxe upgrade instead.

4. ThiccBooty

ThiccBooty
    Hiya,

Although I agree with you - the problem is that you have to sell your ideas to both the staff team, Alex, AND the playerbase.

Sadly, to appeal to everyone, something that appeals to the server's financial side should probably show up somewhere in an idea like this. Similarly to how sales multipliers are linked to both prestiging and rank upgrades - this idea would be a very similar thing.

5. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I also see your POV, but this isn't much of a game-breaking feature that you would need to pay for. Just like in factions with harvest hoes, it's an upgrade. It should be an upgrade. If they don't want too many upgrades, they can remove something such as token hunter, since I've noticed it doesn't even work that well.

6. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey ThiccBooty! Hope you are having a good day!

Increased Pick EXP in Dmine:
    Unfortunately I don't agree with you for this one. Not many people use dmine now a days so this would be pretty pointless to add to the server. As someone mentioned above it will also be considered pay to win due to the fact that only donators can access that mine. I think that only having it for mines that everyone can access would be best. Overall this one is a -1 from me

Pick EXP increases based on prestige:
    I personally think this is a great idea since they will encourage more people to rank up. This is because people can just use 4 plots for spawners and hoppers are not a problem to most people. I have a couple of friends which just use 4 plots for spawners and don't rank up very often so if this gets implemented that would be beneficial for them due to the fact that they mine a lot. Overall this is a +1 from me

Pick EXP booster for different ranks:
    As I mentioned in my first response, this will just make the server more pay to win plus theres already a booster which already gives EVERYONE an increase EXP amount so In my perspective this would be pretty useless and would make the prison community mad. I think it would be best leaving it like it is now because it seems like the prison community is pretty happy with how it is. Overall this one is a -1 from me

Of course you could argue that adding the 1st & 3rd suggestion will make people buy more ranks but overall this would just make players mad and In my perspective people would not buy ranks just for those perks anyways so thats why I have given both of them -1.

Thanks for brining this up ThiccBooty <3
    Have a lovely rest of your day/night!

#6 boomrabbits_, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    BlockyBeach likes this.
  7. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    I can see where you are coming from on these suggestions.
    Here are my views on these:
    Pickaxe exp increased in Dmine: WAY too P2W. Dmine is donator only, as boomrabbits_ mentioned, so this would infuriate the roughly 50% of the prison players that are rookies.
    (Not to mention I was a rookie for nearly 2 years on this server and struggled all that while to get a decent pickaxe).
    ---

Pickaxe exp increased for prestiging: Probably a good idea.
    More prestiging incentives for those who mine and work for those ores.
    Increasing hopper and spawner limits on plots are useful, especially as how boomrabbits_ mentioned that some of their friends used all 4 plots for spawners/storage (only immortal ranked players have 4 plots). However, adding this extra incentive is useful and encourages people to go for prestiges.
    +1
    ---

Pickaxe exp increased for different ranks: Again, WAY too P2W and also (this time) TOO OVERPOWERED.
    This pick exp boost would give the following if it were to be implemented:
    Rookie: No boost (1.0x)
    Coal: 1.1x
    Iron: 1.2x
    Gold: 1.3x
    Emerald: 1.4x
    Diamond: 1.5x
    Bedrock: 1.6x
    Legend: 1.7x
    Immortal: 1.8x
    Note the last line: Immortal rank would have a 1.8x multiplier for pickaxe exp! By itself, that's nearly double what a rookie would get - an immortal-ranked player mining 56k blocks would get the same amount of pickaxe exp as a rookie mining over 100k blocks!
    In conjunction with a pickaxe exp booster, this would jump to over three and a half times more than normal - assuming that a pickaxe exp booster applies to the multipliers evenly (e.g. rookie 1 * 2 and immortal 1.8 * 2), this narrows the gap to 57.5k:100k blocks for an immortal player compared to a rookie.
    This is still a lot.
    The immortal player mines 240k less blocks for a fortune 10 pick, sells the ores for 2.5x the mine prices (5x with a booster), and gets to 300k blocks worth of pickaxe exp (without any 2x boosters), at which time they are able to prestige, max out fortune (get to lvl 10) and start buying spawners in bulk. A rookie has to mine 540k blocks (assuming no 2x boosters happen again) to get a lvl 10 fortune pickaxe (pick lvl 32), sell ores to another person's ore shop, and tries to do this all while lumping everything they have on 1 plot. It's not impossible, it is just hard, and it is made much harder by this proposed change.
    -100 (more if necessary).
    Also, please note that as you suggested 3 ideas, one seems to be for everyone, one for all donators and one which is rank specific - a "majority" of these ideas are specific to donators.
    This is just my opinion (please note).
    Keep suggesting!

#7 BlockyBeach, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    boomrabbits_ likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.