Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Possible build team revival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by happiey, May 15, 2020.

1. happiey

Hiraieth
    On my previous forums post, I talked about potentially adding in new features into minigames, and one of the features brought up was new maps. A lot of the MCC community are fantastic builders, and I believe some would be willing to join a build team if it was brought about again. Flying through the creative server, you can see many ordinary players with original and creative builds.

Now I don't know the reason the original one was disbanded, but with demands of different updates in the aspects of the server as a whole, the building could be under control by the team who is primarily for it. With this said in my prior post, no new revamped maps have been added in minigames for almost 2 years. A build team would be able to specialize in this and make it a top priority.

Let me know your opinions!

Swinger likes this.
  2. Swinger

Swinger
    As someone who was on the old MCC Build Team, there's nothing I'd love to see more than for it to make a return, but I don't think that it's likely to happen. The old build team, although talented, was very dysfunctional. There was a mix of people and personalities which ended up being more unproductive than Alex and Jeremy would have liked. That's just a risk of building a build team from community applications.

I'd love a new build team. I'd be happy to join and help build it from the ground up myself to try and avoid the pitfalls it fell into last time. However, the owners seem content with going to external build teams for projects (who they currently get to do their subserver reset building). And the reality is, minigame updates are not being left alone because there's a shortage of maps; there's enough fantastic maps in the map submissions section of this forum to cover more than one update over every MCC minigame (with the exception of maybe Survival Games). They haven't been updated because they're not a monetary priority.

If there was to be a new build team, the owners would have to be dissatisfied with their external team hiring. Having a build team just for minigame maps (which is essentially what it would be) would just be uneconomical for them and the people who apply. They'd be pumping money into individuals who likely build lower quality maps than they can buy externally; that's just the reality of going to a professional team versus the reality of server-centered teams.

Having a MCC build team more focused around minigames like you suggest would also mean that Alex and Jeremy would be making a commitment to FREQUENT minigame updates. With the rate I know me and other good community builders can pump out maps, they'd need to update a different minigame every 2-3 months. Considering their money dominantly comes through subservers, I don't think that kind of commitment would ever be met by them, especially considering the amount of FREE community maps they get weekly. Again, it's a nice idea, but unfortunately uneconomical.

#2 Swinger, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Lxyne, Phraze and happiey like this.
  3. Cessie2u

Cessie2u
    I agree with Swinger.

Maybe if the current staff members are good at building, they can get a sub-group for building. it could be apart of their daily duties. But I'm not sure that it's in the server's future to assemble another build team.

Stay Well-
    Cessie2u

happiey likes this.
  4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    HiHi!
    i also ageee with the points Swinger had said.

i don’t think this is ever coming back. seeing since the team has been disband for over 2years and markey and the community have adjusted. there are still map submissions, although most of those are either trashy or don’t meet up to the “quality” of builds were already have or they get turned down even if they are “quality”
    along with that, i have heard that there had been slight drama w/ staff team and build team n such which was kinda tiring and if that is true or not, i think it’d be best to avoid it despite the drama in the staff team rn alone. also, as an ex build team and now ex staff member mentioned once was how there were good builders on the team, but to meet expectations of what “professional building” or “quality building” looked like, it wasn’t there. I don’t have any judgement on that as I’m not really much of a good builder to have a place to judge, but for the crap mcc gets already, i don’t think shit builds needs to be added to that list. also lowkey hating the word “quality” :/ the builds were good, don’t get me wrong but markey and higher ups were prolly expecting more development within those builds n whatnot.
    here’s the post alex made when it was disband (on his enjin wall) https://i.gyazo.com/00ceb2b6d69559003d62797ae77ea413.jpg
    [​IMG]
    in his post, he has mentioned how it kinda took time away to look for builders n such when that time can be put towards developing the subservers which are really where most of the money comes from for mcc, as swinger already touched on.

overall, i just don’t really see it coming back
    have a great day!

89p likes this.
  5. Swinger

Swinger
    Just want to clarify a few things. A lot of map submissions are very good, and I know the Admin team + members of the staff team actively get the downloads for good ones to forward to Alex. A lot more maps are accepted than you think, we just haven't seen an update.
    There was only ever a few bits of personal drama. For the most part, the staff team and build team got along great, especially considering there was a lot of crossover (a lot of higher-ups were dual team members, and a lot of BT members were ex-staff members). This drama is easily avoidable if a BT was to come back simply by having better management.
    This wasn't entirely false; we had some talents on the team, but a few people lacked motivation. A lot of the team's lack of productivity was due to management. Every single person there could pump out a good skywars map though, don't get me wrong.

puposaurus likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.