Prison Idea's & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Kyee__, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Kyee__

Kyee__
    Hey Guys, Just wanna come on here and ask if any of you guys have any ideas for next season.
    So far RatJansen and I have complied many ideas & would like some opinions on them too, and If you check this forum post frequently there may be some updates too with more ideas.

IDEAS:
    - To have more prestige's to make the season last longer
    To support the extra prestige's if there were more there could be
    - More levels to the Cellmate with more rewards
    - Cellmate quests, so when they go on expedition they can bring something back with them also allowing for maxed out cellmates to still have a purpose
    - For Cellmates to have a longer expedition time for for more scraps required before going on expedition
    - A new event, which could be called 'Robbery' where It can be like a Capture The Flag type event where you have to take contraband from 1 place to the other with avoiding the Prison Guards (mobs) and try not to die or take damage from them, the person who steals the most contraband & takes the least amount of damage wins.
    - Another upgrade on Pickaxes, a treasure hunter upgrade sort of like what a Harvest Hoe has on Skyblock
    - Amplifiers, It would be like a personal booster that lasts for 30 mins that could either give a Pickaxe EXP boost, token luck boost, bonus blocks boost, /sell all boost (cannot work with sellshops) & more.
    - An extra daily spin on Wheel of Fortune, The extra spin can be used only once a day & can possibly be purchased with PMD tickets
    - Weekly quests, you could do certain activities to receive rewards
    - Make it so you don't have to AFK minions
    - Booster Pot
    - While mining you can receive contraband and sell it to a prison guard at the front of the mine

- To have separate permissions for PMD, so there could be a perm for people just to only use the PMD Tickets, and another permission to use Minion Money & buy Wyvern Crystals

This is all I have so far, if you have any suggestions it could also bring more inspiration.

Some things that you guys could think of is how to make the gameplay & season of Prison longer and Entertaining, with fairness for everyone. Any idea is not a bad idea, they could be crazy idea's but hopefully the prison community can get together & think of something cool & could be realistic that would be good for Prison. You may also elaborate on the current idea's or have a idea on a different way it would work.

- Packet

2. xEthzn

make people think about building a new type of grinder, not just fall damage / lava with skeletons. (done well with skyblocks new turtle spawners) so basically, just make a new spawner meta

noob_alt and Kyee__ like this.
  3. JCONTOP

Bring back Beaconing for people who pvp

noob_alt, Kyee__ and Shreddedcoconut like this.
  4. AlexMarkey

Thank you for this thread! The more suggestions the better, so everyone pitch some ideas!

Chilo_, OwenCW, noob_alt and 4 others like this.
  5. Shreddedcoconut

Why don't we have ancient PvP items from Ancient keys? e.g. Sharpness 6 (VI) and Protection 5 (V).

Ancient Armor and Swords should be in Prison.

6. coisen

Cellmate quests is a great idea. I suggest the ability to have cellmates go on specific quests to bring back certain items while mining. This could mean that you go to your cellmate menu and have them go on a quest where you receive said item after however many blocks are required to mine for that item. Such as

Item with less value, such as a token: Receive every 2000 blocks mined.
    Item with intermediate value, such as a beacon: Receive every 15000 blocks mined.
    Item with high value, such as a 5mil spawner: Receive every 80000 blocks mined.
    Item with extreme value, such as a chunk loader: Receive every 2.000.000 blocks mined. (I don't think an item this high should be allowed through cellmate quests, but I'm adding it for reference).

Also, cellmates should be able to have their expeditions sped up. As someone with certain timeslots each given day, it's annoying when I want to mine for an hour and I'm only able to send my cellmate on one of hundreds of expeditions that I need to ultimately max it. For this, I suggest that mining should speed up your cellmate's expeditions. For example, the 15,000 scraps the cellmate needs to start the expedition is much shorter than the hour you have to wait in between starting expeditions. If mining 25 blocks meant taking a second off the cellmate's expedition, it wouldn't shorten the overall timer too much.

Edit: Oh, and nerf wyvern spawners.

