Prison Discord Add-ON?

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by MicroSquid, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Hello Everyone :) ,
    I'd come up with an idea a while ago but I was too lazy to make an account to post on forums. Im pretty sure many others have had this same idea. I believe that there should be a role people could have in the discord which allows them to then be able to get pinged if a booster is activated on the prison server. Ive seen many servers have a role channel where all a person has to do is simply react to a message to receive a role, which would also make it just as easy for the person to remove the role if they decided to no longer play. Its not a necessary thing to add to the discord but I do believe that MANY people would be happy to have something like this. The way it could be managed is simply allowing people to ping @shops or @booster in order to notify others of a currently active booster. I can see how it could potentially get out of hand but another way is to have a separate channel for it entirely if its a concern. I do think its something to consider being done since it would be helpful to both the servers activity and the person who activated said booster. Thanks for reading <3

puposaurus likes this.
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! i’ve seen this idea float around before, and i agree that a booster notification should be added somehow, but i don’t think having it be a discord role or notification would work. the discord/discord bot would have to be linked/connected to ingame and know when there’s a booster unless it’s manually typed by a staff member which wouldn’t always work since the staff are usually busy in another subserver or whatever the case may be... also, i think that if there was a notification when a booster was added, many players could join the prison realm at once and potentially lag the server. and-and if it’s the 2x multiplier, mines would get cleared a lot faster than they already do (w/o a notification) and there would just be a lot of waiting for them to reset..
    overall, i really like the idea, and all for it, but i also don’t see it getting implemented
    hope this helped.. and kinda made sense..

have a ☆ day!
    ~puposaurus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    The idea was to allow players to ping other plays and to really just have it be shop owners who had the role rather than potentially the whole server. Also i dont think there would be much of a difference in lag seeing how much there is when there's a booster on anyways. I had already thought about that but it would most likely be similar to the player base during the 40% off flash sales which is very manageable and has been done before, therefore, i dont believe the lag it would cause would be too much of an issue based off day to day lag.

puposaurus likes this.
  4. guih

guihzy
    Hey!
    DeathStrokeDevil (MCC Helper) runs an unofficial prison discord, where we usually tag everyone when boosters are on. If you want to join feel free to msg me on discord (ItsGuih#0001) and ask for the invite link. I don’t think that adding a bot to the mcc community discord just because of prison players would be useful, as only a few players play prison. That’s what i think only, I really want to read the replies of other players. Have a nice day
    - ItsGuih // MCC Helper

MicroSquid likes this.
  5. Ankh

Ankh
    Instead of just for prison, maybe a Booster Bot in general would be a good idea. I've coded in both Javascript and Java before so I know something like this would be possible, but I've never attempted it so I have no idea how hard it would be.

Only issue I can really see is now that players get a Booster role for boosting the server with nitro, it may get a little confusing to have 2 Booster ranks.

puposaurus likes this.
  6. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Yeah the idea was maybe to have a role for shop owners. Like how in the discord you have to verify your donor rank and your discord to get roles. You could verify your shop and the role could be shop owners

7. Joshy

I don't see why this is a bad idea, but I feel like it's not necessary. Although it would be good to have on the server, there is already a server ran by a staff member as ItsGuih mentioned.
    Personally, I'd say just use this one because there are tons of problems that need to be fixed already, and that the staff are working on already. It would just be another thing that they would have to do.

8. Ankh

Ankh
    I mean it does work to an extent, but the problem with people is that they can't be on 24/7, so there will always be a few times where booster announcements are mixed. Would be a lot easier if they updated the booster plugin so that it sent a message to a discord bot, which would be waiting for that input to send a message mentioning a new booster starting.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.