[POLL] Buff Farmer Job?

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by Muel, Dec 5, 2020.

?

Should we buff farming?

1. Yes, by x1.5

69.2%
  2. Yes but by a different amount (reply)

15.4%
  3. No

15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muel

Hey everyone,
    We were wondering if you would like us to buff the farmer job, if so, by how much? We were thinking of buffing it by 1.5 times what it is now.

You can use the poll or reply back with additional suggestions (in regard to the farming job).
    Thanks!

2. JDelii

JDelii
    Ye it should be buffed a little :D

3. Monte

to be honest, I feel like x1.5 is not quite enough as farming is so bad it is not comparable to other jobs like fishing and mining, I dont expect it to be as good but the money needs to be doubled and the exp need to be closer to the 1's side than the current 0.35 per melon. Buffing farming should bring a positive effect to the game now as it encourages more players to do farming (Farming is the most unpopular job). I really look forward to this change and I feel like the devs are heading to the right direction.

AZXG likes this.
  4. nuveau

reveared
    Hi,
    In my opinion, I think it should be buffed by at least 2x what it currently is; it is the most unpopular job on survival for a reason, which is not being able to provide enough currency and experience to players. For example, the most experience and in-game money you can obtain from the job are by gathering Cocoa Beans, which provide $3.00 and 0.50 EXP each. If the earnings get multiplied by 1.5x as suggested, it would only increase to $4.5 and .75 EXP each, which I think it still isn't enough to compete with other jobs. If we multiply it by 2x, we would get $6.00 and 1.0 EXP, which is clearly more balanced and could be considered fairer to compete against other jobs. Multiplying the returns by 1.5x is still good, but I believe 2x is a better and more equitable option.

5. Deesal

Deesal
    Hiya,

I believe this would be a good idea to do, but if it's implemented now, it's a little unfair for people who have already put countless hours in to grind this job, for example, brax_2000 who is already level 79.

Also, as stated by others, I think the multiplier should be more between x1.75 to x2 to make it a bit more balanced as yeah.. I make tons more off every other job compared to this one.

6. Muel

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will forward it.
    However, here's my concern. A typical sub-server season last 6-8 months (for survival, probably a lot more), but the point is, it's been barely a month and people are beginning to max out their jobs completely, what are you going to do for the rest of the season? I guess you could create a shop and still do your jobs for money, but it isn't as fun when you no longer compete for levels or level up. I agree farming should be buffed in the sense of making it balanced with the rest, but I think overall, it's too easy to level up.

Maybe farming could be that one job that's super hard to do, maybe the rest could be a bit easier and this one is the one that takes the most grinding... creating tons of farms on your plot, etc. but overall I suppose this season would rather be a test-season to see how jobs work, etc.

You'll see in the next changelog if it's buffed, but still, feel free to reply back with your feedback (regarding the farming job) until then.

#6 Muel, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    AZXG likes this.
  7. puposaurus

puposaurus
    THEN NERF MINING AND FISHING. I don't care if farming is kept same or buffed, but i would like to see some balance between the jobs so there's not a star job (fishing and mining). mining is very easy to level up within 30min or so when i was level 30-42 after that it was a little longer. i can't speak too much for fishing since i don't fish a lot in survival unless it's for a quest. But i do use the other jobs a lot and I feel there's a huge gap between the leveling up between farming - excavation/woodcuttter mining - fishing
    for woodcutter, i don't see a point in making all the trees that can have a 2x2 sapling more or less EXP + $$ when someone could easily just be in a birch forest and grind same amount of wood they could get from a jungle in same or less amount of time (since juncles are a b1rtch to deal with). I think making them equal EXP + $$ would be something cool to see OR to make the $ ratio of what wood was wold for last season same for the EXP and $ to this season ( accia is most, oak is least, and so on)
    for mining, I think it's pretty easy to just set homes at emerald and diamond spots and just mine those out, but that's been the case since always and I've mentioned this before but i think a way to at least somewhat slow it down is to reduce fb resets or to even lower the amounts. i think the redstone exp is a lot seeing since it's "rare-ness" is prolly just as much as iron once you get into the mines and it's always in somewhat big pockets. in vanilla Minecraft i think it might make a little more sense for the amount of EXP redstone is at, but on mcc with mostly donators with sethomes in mines/caves with lots of diamonds/emeralds/gold/alpis/etc i think mining should be buffed
    mcc storeowner lwoeky ruined the survival eco with fishing. the only thing about fishing being a big eco thing that isn't that bad is that the fish have no purpose unless you're saving them for quests or you're making water breathing potions (so mostly useless). but i still think it's a little crazy how you could be level 1 have a lure3 rod and get lucky and get a pufferfish and then keep fishing for 30min and level up 7-10 times w/i 30min (at low levels)

anwyays gn have nice day :)

#7 puposaurus, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    AZXG and Muel like this.
  8. Muel

Thread Locked || Farmer was buffed by x1.5
    Feel free to comment on Unadvised's "Survival Reset Feedback" thread if you have any suggestions.
    Or feel free to comment on our most recent poll for increasing the Job Level Cap, which will most likely happen :)

AlexMarkey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.