OwenCW, noob_alt and Kyee__ like this.
  7. mayid111

Make a bank that u can store money into and get interest over time
    and make it so u can upgrade the money u got from it

8. QuackAtttack

QuackAtttack
    Make gang events such as team games in PvP or other places

ItsConnor_, noob_alt, JCONTOP and 2 others like this.
  9. soldier_adams

I like many of the ideas you brought up. I don't think the cellmate should require more scraps though like you mentioned. I feel 15K is a good amount. But having rewards would definitely make him useful once maxed out. If I had to rank your ideas, here's the ones I like most:

1. Don't have to AFK minions
    2. Separate perms for PMD
    3. Cellmate quests so they are useful once maxed

Here's some other idea's I have:
    • Make chunk loader load the whole plot, and not just one chunk (unless they already do and I'm misunderstanding how they work)
    • Remove the pickaxes from rank kit rewards and replace with something else. Spawners maybe? Everyone mostly uses the unbreakable pick, so the rank kit picks aren't as useful anymore.
    • Fix the enderpearl glitch (if possible).
    • Have a built in command that shows all the colors for text and how to use it
    • Fix the apple pickers glitch. People can use apple pickers on your trees, even with block damage turned off.
    • Rename symbol level 38. It says "Radioactive", but it should be something like "Biohazard" or "Bio Warfare" of "Biological Warfare".
    • Rename symbol level 37. It says "Navigation", but it should be something like "Chemical" or "Chemical Warfare".
    • Rename the level of rewards when claiming keys. I feel like Legendary is higher then Epic, but the epic rewards are better then the legendary rewards (at least for the voting keys).

fattr, ItsConnor_ and noob_alt like this.
  10. Reid sondermeyer

shut down the server lol

11. lavoova the grape

lavoova
    Make it so all the money spent on rankups goes to Markey. I wanna see how rich he would be!

JCONTOP and Kyee__ like this.
  12. Sugar_Girl2

How much longer is this season gonna be? I hear rumors that it's resetting in less than a month which I think is completely unfair because in the past seasons were usually at least 6 months. It's been around 3 months now and I really think it should be longer. Perhaps not everyone agrees but if it resets too soon I have no desire to play again, because what's the point if I can't reach my goals because things reset too early.

noob_alt and lavoova the grape like this.
  13. Sugar_Girl2

An idea for cellmate rewards: ability to copy and paste signs. Or it could be a perk.

OwenCW and noob_alt like this.
  14. SomeRandomGuy

add glass breakers that break glass fast because breaking glass by hand is so annoying, maybe make it an enchant on a pickaxe or add it as its own item found in voting keys or something, Dont make it too rare

fattr, noob_alt, Kyee__ and 1 other person like this.
  15. QuackAtttack

QuackAtttack
    Average season is 4-6 months which means that is normal resetting time

OwenCW likes this.
  16. mayid111

yall should make an npc at the plot and when u drop something u pay 10% of it to get it back or something like that

noob_alt likes this.
  17. noob_alt

Some great ideas in this thread. Here's a few of my own ideas (sorry if I repeat any that have already been suggested). I'll add more if i think of any.

- Make it so /block command works with ores inside backpacks (more players will make block shops to extend longetivity between market boosters)

- Add a few signs to pmine spawn so when a player first arrives they are familiar with basic commands, such as /pmine help

- Im sure many current prison players are familiar with this. When someone advertises their shop in chat 2-3 times its easy to see them as a nuisance amongst the plethora of bots repeating the same thing. Recommended action is to /ignore. The thing is, if the person who advertised maybe once or twice speaks again (non advert talk) they're forever invisible to those who did /ignore. Bots are set up to do this often and often repeat the same advert every couple of minutes, but a player may innocently type out an advert 2-3 times to draw players to their shop, be mistaken for a bot, and be forever ignored for it. Maybe add a command that filters messages that include "/p warp" , "/pmine warp" "/pmine go" etc. That command would be, for example, /toggleadvert.

- Add a regular notification in chat about /help (maybe once every 30 minutes), add more detail in the /help menu - elaborate on different aspects of prison such as how prestige system works. Maybe add a link to the MCC prison wiki/forum

- Remove /tpahere from wilderness to prevent new players to the server being spawned in, losing their stuff, left confused, raging about it in chat/via pm and leaving the server and never returning. To add to this, maybe make it so you can only tpa friends / gang members into the wilderness with a notification to tell the player about this when they type /tpahere from the wilderness. Also I would like to see a tpa countdown, once you /tpaccept it counts down from 5 before warping you (countdown enabled by default but can be toggled off using a command). Also remove /call.

- When a player visits the prison mines for the first time, send a notification to them about their prison cellmate, a brief description on how it works. Levels = prizes etc. An incentive to keep mining.

- Make it so items do not automatically go to your inventory from the /cm , you are notified each time you unlock something and have to click to collect. This will prevent items being dropped on the floor, which is a nightmare if you're at someones plot and they have item pickup disabled (and they're offline!) Another reason for this is, I received some prizes from cm in my inventory and didn't realise where they were from, I actually thought someone dropped them next to me in the mine and was looking for that person to hand them back!

