Prison Kits

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Kinito, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Kinito

TheRealKinito
    With the introduction of the upgradable pickaxe a few seasons ago, the kit pickaxes have been left in the dust.
    Which is why I prepose to switch out the pickaxe for something more useful such as some pickaxe EXP or something else like an extra vote key of sorts.
    I just don't think theres any use of having these pickaxes that almost nobody uses anymore.

fattr likes this.
  2. Pootis McPootbird

PootisMcPootbird
    I don't think there should be extra voting keys, since that could throw off the balance of the economy a bit. Besides, you don't get items that represent those keys, those are just stored in data.

As for Pickaxe EXP, I can agree, however only the higher-ranks kits should have them. Even so, not a whole lot of EXP should be given, at most 5k EXP.

"Why not put keys, or big EXP notes?", you may ask. Simple. To prevent the server into reaching levels of P2W, since otherwise, the server could become a target for anti-P2W.

3. Kinito

TheRealKinito
    While I do agree with the point's you have given, the server already is P2W.
    This is the reason why servers have an absolutely stupidly high rank to non-rank ratio.
    However it's not p2w in the traditional sense of you pay money and just get absurdly overpowered stuff, but rather, it's borderline impossible to reach endgame in prison without a rank due to the perks that ranks give being absurdly overpowered (market sell price).
    However this is not meant to badmouth the server, but really just bring some light on how difficult it is to play prison without a rank.

I realize im a bit off topic here, but anyways,
    Adding pickaxe EXP to kits in replacement to pickaxes was the main idea, so I'm glad you agree.

4. NineTurtles

MoriarInvictus
    I strongly agree with kit picks being all but useless. As much as I love the upgradeable prison pick, it has indeed made kit/voting picks entirely useless. I believe that 5k pick xp a day might be a bit much, but something like 2.5k in the Immortal kit and scaling down from there would be a very nice addition and could replace the kit picks.

#4 NineTurtles, Mar 1, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    Kinito likes this.
  5. Kinito

TheRealKinito
    Glad you agree!
    And I definetely do think that 2.5k scaling downwards would be both very useful and balanced.

NineTurtles likes this.
  6. Kyee__

Kyee__
    Hey,

Personally, I think the pickaxe's that come along with the kits are fine. I like to use them sometimes in /warp pvp or other places because I don't want to risk loosing a good upgradable pickaxe & don't want to claim a bad upgradable pickaxe. With kits though, I also have a suggestion that more can come along with the kits, like for something that all players can use seeing they are just kits for pvping, they don't help out the eco players at all.

- POR

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.