Possible Solutions to Stealing in Survival

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by wafe, Nov 11, 2019.

1. wafe

wafe
    I keep seeing a common issue that is stealing from other players. I've thought of 3 ideas that can possibly resolve the issue.

1. An enchantment that automatically puts the mined blocks/mob drops into the player's inventory once killed/mined.

Con: Players can get the mob loot from other players by getting the last hit.

*Note:
    I don't think this enchantment should be on the fishing rod, but that's just my opinion.

2. Most damage done to the ender dragon decides who gets the egg. (Like an event)

Con: I don't really see a con in this.

*Note:

Once the event is finished, the egg can't spawn (like it usually does when the dragon dies). Although this might be obvious, I want to be as clear as possible.

3. A toggleable setting that decides if you want to drop items when you mine a block or kill a mob.
    EXAMPLE: /togglemobdrops (for mobs) or /toggledrops (for blocks)
    ^This is just an example of the name.

Con: This is the same thing as the enchant (but as a setting), which makes the enchant useless (IF ADDED)

*Note:
    Things that don't drop, when broken/killed, will not be given. EX: glass

Anyways, thank you all for reading! Hopefully, this can help survival players.

HelliK and puposaurus like this.
  2. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey! Thanks for making these suggestions for the MCC Survival Community!

For the first one, I think that this is the smallest problem on the server and unlikely to happen. This also makes it not survival like. As Sam said, you can deny players if it is on your plot if that is where it happens. -1 to that Idea.

For the second Idea, I half agree and half disagree. I made a suggestion on another thread where the ended dragon is completely the same except who gets the egg but I don’t think we should at all have it like an event. It is not what normal survival is like and usually people wanna kill it with some mates not the server. 50/50 To that one.

For the third one I find this extremely not survival like and probably a huge challenge in Minecraft having a full inventory. I think this should not be added. -1

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

Deleted member 145, AZXG and wafe like this.
  3. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello,

I dont feel like we need an enchant or toggle added so blocks/drops are instantly put into your inventory. With the ender dragon egg, I would like to see the egg be given to the player who has done the most damage.

One thing I want added is when fishing the item goes directly into your inventory. Yes people will say just fish at your plot or move, but sometimes the players stealing just follow you. Again a suggestion is to fish at your plot, however it won't rain ever and you won't get the benefits of the rain in /warp fb

Thanks, Olli

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.