- Items dropped into the void can be collected for a limited amount of time, maybe at a cost.

- Make it so you can /pmine inspect shop signs and find out who bought/sold

- Add /pmine inspect to the prisoner of mass destruction, so you can see who has been spending your minion money

- Add more detail above the prisoner of mass destruction when a player is using it to blast blocks, such as how many blocks have been blasted (players could pay others to use the pomd based on their performance). All players including those not using the pomd in the pmine would be able to see the stats in real time. Also consider adding a log of who used the pomd.

- When using the pomd , have it so random blocks are highlighted in the mine when using it (only visible to the person using the pomd), hitting these blocks may result in prizes. This would make using the pomd a fun experience and not such a chore.

- Add perms for the wheel so you can allow others to use it but not change the skin.

- Make seperate perms for chests, hoppers and anvils. Don't label them all as "container".

- Some (high donator rank players) may disagree with this one, but its a twist on current gameplay. Add an item that allows /fly for a limited amount of time (say 1hr per use) which only works in your own pmine/p plot. This could be a prize unlocked via /cm (the item could be traded/sold for those who are already emerald+), an item that allows /fly but has a limited amount of uses. We have fly for emerald+ players but owning emerald is a far fetch for many players who cannot afford the rank. This would give many players opportunity to make larger / more interesting plots. Another idea, make it so all players can use /fly for 1hr per day, emerald+ rank for perm fly.

- Add a 15 minute market booster for $5 (current 30 minute market booster costs $10)

- Add a cooling off period for coinflip. If the player decides to enable it, (via /cf menu) they cannot gamble for 24hrs.

- Add /pmine logs for those who use the sethome /home <name> perk (currently anyone can use the sethome perk to create a home at your pmine and when they visit, your logs do not show this).

- Add seperate perms for pmine and p plot

- Fix mob ai randomly turning on. This season I have witnessed endermans randomly pick up grass blocks at my plot, even if the block has a shop sign on it. Ocelots running wild and attacking random mobs in my mobfarm (this one isn't so bad and is quite entertaining tbh).

- Allow items to fall down into hoppers from shop chests.

- Give /Kit money a system similar to /vote , you unlock higher amounts each day you use it (capping at one month, resets but values get doubled each subsequent month) Receiving additional bonus payouts the longer it is used. $100k a day doesn't quite cut it after a short while.

- When we trust a player to our pmine, a notification appears to let us know they are now trusted. Add a few words after the notification explaining how to /untrust.

- This one i think has already been mentioned, allow perms for players to refuel only, but not take robot gems. Add refuel to /pmine logs.

- This one is quite controversial. Make it so players can not chat until they mine a minimum amount of blocks / spend a minimum amount of time in prison / do some other random task. For example, a player must mine 100 blocks minimum in order to talk. Players who own advert bots would simply have to log each bot in once (non text based client) and finish the task quickly. I'm sure you agree this would prevent many outside non mcc players / bots logging in just to start a chat war / advertise their servers etc.

- Add an events calendar to prison. Perhaps add random minigames to the calendar where all players can participate for a chance to win a reward in prison. Maybe add items to prison that would not be there day 1. I'm sure some of you will think of other more creative ideas to add to the calendar.

- Allow all players to bottle xp but set a limit. No limit for diamond+ players.

- Currently, Apple pickers can be used on oak leaves at anyones pmine (which can lead to someone accidentally ruining the aesthetic if oak leaves are used for plot design), add perm toggle for apple pickers.

A few small changes goes a long way. Thanks for reading :)

#17 noob_alt, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  18. OwenCW

OwenCW
    Here is my list of things i would like to see added or changed:
    • Please finally add a /pledge command, this would let players put money into a pot for a specific booster type (primarily market boosters) and whenever a player next activates that booster they get all the money in the pot. This will make it so more people are willing to buy boosters which is a win for prison players but also will encourage more boosters to be bought which is more money back into the servers pocket. Too many times have i seen players claiming that they will donate money to whoever starts a market booster, just for them to not give them the promised money when they do activate the booster. You could maybe allow a 30 mins cooldown for players to remove their money from the pot if they have to go offline

• We need more customisation for /pmine perms. Possibly you could add more categories for this or allow us to set perms for individual players

• Let us set separate perms for our pmines and plots (for example so we can lock our plot but not the mine)

• Add a toggleable in game reminder to refill the mine robots

• Separate the robot perms, for example you can let players refill and edit the robots but not take the gems from the chest (same could be done for the PMD so you can let players use the PMD but not steal the minion money

