Political Disputes rule change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ctrs, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ctrs

ctrs
    I know this most likely won't happen, but there is a flaw in the disputes rule, or how staff judges this rule to deserve a mute.

The biggest problem with this rule is discussing political views is not a dispute, but it can lead to one. I was recently muted for talking about recent political events to a lot of different people with different political views without having a dispute, I believe we all respected our political beliefs, we were simply discussing our political views.

I do understand that discussing can sometimes lead to a dispute, but in my case, a lot of us had different views on politics and we still weren't arguing even if we didn't agree with each other's beliefs.

I believe that if a political discussion is discouraged, it should become a new rule on the MCC server, or just have the Political Disputes rule completely changed to just Political Discussions. I understand that MCC is not the place for political discussions however I also connected with some people in the community about these topics and sort of had a few new friendships despite our different views.

Before this thread gets spammed with appeal links and people restating what I just said here, I already appealed, and also brought up the same points I have here and the appeal was accepted. (also the staff member was pretty chill)

Thanks for listening.

khoah likes this.
  2. fedham

fedham
    I was once muted for I think a day? because someone got me to say the word "baca" backwards and the same person chat report me :/.
    My thoughts on this will be covered on #MCCNEWS :D (im plugging and im shameless fite me)

#2 fedham, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  3. Firebal676

Firebal
    What is MMC? must be a MCC clone >:(

By stating a fact, is different from having a "Dispute" I think most people with a brain can understand this and get behind it. If you are muted for saying a fact, then that's when it becomes a problem.

However, a dispute can expand from simple debate to argument which is obviously something that this community should not have as this is a Minecraft server and this is not the place to speak of anything like that.

Imo, just tell people to stop talking about political conversations in general, as they seem to bring people apart instead of bring people together.

khoah, fedham and ctrs like this.
  4. fedham

fedham
    Misspelled it lol, I'm using an Alexa with a screen to type all this. I agree with you but again gonna go deeper on da podcast

5. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    I think politics shouldn’t be a topic in this game, because not anyone here is respectful and know how to accept other people’s opinion. And then there’s the troll opinions which might offense people it’s realy not for MCC. I don’t think this one should get added -1

Zonafer, ctrs, Ahnxious and 1 other person like this.
  6. khoah

khoah
    Hey, I think it would be wise to stay away from controversial topics, and political topics, however it should be fine to talk about political things, as long as it doesn’t lead to an argument and things like that. The dispute rule is flawed as you said, and it should be changed. As long as all people in the convo aren’t being disrespectful of ones beliefs, I believe that players should have the will to talk about it without fearing of being muted. :)
    +1 for me

ctrs likes this.
  7. Ahnxious

Emiies
    Imma be real honest that's hard for people to do today. (Being respectful) I feel like this server already has enough arguments per day and this rule should remain the same. Yeah of course not everyone is disrespectful but keep in mind a lot of children play on this server too. (Lack of maturity in most cases) When people show their viewpoints on a subject there will always be a person that ends up disagreeing. (Which leads to arguing and drama) I feel like if a player to player wants to have a discussion or debate about their political viewpoints they should private message. And they should not involve most of the server into their political discussion because of the arguing that will be involved. -0.5

khoah and ctrs like this.
  8. ctrs

ctrs
    I think a lot of people missed the main point, that the rule Political Disputes should become Political Discussion and not Political Disputes. I am all for your guys' opinion and that's what my post says up there, There is already an existing Political Disputes rule, and I think it should be modified so that political discussions are avoided entirely.

Ahnxious likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.