• Improve payout/rewards for doing the PMD (basically everyone who i have talked to doesnt like to do it because it is boring and the money reward is minimal)

• Make creating large chest shops easier, maybe allow us to connect one sign to multiple chests

• Let players earn key items like backpacks some way that isnt buying them with money off /ah or having to buy keys

• Put the boosters on sale (like everything else is) during the normal reset/event sales

• I think the wyverns might need a little tone down for how many tokens they can make

• Make sure you align the /p plot with the minecraft chunk borders this time xD

• Let the PMD minions work without afking the plot

• Let us take out the ores from our backpacks

I have many more improvements I have thought about during this season and previous ones so I will try to come back and add the ones that I can remember later on.

Thanks for reading :)
    - OwenCW

19. DaveDreaD

I only have one suggestion this season for a change but its a game changer...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Read some of the quality suggestion's from your players and implement them !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly a lot of them are the same ideas we have been bringing to the table season after season.

Do a list and give us the players feedback if you dont like / cant do what we ask for , tell us why because it really does feel like most of these "what can we do to improve prison" posts get ignored.

ItsConnor_, noob_alt and OwenCW like this.
  20. ItsConnor_

I have a few ideas that I believe are pretty good and would help make prison better, but I feel like some of them may be a little weird and possibly controversial (or not).

*Sorry if I accidentally copy anyones suggestions*

BIG NO NO (I think):

First thing to get out of the way that I think would really kill the experience on prison: Minecraft Central, PLEASE DO NOT Update Prison to a newer version like 1.19. I personally think that this would kill the server (and my pc) because of the newer version vibe. I think everything on prison can be done with 1.8.9 and most people use this version. Personally, I think moving prison to 1.19 would be a terrible idea. Let me know what you think about this!

BIGGER CHANGES

1. Quests! Using /quests would open up a menu where you can look at daily, weekly, or lifetime quests. There would be 3 quests in each category, with the lifetime quests having more like 15-20 quests. Each quest would have a category level, green being easy, yellow being medium, and red being hard difficulty. These quests would give rewards based on the difficulty, with some quests giving temporary or permanent boosts.

2. Mine bombs. Basically something that would be called like a "minebomb" and if you were to throw it on any mine, it would explode a chunk of the mine out. there would be levels like minebomb would be a smaller bomb and like a minestar would be a big bomb that would wipe out nearly half the mine.

3. Mine leveling. Your mine level is how you rank in the pmine leaderboards. You can get mine levels based on: How many blocks have been mined at your pmine, how many robot gems you have collected, how many spawners you have, and how many people have visited your pmine (some factors wont contribute as much to your mine level). You can also get rewards for passing certain pmine levels. This brings me to my next idea

4. When your mine level reaches a certain level, you can unlock the ability to summon a meteor shower at your pmine! The meteor shower will spawn small to big meteors on your mine, blowing up your mine and giving you small rewards (or bigger rewards) and some money. Meteor shows would last between 15 seconds and 30 seconds. Meteor showers would also have a strong effect on the mine that would last around 30 minutes. The boost could be a big increase in robot gems, tokens, pickaxe xp, mob spawning, and even faster PMD minion speed. Meteor showers would have a 1 day cooldown.

5. More pickaxe enchants. I think a lot of people have already touched on this though, so ill keep it short. Add a few more enchants like treasure hunter or money finder even! However I think this point that im bringing up could have mixed reviews. I think pickaxe leveling should be easier to level up, however the levels would go up to 1000. This would mean that the upgrades are more expensive, however I think this would help in adding more pickaxe enchants to pickaxes.

SMALLER CHANGES

1. Easier way to add and remove chest shops
    2. More spawner types (possibly spawners better than season 12 skelly spawners)
    3. New casino game called Crash, you may have heard of the game crash, where basically there is a multiplier that will continuously go up until a random time when the "market crashes". If this happens then you lose all your money, and if you decide to cash out before it crashes, then you get the multiplier that was shown at the time the person cashed out. This is a terrible description tho lol, but I like the idea of another game that isnt just /cf. (to access the game you could do /crash)
    4. Similar to number 3, add something like a wheel of fortune type thing where if you obtained a ticket, you could use it on a wheel to spin to win things like spawners, money, even personal boosters (#5)
    5. Personal boosters. You could earn a booster that only applies to yourself. It is very rare and would all be bonus mining boosters (so no bonus sell multiplier)
    6. (maybe) This one I can not settle if it is good or not, so ill put it here anyway so people can yell at me, but a 2.5x booster that is more expensive.

OwenCW and noob_alt like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.